cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@haleyvvvv 

Great job, it's no mean feat to make a dent in such an intense blush shade!

Thank you, @heavyhedon!! ๐Ÿ˜Š Actually it pulls really pink on me, I'd rather it be a little more purple ๐Ÿ’œ 

Great job @haleyvvvv . Wow you did great ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅฐ๐ŸŒน I need to see how I did. Maybe 2 mini lippiesโ€ฆ

Thank you, @blackkitty2014!! ๐Ÿ˜Š  2 mini lippies is a lot, nice!!

@haleyvvvv, I see pan! I see pan! ๐Ÿ˜ Yessss!!! Nice work - you're making progress on all your pan products. ๐Ÿ˜

Thank you, @itsfi!! It was so nice to finally see pan on that bronzer!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ 5 before fall ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

My 5 before fall seasonal pan list has been finalized. So sorry for the delay @heavyhedon! I couldn't find the first product that I selected and at the end just decided to replace it with something else. Watch, it will magically appear the minute after I post this. lol.

More panning - 5 before fallMore panning - 5 before fall

I like the I'm From Rice Toner; I don't use toner often, or haven't been. When I do use it, it's more of a warm weather product for me, and it has not been consistently warm here by any means. I really do need to use this up this year so it'll work out well for 5 before fall.

I have a love-hate relationship with this Ellis Brooklyn BEE Eau de Parfum - some days it smells wonderful on me; other days, I just want to rub it off myself as soon as possible. My guess is that it may have something to do with whatever body lotion I have been using, so I plan on tracking when it's a love and when it's not during 5 before fall!

Missha Misa Cho Bo Yang BB Cream No. 23 is probably a better color match when it's been a more 'normal' summer. It's sheer enough that it'll work well to give me the color that I don't otherwise have.

Illume Eternal Nomad Thai Lily Body Butter has been in my supply of bath-and-body products for longer than I can remember. I don't even know if they make this scent anymore. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ It's time to open it and use it up.

Guerlain KissKiss Roselip Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Me Up is another beauty that I've had in my stash for some time. It photographs much darker and bolder than what it actually looks like in the tube and how it wears in real life. I like the balm formula and the color is buildable to a slightly-warm leaning pink. I've been reaching or this every so often -  it's time to ramp it up and work through it. 

Thanks so much for this fab idea, heavyhedon. ๐Ÿ‘ I'm looking forward to taking part in this sub-unit of the panning project. ๐Ÿ˜ I'll aim to post a status check on these goodies on August 22, one month before the official start of fall. ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

@itsfi  Such a great plan!!! 

Thank you @ather! I like that thereโ€™s a range of products - skincare, bath and body, makeup, fragrance. In hindsight, a hair care product would have better rounded it out but I do have the hair serum in my regular project pan. 

Great idea! Iโ€™d love to hear updates on what you find with the Bee perfume. Thatโ€™s on my wishlist!

Will do @BluePaisley! I've figured out that a couple of shower gels were not mixing well with the Bee perfume and have been making sure not to use them together. That's made for a more enjoyable experience with the Bee perfume. I'll keep you posted.

Oh, fun stuff @itsfi -- that toner looks amazing. I'm sure your missing item will appear magically very soon. Love seeing all of these summery things brought out-- it has definitely not been a typical summer here either, or I'd have probably chosen a bunch of bronzy cosmetics to go with my tan.  

@heavyhedon, I'm so glad you shared this idea. It'll help motivate me to work reach for these beauties. The I'm From Rice Toner is really nice. I happy to be using it more. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Quarterly update. These are taking forever, I'm starting to get angry at them lol. I might just switch it to one so I go through it faster. 

July Pan It.jpg

@Samtian, this is GREAT progress!!! ๐Ÿ˜ 

If I'm remembering right, you have a handful of mists you are working your way through for this year's project pan. Since youโ€™re working your way through more than just these two fragrances, it makes senses that progress will not be as fast as if these were the only products you were focusing on. You're doing a fabulous job! ๐Ÿ‘Š

@itsfi Haha no sadly it is just those two, plus mini perfume samplers. But thank you!

@Samtian -- I can't even imagine getting that far with a similar product, you're doing well!

@heavyhedon Thank you! Haha I did decide to cut it down with one so hopefully I'll finish at least one by the end of this year.

Five by Fall!

Fall 2021 starts on Wednesday, September 22, 2021 and I'm definitely looking forward to cooler weather and less lawn mowing. Starting today I'll be adding a seasonal 5 product side project to my other line-up.

This will be a rolling pan based on usage (5 before Fall) so anytime I hit the 5 uses on an item, I'll post an update then add in a new item. There's nothing I need to use up that isn't already being panned, but I like seasonal pans that help me rotate through my collection, and a few of my fave Beautubers do something like this every year. Feel free to join (calling @itsfi !) and to change the uses however you need to make this work for you & be fun. 

Note: As I was picking through my stash to find products that I consider summery but underused lately, a color theme developed, so I went with it!

All the goodies!All the goodies!

First 5:   Avon Glazewear Summer Sheers lipgloss in Sheer Royalty 

Discontinued, but lovedDiscontinued, but loved

L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in Deep Violet

sorry for the blursorry for the blur

Lancome Drama Liqui-pencil mini in  Ampoule & Pixi by Petra Endless Silky Eye Pen in Opal Overcoat

starting pointstarting pointfive by fall 1 007.JPG

And Becca LightChaser Highlighter in Amethyst Flashes Geode. There's no way a pic can show how pretty this is!

five by fall 1 008.JPG

See you in 5!

Tags:

Oh this is great idea @heavyhedon ! I will join you ๐Ÿ˜˜

@blackkitty2014 -- Excellent!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg