cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@heavyhedon good work!!!

Thanks @Samtian -- A very limited pan seems to be my best way to pan.

5 by fall: final update ๐Ÿ

5 by fall - 9.21.2021.jpg

Happy fall, panners! ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚ Here's where things came out with @heavyhedon's fun seasonal sub-challenge! 

Ellis Brooklyn BEE Eau de Parfum - DONE! Woohoo! I think the line at the bottom of this rollerball smeared but I was able to work through this perfume - yes! Once I figured out that this fragrance works best on my skin when I'm not wearing any competing scents, it was one I reached for every day and sometimes multiple times throughout the day. 

I liked the softening and moisturizing properties from I'm From Rice Toner. The high concentration of rice extract in the product added some brightness to my complexion with continued use. The glass bottle is very nice too though I was extra careful when handling it. This is a product I would happily use again, but I feel like I have a slight preference for the Laneige Skin Cream products, which are similar and come in both a toner/moisturizer and mist form. I wasn't quite able to finish the I'm From Rice Toner before fall but I will finish up the bottle before the end of this month. Yaaaay!

I made steady, consistent progress on the other products and plan to continue reaching for and working through them. I happened upon a good pairing of the Illume Eternal Nomad Thai Lily Body Butter with one of my body mists and can see myself reaching more for that combination moving forward.

The Missha Misa Cho Bo Yang BB Cream No. 23 isn't a perfect match for my skin tone but mixing it with my moisturizer helps with the color and it gives me an extra layer of moisturizer after my spf.

There is a lot of product in this Guerlain KissKiss Roselip Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Me Up. It adds a nice hint of color on my lips while keeping my lips soft and lightly moisturized. I like that I can build up the color a little with a few more layers. This one will continue to be one of the lip balms I keep in my purse. 

Great progress, @itsfi!! That toner sounds wonderful!! Congrats on finishing the perfume!! 

Thank you @haleyvvvv! ๐Ÿ˜€ I don't go through as many candles during the summer months, so perfumes offer me the aromatherapy I might otherwise get from candles. 

@itsfi Woo good job!

Thank you @Samtian! I like chipping away at my current stash. Nice to see things whittling down โ€ฆ and making space for um, more things?! Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi -- thanks for the stellar update, wow, I can't remember the last time i finished any form of perfume/cologne/body mist, but it had to be at least 30 years ago. That's mammoth!

It's so cool reading the details of your pan here, and gives me ideas for some of my own stuff moving forward. 

@heavyhedon, fragrance has really been a source of comfort and calm for me these last 18 months. I don't burn candles as frequently in the summer so perfumes and body lotions fill that space during the warmer seasons. I sometimes like to add one spritz in the air in my car for my commute, my own little bit of aromatherapy on the drive home. ๐Ÿคฃ                                                                                                                                               

Five by Fall update!

Well, this whole rolling thing rolls along, just a few more days till Fall! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

Used the Ciate Lip Lustre 5 times; same with (finally) the L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in Violet; it's on it's last legs too.

About the purple liner (Lancome), I had to melt it to use it the 3rd and 4th times, no matter how down far I sharpened; it's just crumbling off my face as I use it-- unacceptable. So, 4 times used and now it's been tossed.

I have thus used all the original items and have only a Bite Multi-stick in Gelato and Benefit Dandelion Dew liquid face color to use a couple more times. Seems silly to roll a bunch more products in knowing I can't make 5 uses by the end, but I'm rolling in 2 more anyway, 2 nearly used up minis I got through Ipsy:

Ciate Lip Oil In Mango Lime Burst, and Uoma Drama Bomb mascara. If i use them both 2,3 times more, they'll be gone, I think, and that will make 5 lippies rolled into in this pan. 

Not much left!Not much left!pan fall 4 006.JPG

Thanks for reading!

@heavyhedon Great job!!

@Samtian -- aw, thanks! I'm happy to have used so many items even a few times.

@heavyhedon, wow! Excellent work on the Ciate gloss and Uoma mascara! Is the Uoma mascara one you would repurchase?

@itsfi 

I think so, yes, it ticks all the boxes. I had a mini, and I'd likely purchase 2 minis over one full just because I liked the way this one worked. Some wands work poorly in a mini compared to full, but not Drama Bomb. Also it's very black and with almost a little glossy quality to it, which I like. 

Ahhh, good info @heavyhedon. Thank you! I prefer mini's when it to mascara so it's great to know that the wand on the mini Uoma mascara works well.

Nice job, @heavyhedon!! 

Another  Five by Fall! Update:

Easily used the Avon Fruity Lip Juice in Pineapple 5 times; just used it every day starting Monday, keeping it with me all day too. This usage-based pan makes for many posts, but it's also got me wearing products I might not have touched for months. 

So, out with the Pineapple Gloss, and in with Ciate Lip Lustre in Kiss Me:

Not a shade I wear much in Fall.Not a shade I wear much in Fall.

Five by Fall update!

Have made my goals on three more of the five (rolling) items, so ready to roll in three more. I've used Pixi Endless Silky Eye pen in Overcoat, Becca Lightchaser Highlighter in Amethyst Flashes Goede, and my SEPHORA COLLECTION Sephora Colorfulยฎ Lip Gloss Balm in some peachy shade 5 times or more each. Still working on the Violet mascara from L'oreal Voluminous and the Lancome eyeliner mini in Violet/Purple, but now moving in:

Bite Multistick in Gelato

Benefit Dandelion Dew

Avon Fruity Lip Juice in Pineapple

Two cheeky things & a glossTwo cheeky things & a glossMy informal way of keeping trackMy informal way of keeping track

Maybe I can knock a couple more of these off my list soon!

@heavyhedon, having usage goals is a good idea! It definitely helps with rotating products. 

Congrats on hitting those usage goals already, @heavyhedon!! Great job!!

Oh those bite multisticks ๐Ÿ˜ž rip old bite products. 

@haleyvvvv -- I know right? I wanted about ten of them, but only got a chance for a couple of minis and one full before they were gone. TY!

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg
  • Lotions 6.jpg