cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@TraceyEB Thank you so much!!

Wow @Samtian, thatโ€™s great progress! Nice work destashing product as well! 

@itsfi Thank you! I am pretty proud of myself.

Halfway through the year! Hard to believe. Which means halfway through the panning challenge. Here's what things looked like at the end of June. More detailed progress reports in the spoilers.

2021 Project Pan: End of June2021 Project Pan: End of June
tl;dr: June was a month of progress. No big news to share about hitting pan, but we're inching closer on a couple of products and saying 'goodbye' to another.
6.302021 Pan - Etc.jpg
Julep Nail Treatment:
Spoiler
Project Pan: Julep Be Strong Oxygen Nail Therapy
Goal: Use it up by end of the year
Q2 2021 Status: DECLUTTERED. I wasn't seeing any results, or the results I was hoping for and it became a chore to use it, let alone remember to use it. I've passed it on to a good home. 
The Ordinary Hair Serum
Spoiler
Project Pan: The Ordinary Hair Density Serum
Goal: Finish by year end. 
Q2 2021 StatusIt looks like I might be able to get through this one before the end of the year - woohoo! Will aim to finish by the end of September.
Sephora Collection Eye Cream:
Spoiler
Project Pan: Sephora Collection Brightening Eye Cream - Hydrate & Depuff (gratis)
Goal: Use it up.
Q2 2021 StatusI'm soooo close; I thought I might be able to finish it this month but nope; it just hangs on. Hahaha! It will happen this month. @Samtian , the end is in sight!
Strivectin Neck Cream
Spoiler
Project Pan: Strivectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
Goal: Use it consistently.
Q2 2021 StatusThe good news is that I'm using neck creams in general more consistently. The bad news is that this one sometimes gets lost in the shuffle, which is too bad because it's pretty good. I'll make it my primary neck cream this summer and see if that helps with progress. 
6.302021 Pan - Blush.jpg
Tarte blush:
Spoiler
Project Pan: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Paarty)
Goal: Hit pan by year end
Q2 2021 Status: There's been a lot of progress with this blush. That may slow down a little as I've picked up more blushes, but I plan to keep at it and reach for this one at least once or twice per week.
Ciate blush:
Spoiler
Project Pan: Ciate Dewy Blush Glossy Cheek Tint (Papaya)
Goal: Use it at least once per week. Revisit at the end of summer whether to keep it as part of my project pan.
Q2 2021 Status: I'm keeping at it. Have a few more months left and then I'll decide whether to keep with it or to move on.
6.302021 Pan - ND.jpg
Natasha Denona Eye Shadow Palette:
Spoiler
Project Pan: Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eye Shadow Palette
Goal: Hit pan on 2 more shadows, Tar or Sculpture being one of them.  I hit pan on Freckle, Shine, Monroe and Tusk last year so those don't count).
Q2 2021 Status: What's that saying? "Slow and steady wins the race"? I'm definitely on that slow and steady track; not sure though if I'm going to hit pan on two more shadows but I'll keep at it. Seed, Tar and Sculpture got more love in June; I will try to focus on those shades in the next coming months.
It's almost Friday; yay! Looking forward to the weekend! For those who have a long weekend awaiting them, have a happy, healthy and safe 4th of July! ๐ŸŽ†

@itsfi, you're making great progress!! I might have to add an eyeshadow palette or two next year!

Thank you @TraceyEB! Hitting pan on the eyeshadows has been satisfying - they're one of the more challenging products for me to pan. Definitely consider adding a palette or two to the mix next year!

@itsfi Ahh darn it!!! So close!!! 

Hahaha! I know, right @Samtian?!!! I just sighed when I saw where I ended up - "grrrr!!! Sooooo close!!!" I'm using that eye cream every day until it is done! No rotating eye creams this month. Must. focus. lol

No doubt youโ€™re the queen of palette panning @itsfi . Bravo ๐Ÿ‘ I got distracted last months with new products. I need to get back to my panning as well

@blackkitty2014, aww, thank you! ๐Ÿ˜˜ @ElleElleG really set the tone for being consistent with palettes.

There were so many great products that came out last month; easy to get distracted! That also means you have some beauties coming your way - woohoo! Exciting! ๐Ÿ˜ 

I put myself on a low(er) buy for June and held back on opening some of my May purchases to help keep me from getting too distracted. I had to keep telling myself that there's still a lot of 2021 left and there will be more goodies being released. Ha! 

@itsfi, so proud of all of your progress!! Great work on all of them! โค๏ธ

Awww, thank you so much @FullCoverageBB! โ˜บ๏ธ If you have an item youโ€™re thinking about panning, weโ€™d love to have you join us! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi, I definitely will!! I have SO MANY! 

@itsfi -- whoa, lots o progress! I am with you on the decluttered stuff; if it feels like punishment to use something, and there's no reward, pass it on, it might work for someone else or at least make them feel good using it.

Thank you @heavyhedon! ๐Ÿ˜€ It took me a while to be comfortable with passing on products that were just 'meh' for me; I felt like I was being wasteful and didn't know about giving away something that I didn't care for. But you and others here on BIC are so right - don't need to feel like we're being punished with having to continue using things that can be given to someone else who might really enjoy it. 

May was an okay-ish month for panning. Both the Ciate cream blush and the Julep nail treatment had a break from any use. I reached for Tarte Paarty about once per week, in large part because I was using another blush for most of May.  My eyeshadow routine with the ND Biba Palette was pretty simple and typically involved a wash of color using Shine or Monroe atop Tusk. Skincare and hair care, on the other hand, saw more consistent use and as a result, better progress. 

5.31.2021 Pan 1.jpg5.31.2021 Pan 2.jpg

My Project Pan Plans for June are to:

• Keep working on the Tarte and Ciate blushes and revisit whether to keep these two items in my project pan this year, to pause for a month or two, or to declutter one or both products
  • Decide whether to continue working through or declutter the Julep Oxygen Nail Treatment 
  • Incorporate the Tar and Sculpture shadows from the Natasha Denona Biba Eye Shadow Palette more frequently into my daily looks
  • Continue working through StriVectin neck cream and The Ordinary hair serum
  • Finish Sephora Collection eye cream - this looks to be the most promising.

Excited to read through (and be motivated by) everyone's panning progress! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi I was looking at the eye cream and was all oh yeah she is totally finishing that! I love seeing your ND progress!

@Samtian, I know! ๐Ÿ˜ I think dealing with my allergies helped with reaching for the eye cream. My under eye area was just so dry. I'm so happy that I'm using it up; I'm not usually good with using eye cream. Will have to decide which eye cream to replace it with when I'm done. I'm excited to make my way through this ND palette.

@itsfi I still donโ€™t know how you did it with the Biba palette. All of my eyeshadows seems bottomless ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐ŸŒน

@blackkitty2014, we can thank the pandemic and stay at home for my progress on Biba. ๐Ÿ˜ It took me 5 months of using only that palette every single day. I thought I would be bored of just using that one palette (thinking about it now does make me feel like it would get so tedious and boring), but the monotony and routine of focusing on that one was good for me - both for project pan and for having something else to focus on. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi -- oh gosh, I bought that hair serum too and forget to use it! Deeply satisfying to see all the deep pan and dips in that Biba palette. I love the two shades you'll be focusing on. 

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg
  • Lotions 6.jpg