cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Thank you @haleyvvvv! Iโ€™m slowly figuring out ways to work through the shadows in this ND and being able to use other palettes and shadows I have so as to not be bored, but also without having a slew of palettes where only one shadow is used on a few occasions. Letโ€™s see though if I can keep it up. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi  Great job on panning the ND palette!! What are your thoughts on TO hair serum? Iโ€™ve been using it. Not super consistent lately. I donโ€™t know my thoughts still ๐Ÿคช

Thank you @ather! I like the TO hair serum. In the beginning I wasnโ€™t great about being consistent with it and itโ€™s one of those products (like so many) where it helps to be consistent. I use it a minimum of once per week now, probably closer to 2-3 times per week. To me, it does seem to make my hair look a little more full.

I want to say it has helped with my scalp being less dry on the right side of my forehead but at the same time, Iโ€™m wondering if that may be a combination of the serum and my not sitting under an HVAC vent all week. I will probably be better able to test that out this winter. 

Iโ€™m coming near the end of the bottle and debating whether to repurchase or to try the new SEPHORA COLLECTION Strengthening Hair Serum with Biotin and Phytoprotiens 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

@itsfi  Ooooo I never seen this one before. If you get to it before me Iโ€™m curious to hear your comparison!!! 

I was using TO one every night but lately itโ€™s more like when I remember. I might move the bottle back to my bathroom so I do it with my skincare. I have a few spots I needed to fill in. Hard to say if itโ€™s working. I did notice more baby hair so hard to say. 

Will do @ather. I probably wonโ€™t pick it up until the fall/winter sale. My plan is to see if my hair shows a visible difference when Iโ€™m no longer using TO serum. If it does then I will pick up this SC one and see if that brings back whatever that difference is. 

I agree; it is hard to say. I donโ€™t think I see a noticeable change in the overall structure of my hair, but when I just concentrate its usage on certain parts, I feel like I see more fullness there. 

@itsfi  I think I agree. Not 100% sold. 

Yay! good job on the eye cream and new pan!!

Thank you @BluePaisley. Finishing the eye cream spurred me to reach for and finish up a couple of sample jars of eye cream that have been partially used and have a handful of uses before being finished. Putting an eye cream on my project pan really made clear that of all the skincare products I have, itโ€™s the one that I consistently seem to have the most difficult time finishing. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi Wooo yes!!! Bye bye eye cream!!!! I love seeing your Biba progress!

Thank you @Samtian๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting pan on the rustic shadow was the boost I needed to stay motivated with ND Biba.

@itsfi Wow, you're going gonzo on the Biba! Kudos on the eye cream, too. You are knocking this challenge down!

Thank you @heavyhedon๐Ÿ˜€ July was a good month for my panning projects.

You never fail to impress me with the Biba palette @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Yoo-hoo ๐Ÿ‘

Thank you @blackkitty2014! ๐Ÿ˜˜ Part of the motivation to pan another shadow in this palette is so I can feel better about opening and using some other palettes I may have already picked up. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi -- I hear you. Did the same last week. ๐Ÿ˜‹

How does that happen @heavyhedon?!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Belated updates. I was getting a little discouraged posting monthly, so I'm going to do quarterly. Unfortunately with moving I haven't been using as much; and I meant to post at the end of June, but again, a move. Does anyone else feel as if they miss their update they shouldn't use their product until they update-cause that's a thing my brain does. 

Last update:

Spoiler
IMG_20210418_084801.jpg

Today's update

IMG_20210808_202706.jpg

I decluttered the Becca foundatiom, and the other two were too hard to see how much has been used. But I'm getting close on the PTR Tinted sunscreen. 

I finally hit pan on my bronzer! And I think I'm close on the Fenty Blush but there's so many cream blushes! And I've made a good dent on the highlighter! 

A little bit of progress on the eye shades. The mini caviar stick definitely feels doable by the end of the year. 

I feel like I'll also finish the Vasanti and Smashbox products by the end of the year. And maybe the glossy pink Buxom product, but those lip crayons are daunting. I think I'm going to work on them through the year and definitely declutter the red and maybe pink ones. 

@haleyvvvv  Great progress!!

Thank you, @ather!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@haleyvvvv Whooo I love that progress!! 

Thank you, @Samtian!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg