cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

lol @heavyhedon! I did the same thing! The hair serum sat around unopen for at least a month if not two. Ugh. That seems to be a bad habit of mine; one I've really tried to break out of, slowly but surely. Thank you! I love cooler toned neutrals and greys have been something I've been trying to focus on and learn to mix with other shades, so it'll be fun! ๐Ÿ˜€

@itsfi Love the Strivectin TL neck cream.

@SportyGirly125, it's a nice one to have in the rotation.  A few of my former coworkers and you recommended it a year or so ago and I thought I'd give it a try. Between gifts, gratis, and my own purchases, I have a handful of neck creams I've been using off and on. I'm working through this one and a few others at this point so as to not waste anything. We shall see if I end up repurchasing any of the ones I'm using now or going with something else, but that won't be for a while. ๐Ÿ˜†

Hi everyone!! Here are some products I've been trying to use up this year, and it's taken a lot of restraint to not just throw them out instead 

I've been using my Urban Decay Stay Naked foundation almost daily and I'm maybe a week or two from using it all up. I told myself I wouldn't buy a new foundation until I finished, but I caved and got a Cle de Peau one this weekend. Oops.

The rest are pretty easy to hit pan as they're powder products and I can usually layer them, but they are Benefit Hervana, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, and Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette.

8AF95473-9F91-4C73-AE41-45734AD467CC.jpeg

7D9D12A5-9CDC-4E50-A2E2-84607B0B6B6C.jpeg

1E3C8C45-5900-4E5E-96AB-3C049442100D.jpeg

AB3B0B0B-EE42-4523-BF5B-3106607488CD.jpeg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

@AznAngelLiz Great work!!! 

@AznAngelLiz ๐Ÿ‘ bravo on using up the foundation. My foundation seems bottomless. Normally it takes me 8 months to 1.5 yrs to finish 1. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Wow @AznAngelLiz! Very impressive!! ๐Ÿ˜ You're so close with the UD foundation - and good for you for having another foundation waiting in the wings with that CdP! ๐Ÿ˜

@AznAngelLiz -- a few years ago, I was there, too-- had too many foundations and concealers & powders. I made myself go through them and I think it was nearly three years total before I bought a new foundation, powder or concealer. Long, long years๐Ÿ˜

Pretty stuff! Love that bronzer @AznAngelLiz -- you are just about out of that UD foundation. 

This is the third time trying to post this. Such a pain! 

May update 1:

Goals: to use Peek cream blush  through Spring, then retire it from project; to hit pan on Love Hangover blush by July, then retire it; to double the pan on Ulta shadow then toss; to keep using TF's White chip mini palette while it's good; to use up Kitty Pink blush; to use up Hourglass lippy in Futurist; to use Besame Lipglaze while still usable; to use up Burberry's Nude Radiance; to hit 20 uses on Avon Lipgloss in Lilac; to use every shadow once and hit pan on every blush in the Pixi Ultimate Beauty Kit; to use up a sample of UD's Sin highlighter; to use Guerlain's foundation in Clair till Spring. 

I have hit some goals! Hit pan on Love hangover, doubled pan on Ulta shadow, used every shadow in the Pixi kit. Increased pan on the lippies and the other two blushers, hit 20 uses goal too.

panning prog May 2021 009.JPGmore panmore panmore panmore panhit that pan in May!hit that pan in May!showing use!showing use!basically donebasically done

and: panning prog May 2021 008.JPGnot much left!not much left!panning prog May 2021 011.JPGpanning prog May 2021 015.JPG

So, taking out the two blushers, lippy, foundation and shadow I hit goals on. The Burberry is done as of tomorrow. Also amending the goal for UD's hgihtlighter in Sin; I'll never use it up, so I'm going for pan instead. Still working on the rest, may add a summer refresh update later this month. 

@heavyhedon Whooo great work!!!

@Samtian -- thanks, I'm motivated this month to really get some mega progress. 

Yaaay for hitting pan @heavyhedon๐Ÿ˜ That's some amazing work here! 

@itsfi -- Thanks! LOL, all my looks have been very "blushy" lately. I always have layered shades though. 

@heavyhedon, isn't that (layering shades) the best?!! Whether it's mixing lippies or layering blush!! The color and overall look you can achieve can be so pretty! ๐Ÿ˜ Have there been any "blushy" combos you've really liked?

MAY UPDATE! (Forgot to post this earlier in the month)

Officially fully finished the MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation and have made good progress on the tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Paaarty 

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 12.21.29 PM.png

Yes to finishing that MAC powder foundation @vee95! Woo hoo!! ๐Ÿ˜ You continue to inspire me with your fantastic progress with your Tarte Paarty blush! 

@itsfi Thank you so much!!

@vee95 -- must feel so great to have finished that powder! And the blush, have rarely seen so much pan on a Tarte blush!

@heavyhedon Yes it was super satisfying to finish the powder! The blush is not very pigmented and I have been wearing it every day, so it's been easy to slowly make pan! 

Congratulations, @vee95!! Nice job finishing the foundation and getting more pan on the blush!! ๐Ÿ‘

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg
  • Lotions 6.jpg