cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Technically Fall starts Sept 22, so you've got time, @itsfi!! What a great selection of products!! 

Awww, thanks for the encouragement @haleyvvvv! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Some products just take me forever to work my way through. Just gotta keep chipping away at it.

Love the bee perfume description! Great job

With your products! Keep it up!

Thank you @BluePaisley! I've been reaching for the Ellis Brooklyn BEE fragrance a lot, now that I've figured how to best wear it - it's a good summer-to-fall scent. ๐Ÿ

@itsfi -- getting more use, that's a win in my book. Good update!

Absolutely @heavyhedon! Itโ€™s always a great feeling to work through products. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

My End of July update:

Met my goal on my Dior concealer of getting halfway through this! Iโ€™m so happy and will rotate some other concealers and this is now out of my project.

ilia powder- made good progress and getting close to half way.

abh duo powder- continuing making good progress and want to keep working on this pan!

Nudestix foundation - made some progress and new marking 

Bobby brown corrector- still havenโ€™t hit pan. This is deeper than expected but still using this almost daily to try and hit pan! (Well see if I can hit pan in Aug!)

hourglass blush- this is a tough one!

CT contour wand- not any further on this one for a new marking 

1CD8966B-84BE-464D-A3B4-A2386CCD4B39.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Awesome progress @BluePaisley

Congrats on the progress, @BluePaisley!! 

@haleyvvvv thank you!

Great work @BluePaisley! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ This is awesome progress! Congrats on meeting your goal with the Dior concealer and look at that Ilia powder - you are really making your way through it! Must feel so good! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks! The Dior concealer and ilia powder are so easy to reach for bc I love the products. I would definitely repurchase the concealer when itโ€™s done.

@BluePaisley Great work!!

Thank you!

Project pan for being back in the office - took a mini Laneige in. It's so smooth

20210816_091434.jpg

Love those Laneige lip masks, @ShortErica 

Hahaha - I bought one of the holiday sets and have had these for so long! I like them too @heavyhedon but I also want to try some others. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oooh nice, @ShortErica!! 

Thanks @haleyvvvv - hope you are doing well!

July was a pretty good month for panning. Here's where we ended up:

7.31.2021 Pan - ALL.jpg

We said 'good bye' to the Julep Oxygen Nail Treatment at the end of June and I decided to bid adieu as well to the Ciate Dewy Blush Glossy Cheek Tint - I just can't seem to incorporate it into my routine. It's going to a good home. 

Now, for an update on the other products:

7.31.2021 Pan - SC Eye Cream.jpg

Yes, panning pals, we are DONE with the Sephora Brightening Eye Cream! ๐Ÿ™Œ Woohoo! 

7.31.2021 Pan - Misc.jpg

Progress continues on the Strivectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream, The Ordinary Hair Density Serum and the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Paarty). By the looks of it, if I keep up with my current use schedule, I should be able to finish the neck cream and hair serum by the end of September. As for the Tarte blush, I'm just happy it's getting consistent use and am just focusing on continuing with that. ๐Ÿ˜Š

7.31.2021 Pan - ND Biba.jpg

The big surprise this month comes from the Natasha Denoa Biba Eye Shadow Palette. The pairing of Sculpture and Rustic has been a good one for me - the combo is not too cool, not too warm. I spent this month just trying to wear it 3 - 4 days per week and was surprised and happy when I hit pan on Rustic near the end of the month. ๐Ÿ˜ Yes!!! The goal for the rest of the year is to try to pan one more shadow, and it'll probably be either Sculpture or Tar. Fingers crossed. ๐Ÿคž

Congrats on the progress, @itsfi!! That Biba palette progress is always so inspiring!! 

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg
  • Lotions 6.jpg