cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@ElleElleG That ABH x Mario is very pretty.  I can't believe I ever missed it.

@greeneyedgirl107 Iโ€™ll never understand why companies let go of things customers really like

Wow @ElleElleG @Great panning ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ‘

Thanks @blackkitty2014 ๐Ÿ˜˜

Aw, you worked that Mario palette; great panning, @ElleElleG , and it gives me hope my own ABH palettes will last a good long time.

You're kicking it, extra updates or no. It's so satisfying to be able to let a treasured object go knowing you enjoyed it so very well. Kudos.

Thank you @heavyhedon ๐Ÿ’›! ABH packs a ton of shadow in their pans so youโ€™ll definitely get good use out of them.

Also I agree about letting go of something that was enjoyed. While Iโ€™ll definitely miss it it helped me learn what I like

@ElleElleG!!! Itโ€™s always so good to hear from you and see and read about your amazing and inspiring progress!! ๐Ÿค— ABH x Mario palette was such a beautiful collab and so well loved by you! โ™ฅ๏ธ The May + October photos of ABH Modern Renaissance - wow!! It really shows how much use you put that palette to - very impressive. ๐Ÿคฉ 

I hope you and your loved ones are well, elleelleg. Thereโ€™s a whole lot going on for everyone and real life has its own shares of ever changing needs and demands on our time and attention. Know that it is always so great to see and hear from you whenever you are able to log on to BIC! 

Aww thanks @itsfi !! The last year has been A LOT which is the worldโ€™s biggest understatement. Trying to drag myself back to engaging with the things I love, which includes being more active here. 

@ElleElleG, โ€œA LOTโ€ sums up 2021 and understates everything about it at the same time!! Itโ€™s okay to be gentle with ourselves as we re-engage. Hereโ€™s to a better 2022 and to finding joy in the things we do. 

A000BE98-D749-4191-B4AD-CE06EC9B7464.jpeg

DC418E9B-7366-48C7-9DF3-B180386C0970.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Hello panners!

I took the photo the last day of September. I had the most progress on my Jouer concealer (hit 10 uses), wander beauty glow mist and ilia powder. Was a little unmotivated on some of the others, though still used them. My goal is to use the hourglass blush more in October as well as try to make good progress on the ilia powder. I also want to be done with the Wander beauty glow mist. After using this more I really donโ€™t like it with makeup as setting and adding glow/moisture. Also the sprayer is now acting up so Iโ€™ll be happy to have it finished. Nudestix foundation is a little dark for me now so Iโ€™m having to mix it to use it which is going slower.

Making small strides in the corrector, abh powder, contour wand and blush.

(I included a pic of my elf putty primer which I hit pan on this month!)

Jouer Cosmetics Essential High Coverage Liquid Concealer 

Bobbi Brown Under Eye Corrector 

ILIA Soft Focus Finishing Powder Fade Into You 

NUDESTIX Tinted Cover Skin Tint Foundation 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Ombre Effect Long Wearing Brow Powder Duo 

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Contour Wand 

Amazing progress, @BluePaisley!! Nice pans!! 

@BluePaisley, cheering on your steady progress! I recognize the dent in the BB Corrector, I have one, too (it's one of my holy grail products in liquid and cream formulas).

@TraceyEB @Thank you!

Ooh, @BluePaisley -- look at all that pan! 

I hate when the sprayer goes bad, that's so annoying. I'm sure you'll finish it and have it out of your life soon!

@heavyhedon thank you! Yes sprayers going bad is the worst! Especially on a $28 spray like this one I expect better. 

@BluePaisley, you are owning this project pan! ๐Ÿคฉ Look at all this awesome progress! 

@BluePaisley Woo great job!!

Quarterly Update 

IMG_20211003_020615.jpg

Last update for comparison. Although technically not last quarter but early August, so about 2 months difference.

Spoiler
IMG_20210808_202706.jpg

Thinking about how i want to finish out the year in relation to my goals. 

I stopped taking pictures of my foundations because the bottles weren't conducive, but I've made considerable progress in both the Peter Thomas Roth Max Mineral Naked Lotion 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid Euphoric RG20. These will be finished by the end of the year as I hoped. 

My goal was to finish the Laritzy Dew Pot, and over the year I have made SO much progress. I think if I continue to use this apx 4-5x a week, I will easily finish this off. I wanted to hit pan in the Lise Watier Havana Bronzing Powder Havana mini and I did last update. This pan keeps growing and my goal is to have this maybe mostly done by the end of year, but I am happy with this progress. I use it nearly everytime I do my face, occasionally using the Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Soleil (๐Ÿ™ TeamBIC gratis) instead. My gosh, bronzers take forever to get through. My goal was to hit pan on the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 07 Drama Cla$$ and I think that's definitely doable. I've just been distracted by other beautiful Cream blushes (seriously there are SO many amazing crram blushes). I think I need to move from 1-2x a week up to 3-4. I think this is achievable especially if I stop pulling summer oranges out (I'm just not ready to give them up!). 

I've made so much progress on the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Shadow Intense Moonlight mini! Panning this by the end of the year feels very doable, depending on how much is in the tube that doesn't rotate up. The Stila Shade Mystere is going to be difficult to finish off I think. I took the stopper off and there was so much on the sides I pushed down. Just gotta keep reaching for this. I really like it as an inner corner highlights, so my goal is 2-3x a week. 

Ooof these lippies. The Vasanti gloss is almost done, yay(!), but I need to take off the stopper so I can get access to the rest. This definitely seems panable by the end of the year. I truly haven't used the rest really since the last update. My goal is to use the reds 2x a week and the pinks at least 1x. The beige color as liner or something most other days. We'll see. I just have SO many lippies I like better. But the red Buxom shade is turning so definitely needs to go at the end of the year. 

Quarterly updates are definitely better for showing progress for me. I definitely feel less discouraged, but oof, looking at how little I've used some of these lippies...

@haleyvvvv, it's true bronzers and cream products take forever to pan - great progress!

Thank you, @TraceyEB!! 

@haleyvvvv -- I can't believe how little of that Dew Pot is left. You're killin' it! Great update.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg