cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

August was about moving the needle forward on my project pan items.

8.31.2021 Pan - All Items.jpg

At my current rate of use, I should be able to finish The Ordinary Hair Density Serum and the Strivectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream Plus sometime in September. Continuing to chip away at a couple of shadows in the Natasha Denona Biba Eye Shadow Palette. Same with the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Paaarty), which seems to be bottomless. ๐Ÿ˜†

Awesome progress @itsfi -- now you've gone through most of a bottle, do you feel the hair serum does anything much?

Thank you @heavyhedon! ๐Ÿ˜€ Iโ€™m not sure this hair serum will be a repurchase; Iโ€™m leaning towards no. In the beginning, I think I noticed some fullness, but looking back, I wonder if it might also have been my shampoo and conditioner. Since I only have a little left, I havenโ€™t been using it as often, and interestingly, I donโ€™t notice a difference on the days Iโ€™m not using it.

I plan on stretching out the last bit of serum through the end of the month which means more days in between use.  Iโ€™ll keep a close eye on whether thereโ€™s any noticeable difference and also whether any fullness may be more attributable to my other hair care products. Iโ€™ll keep you posted with what I learn. 

@itsfi -- thank you! It's partly for me, since i have a full bottle I need to use; but also for my older sister, who really suffers from anxiety over her thinning hair. If it did work halfway even, she'd be happy to know. 

@heavyhedon, I'll be interested in hearing your experience with the serum. I'm not sure I'll repurchase it. I was looking at a few other products online - there's a similar product from Sephora and from Vegamour that looked interesting. As did Kรฉrastase Initialiste Strengthening & Volumizing Advanced Scalp & Hair Serum 2.2 oz/ 60 mL; I may pick up one of those during the next sale.

@itsfi I always get so excited to see your progress!!

Thank you @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Much better progress all around this year! 

Fabulous progress, @itsfi!! Congrats!!

Thank you @haleyvvvv! It's been nice to get through products that I have a harder time working my way through. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Blushes are so hard to pan. I feel that way with my hourglass blush that itโ€™s bottomless. Donโ€™t think Iโ€™ll hit pan but at least I know Iโ€™m using it and getting my moneyโ€™s worth and same goes for your blush!

So true @BluePaisley! I don't use blush often or hadn't for some time before deciding to include a blush in my project pan. It's been helpful to get me into using blush on a more regular basis. Definitely like it when I put what I have to use.

The Hourglass blushes are so pretty - in the pan and applied to cheeks. It'll be great to see the progress you make. 

@itsfi   And it looks like you could completely use up the bottom right shade on your pallette! Great work!

@BluePaisley, ND Tusk is a nice base shade. I sometimes also just pair it with mascara or liner. Itโ€™ll be the first shadow from this palette that I fully pan. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi You chose such beautiful colors to work with. I heard both ND and Tarte pans seem bottomless. But you got this ๐Ÿ˜‰

@mishanyc, thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ All the colors in the palette are really nice. I like that thereโ€™s a combination of warm and cool neutrals; makes it convenient to pick another shade to warm up or cool down any of shadows. 

The Tarte blush was in my project pan last year and did not see much use at all so to still have it in my project pan at this point in time is a huge improvement. Lol. But it seriously feels like thereโ€™s no end to this blush. ๐Ÿ˜† Good from a โ€œbang for your buckโ€ perspective though.  

Here is my update for August. Iโ€™ve had great progress and met two more goals. My ilia powder is over half way done and Bobby brown corrector is panned!! It took me from the beginning of feb to pan the corrector and it was almost full but not new. I decided to still keeping these in my project to work on them. I have also gotten a bigger pan in my brow powder and continuing to work at this.

Im starting to see progress on my hourglass blush it seems the pan is flattening some, but donโ€™t think Iโ€™m even close to panning this.

I added my Jouer concealer to this project to replace my Dior concealer. My goal is to use this 10x per month and 40x by the end of the year. Also adding in Wander beauty glow mist with the goal to use this up by the end of the year.

also still working to use up the Charlotte tilbury wand and nudestix foundation.

E9EA04B4-4308-4FB1-B0C6-09A60B226E2B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Woohoo on that corrector, and your all around great work @BluePaisley !

Thank you! I was so excited to finally hit pan on it! It took way longer than I thought it would.

@BluePaisley Fabulous!!

Great progress, @BluePaisley!! Blushes take SO long to use up!!

@BluePaisley I love Hourglass blushes. That took a lot of work to make progress. Great job panning ๐Ÿค—

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg