cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@blackkitty2014 Wowza! What incredible progress!

@blackkitty2014 you've done some serious work there!

@blackkitty2014 This is phenomenal! I especially like your comment about how you only bought the Chanel lippie a few weeks ago and itโ€™s almost all used up! True love๐Ÿ˜

Btw, how did you use your Tom Ford body oil? Iโ€™ve been using a highlight brush on my collarbones, but I saw some videos where ppl use a body buff brush to apply on shoulders.

Thx you @Samtian @CookieGirl1 @Guessgal ๐ŸŒน. Guessgal, where I live is super hot right now so Iโ€™m in shorts and dresses all the time. I just spray it straight to my neck, chest, arms and legs. Every summer I finish about 1.5 of these little bottles. 

@blackkitty2014 --Major update! Lovely pan on those Tom Ford items!

Thx you @heavyhedon ๐ŸŒน

@blackkitty2014, WHOA!!! Look at all of that progress ๐Ÿ˜. So proud! You're very inspiring. โค๏ธ 

Thx you @FullCoverageBB ๐ŸŒน

These are amazing, @blackkitty2014! I love how you use everything up!

Thx you @curlychiquita ๐ŸŒน

Excellent work, as always @blackkitty2014! That blush and bronzer are going to be done in no time! I'm going to pick up Chanel Blooms Chance - you've convinced me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Just have to decide whether to order it online or go into the store. Both can be dangerous. lol. 

Call the store before you go in @itsfi . As I remember, Chance, Dream and Opportunity are sold out over Nordstrom. I still see them over other retailers. The hardest shade to track down is Opportunity but itโ€™s still on Chanel site.

Thank you @blackkitty2014! I've taken your advice. ๐Ÿ˜˜ They'll be here before I originally planned to purchase them, but they would have ended up here eventually anyways. More beauties to pan. ๐Ÿ˜‚

What the heck is this crazy bug with attaching pictures ๐Ÿ˜ก

91C37BE4-696E-4774-8F8D-5BB34A9D6E63.jpeg

All the full-size are sold but I wonโ€™t repurchase since I have so many other similar items I need to work on. The only exception is TF Dorothy lipstick. I accidentally ordered 2 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ so 1 more to go

@blackkitty2014 At least it's a pretty color haha. Great work!!

@Samtian I feel so dumb ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

@blackkitty2014 hahaha there are worse things you could have gotten instead!

I have been working on a project pan since March. Really trying to focus on getting use/using up some products that are nearing expiration and May roll some into next year to continue to work on.

Products as follows:

039EE10F-0661-46E9-A547-E4F34789DEAC.jpeg

โ€ƒ

โ€ขNudestix tinted cover- goal to finish by year end. I began marking the last two months to see progress. Last mark is end of June. 

โ€ขDior concealer- goal to use half by year end. Love this one and using several times a week. Getting close to half way!

โ€ขBobby Brown corrector- goal to hit pan by year end. Started basically new and have a dip going. 

โ€ขCharlotte Tilbury contour wand- goal to use up by year end. Been using this 3+ Per weekly and making great progress! Looove this product so much!

โ€ขHourglass blush- goal to hit pan by year end. Using this 3+ times per week and hoping to hit pan by year end but no dip yet. Use this very consistently.

โ€ขIlia loose powder- goal to use half. Iโ€™m using this very consistently.

โ€ขAnastasia brow powder- started with a very small pan. Goal to make this a larger pan which I did and just to use a few times a week as this product didnโ€™t get use for a while.

Thanks everyone for your updates, love reading other project panner updates!

@BluePaisley You picked some great items to pan. That Bobby Brown corrector has its days numbered. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. 

@BluePaisley I can't wait to see the progress you make!

@BluePaisley @Iโ€™m not gonna lie. Hit pan on blusher is hard. But no worry you will get there. Iโ€™m cheering for you

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg