cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@Samtian itโ€™s good to hear youโ€™re on your way to regaining your sense of smell.  Thatโ€™s promising.  Our bodies are incredible how they can regenerate and heal.  

@heartsmyface Yes they are, and thank you!

So happy to hear that your sense of smell is returning, @Samtian! ๐Ÿ’– I hope you find scents you love in your collection.

@curlychiquita Thank you!!

Here's my project pan lineup for Q4 2021. I've worked my way through or de-stashed all but 2 of my original project pan products, both makeup items. Adding a body cream and cuticle cream to the mix. 

Oct - Dec 2021 Project Pan 2.jpg

This is where we stand at the end of October. No pan to report for this month, but I'm hoping to have made some significant progress on each of these items by the end of next month.

10.31.2021 Pan - All.jpg

Status + Up Close Photos:

Spoiler
10.31.2021 Pan - Body + Nails.jpg
I was working my through another body cream when I started on the Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple Body Cream so I think I can make more progress on this tube next month. ๐Ÿคž My goal is to finish this in its entirety by the end of the year.

With the Julep Your Cuticles Look Thirsty Cuticle Cream, my goal is to try to use this at least 3-4 times per week. For now, I'll leave it on my nightstand in an effort to make some better progress in November. I have no expectation of finishing this by year's end, but I will be interested to see how often I reach for it and how far I get at the end of December.

10.31.2021 Pan - Makeup.jpg
I'm not sure whether I'll hit pan on Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush - Paaarty, and that's okay; I'll still keep working at it. The motto for this blush is "slow and steady wins the race." ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm happy with the progress that I've made with this one and would like to see where I end up at the end of the year.

I've just been chipping away at the blush and Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette. I met my goal for 2021 last month with hitting pan on Tor (last row, 2nd shadow). I would like to see if I can hit pan on one other eyeshadow. My best bet would be Sculpture so the plan is to incorporate that shade into my eye looks more often, while also reaching for some of my other shadows, both ones in this palette and in my collection.

2 more months to go! Excited to see everyone's progress on their panning projects!

Amazing work, @itsfi!! 

Thank you @haleyvvvv! ๐Ÿ˜Š Iโ€™ve been happy with my progress so far and am excited to see how things go over the next couple of months. 

@itsfi You are so amazing! Great work, I can't wait to see pan in Sculpture!

Awwww, thank you @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜Š I feel extra motivated to hit pan on Sculpture. Iโ€™m like โ€œcโ€™mon Fi, more Sculpture. Use it more!โ€ Hahaha! 

@itsfi -- This is a great way to present your last Q of the year!

I'm floored by how much you've gotten done. Surely that Candy Apple lotion will be done in time. Nice stuff, that. Good luck on that last Biba shade-- no matter what happens, you've killed it with that palette. It's giving me ideas for next year's Pan It!

Thank you @heavyhedon! I think Winter Candy Apple may be my favorite scent from BB&W, so it shouldn't be too hard to reach for it this month. Awww, thank you for the kind words - this is year 2 with the Biba palette so seeing pan in more shadows is nice; it feels good to be working through things. 

You know I love seeing your Biba updates, @itsfi. I hoped ND would release a mini version of this by now but no such luck ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Awww, thank you @ElleElleG! Working on this palette as part of project pan the last couple of years has really put into perspective how long it takes to go through a palette. 

I hear ya about a mini Biba. Maybe she'll release it at another time - she just recently put out a mini Metropolis palette. There is a 3-pan Biba in the Sephora Favorites Bestselling Beauty Must-Haves Set . 

@itsfi part of me wishes I started panning eyeshadows before I bought so many because now I know Iโ€™ll never finish as many as I should.

Saw the 3-pan but meh I want more ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… (completely at odds with the above but what can I say ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ)

@ElleElleG, completely understand your thought process about the 3-pan. That didnโ€™t stop me from picking it up though. ๐Ÿ˜† 

October's first ๐ŸFall For Lipstick!๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ & Pan It! 2021 update--

I have made my goal of four uses each on two of the first four lippies:  Avon Ultra color Rich lipstick in Purple Hazed (shimmery, slightly iridescent pinkish-lavender), and Benefit They're Real! Double the Lip in Lusty Rose (liner and lipstick in one tube, soft red rose). Still working on the liquid navy lippy and the NYX taupe. 

Rolling in two new lippies, then: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Merlot, and DOMINIQUE COSMETICS Liquid Lipstick in Cozy. from the Sweater Weather collection, which I utterly recommend-- the palette is gorgeous pigmented mattes and the lippies are lovely and comfy. Burt's Bees lip shimmers are pigmented but still sheer-ish-- a nice moisturizing dash of color, & very minty. 

Bad swatch of CozyBad swatch of Cozymerlot1 003.JPG

For my regular year-long project, I have (drumroll please) hit PAN on a Too Faced eyeshadow! In September I decided to focus on hitting pan in one shade at a time in my beloved White Chocolate Chip mini palette, chose Cookie Dough as the shade, and have made that goal. I've used it as a general blending shade and also sometimes to set my brow pencil.

The pan shining out!The pan shining out!Going to make pan on this soon, I hope.Going to make pan on this soon, I hope.

I will now move on to hitting pan Ambrosia (with a green heart in pic). All the rest of my pans are progressing slowly. Hoping to update with two more lippies added in and some more pan in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks for reading!

Great job on the pan in that palette, @heavyhedon!! 

Thanks @haleyvvvv -- more to come.

@heavyhedon Wow you hit pan fast!! Great job!! Can't wait to see pan in the next one.

@Samtian -- thanks, it did feel sudden-- slogging through and then bam, pan when I least expected it.

Perfect lip shades for fall @heavyhedon ! I havenโ€™t consistently worn any lipstick since 2019, think itโ€™s time for a declutter.

Congratulations for hitting pan on your palette ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ such an amazing feeling!!!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg