cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@haleyvvvv thank you!!

@vee95 Wow great job!!

@Samtian Thank you so much!

Steady progress continues with the hair care and skincare items and most of the makeup products that are part of my panning project for the year. ๐Ÿ˜Š I didn't reach for the Ciate blush and the Julep nail treatment as frequently as I have in previous months. The Tarte eyeshadow palette had an accident. I'm trying to see if I can salvage a couple of the shadows, but it's not looking great. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ RIP Tarte eyeshadow palette.

4.30.2021 Etc.jpg4.30.2021 Tarte.jpg4.30.2021 ND Biba.jpg

Great job so far, a shame about the palette!

Thank you @Nicolletiti! ๐Ÿ˜Š I keep telling myself to just keep plugging away at it. I know! It was a bit of a bummer when I picked the palette off the ground. ๐Ÿ™ One shadow survived so I've kept that off to the side and reach for it occasionally. 

Great progress, @itsfi!! ๐Ÿ‘ So sorry about the Tarte eyeshadow ๐Ÿ˜ž

Thank you @haleyvvvv! ๐Ÿ˜€ Little by little. Yeah, RIP Tarte palette. ๐Ÿ˜ž It gives me more opportunities to focus on the ND Biba. 

@itsfi Awe sorry about the Tarte. Great work! Love watching those pans get bigger!

Thank you @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm happy there's progress on that ND Biba. I've been rotating in some other shadows with the ND for some variety, but maybe I'll do a month of just Biba in July. ๐Ÿค”

@itsfi Variety is good though! 

I know @Samtian! We shall see. I may set aside an eyeshadow pencil and a mini palette for when I want to break. Just focusing on the one was helpful for panning, but as you said, it is nice to have variety. 

@itsfi - aw, bad news on the Tarte palette, so sorry. You're doing fab on the ND one, I can see! That Tarte blush is getting low in the center too. 

Thank you @heavyhedon๐Ÿ˜€ I really want to hit pan on that Tarte blush; it was the most challenging product for me during last year's project pan so just seeing some progress has been both rewarding and motivating. 

Not as far along as I'd like. I was hoping to be done with these this year but at this rate I won't.  Out of my 17 categories all but 3 have at least one thing used. Those three being larger perfumes haha. 

April Pan Project.jpg

Nice progress, @Samtian!! You've got this!! 

@haleyvvvv Thank you!!!

Whoa @Samtian , that's still good progress; but that's a lot of scent to use. 

@heavyhedon Thank you! It is but after 4 months it feels like they should be more lol. 

Update: done with the Lancome Shine Lover in Eclat du Rose. Using it so often gave me time to realize I do like the creamy formula and scent, but I wouldn't buy again in this shade. Here's the progress in pics:

1. Beginning1. Beginning2. Getting there2. Getting there3. A Flat3. A Flat3 3 B. Flat3 3 B. Flat4. Clean tube, scraped it out4. Clean tube, scraped it out5. The last bit5. The last bit6. Yay, all done!6. Yay, all done!

Still working on other lippies with times/used or finishing in mind, but I'm going to roll in another one anyway.

When I first got the mini Hourglass Lip Stylo in Futurist, I was over the moon. Still like it but have since found better nudes & formulas for me, including one that's nearly identical on me from ELF.  I'd like to use it up (just getting to flat, not gonna scoop this one out) and move another duplicate shade out of my collection. Starting pic:

Posed against the convenient tile.Posed against the convenient tile.

So, to sum: Shine Lover finished & out, Hourglass Stylo mini in, to be used till flat. 

Congratulations, @heavyhedon!! Well done!!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg