cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge πŸ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes πŸ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge πŸ†

@itsfi Woo good job!

Thank you @Samtian! I like chipping away at my current stash. Nice to see things whittling down … and making space for um, more things?! Hahaha! 😝 

@itsfi -- thanks for the stellar update, wow, I can't remember the last time i finished any form of perfume/cologne/body mist, but it had to be at least 30 years ago. That's mammoth!

It's so cool reading the details of your pan here, and gives me ideas for some of my own stuff moving forward. 

@heavyhedon, fragrance has really been a source of comfort and calm for me these last 18 months. I don't burn candles as frequently in the summer so perfumes and body lotions fill that space during the warmer seasons. I sometimes like to add one spritz in the air in my car for my commute, my own little bit of aromatherapy on the drive home. πŸ€£                                                                                                                                               

Five by Fall update!

Well, this whole rolling thing rolls along, just a few more days till Fall! πŸπŸ‚πŸ

Used the Ciate Lip Lustre 5 times; same with (finally) the L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in Violet; it's on it's last legs too.

About the purple liner (Lancome), I had to melt it to use it the 3rd and 4th times, no matter how down far I sharpened; it's just crumbling off my face as I use it-- unacceptable. So, 4 times used and now it's been tossed.

I have thus used all the original items and have only a Bite Multi-stick in Gelato and Benefit Dandelion Dew liquid face color to use a couple more times. Seems silly to roll a bunch more products in knowing I can't make 5 uses by the end, but I'm rolling in 2 more anyway, 2 nearly used up minis I got through Ipsy:

Ciate Lip Oil In Mango Lime Burst, and Uoma Drama Bomb mascara. If i use them both 2,3 times more, they'll be gone, I think, and that will make 5 lippies rolled into in this pan. 

Not much left!Not much left!pan fall 4 006.JPG

Thanks for reading!

@heavyhedon Great job!!

@Samtian -- aw, thanks! I'm happy to have used so many items even a few times.

@heavyhedon, wow! Excellent work on the Ciate gloss and Uoma mascara! Is the Uoma mascara one you would repurchase?

@itsfi 

I think so, yes, it ticks all the boxes. I had a mini, and I'd likely purchase 2 minis over one full just because I liked the way this one worked. Some wands work poorly in a mini compared to full, but not Drama Bomb. Also it's very black and with almost a little glossy quality to it, which I like. 

Ahhh, good info @heavyhedon. Thank you! I prefer mini's when it to mascara so it's great to know that the wand on the mini Uoma mascara works well.

Nice job, @heavyhedon!! 

Another  Five by Fall! Update:

Easily used the Avon Fruity Lip Juice in Pineapple 5 times; just used it every day starting Monday, keeping it with me all day too. This usage-based pan makes for many posts, but it's also got me wearing products I might not have touched for months. 

So, out with the Pineapple Gloss, and in with Ciate Lip Lustre in Kiss Me:

Not a shade I wear much in Fall.Not a shade I wear much in Fall.

Five by Fall update!

Have made my goals on three more of the five (rolling) items, so ready to roll in three more. I've used Pixi Endless Silky Eye pen in Overcoat, Becca Lightchaser Highlighter in Amethyst Flashes Goede, and my SEPHORA COLLECTION Colorful Lip Gloss Balm in some peachy shade 5 times or more each. Still working on the Violet mascara from L'oreal Voluminous and the Lancome eyeliner mini in Violet/Purple, but now moving in:

Bite Multistick in Gelato

Benefit Dandelion Dew

Avon Fruity Lip Juice in Pineapple

Two cheeky things & a glossTwo cheeky things & a glossMy informal way of keeping trackMy informal way of keeping track

Maybe I can knock a couple more of these off my list soon!

@heavyhedon, having usage goals is a good idea! It definitely helps with rotating products. 

Congrats on hitting those usage goals already, @heavyhedon!! Great job!!

Oh those bite multisticks 😞 rip old bite products. 

@haleyvvvv -- I know right? I wanted about ten of them, but only got a chance for a couple of minis and one full before they were gone. TY!

August was about moving the needle forward on my project pan items.

8.31.2021 Pan - All Items.jpg

At my current rate of use, I should be able to finish The Ordinary Hair Density Serum and the Strivectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream Plus sometime in September. Continuing to chip away at a couple of shadows in the Natasha Denona Biba Eye Shadow Palette. Same with the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Paaarty), which seems to be bottomless. πŸ˜†

Awesome progress @itsfi -- now you've gone through most of a bottle, do you feel the hair serum does anything much?

Thank you @heavyhedon! πŸ˜€ I’m not sure this hair serum will be a repurchase; I’m leaning towards no. In the beginning, I think I noticed some fullness, but looking back, I wonder if it might also have been my shampoo and conditioner. Since I only have a little left, I haven’t been using it as often, and interestingly, I don’t notice a difference on the days I’m not using it.

I plan on stretching out the last bit of serum through the end of the month which means more days in between use.  I’ll keep a close eye on whether there’s any noticeable difference and also whether any fullness may be more attributable to my other hair care products. I’ll keep you posted with what I learn. 

@itsfi -- thank you! It's partly for me, since i have a full bottle I need to use; but also for my older sister, who really suffers from anxiety over her thinning hair. If it did work halfway even, she'd be happy to know. 

@heavyhedon, I'll be interested in hearing your experience with the serum. I'm not sure I'll repurchase it. I was looking at a few other products online - there's a similar product from Sephora and from Vegamour that looked interesting. As did KΓ©rastase Initialiste Advanced Scalp & Hair Serum 2.2 oz/ 60 mL; I may pick up one of those during the next sale.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos228
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg