cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

You just have to take my word for it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ its half way done but foundation will take a long time for me to finish 

5E317EDF-95C7-4622-88E9-CA03C252FAB2.jpeg

โ€ƒ

This darn bronzers just refuses to die

CB671C98-11D0-4AE9-B793-4BE1855962AA.jpeg

โ€ƒ

lol @blackkitty2014! ๐Ÿ˜„ My money's on you! You're going to pan that baby! ๐Ÿ‘Š

I hit pan at the beginning of this year and 3 months later Iโ€™m still not done yet. These blushers are harder to pan than I thought. I give myself until May to finish this

DA19D558-EDFE-4861-8E64-2C80BFD161E2.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@blackkitty2014 That's a lot to use, but pretty color.

Another week of use perhaps? 

3C60E7B9-1552-497D-A489-9C784E107B2A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@blackkitty2014 -- Yeah, that's nearly done!

These are slightly used but they are completely dried out. So disappointed ๐Ÿ˜ข Straight to the garbage they go ๐Ÿ˜ญ

6D37FC70-8AD8-423D-A028-12544A8ADA76.jpeg

โ€ƒ

๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ hate when that happens @blackkitty2014 !! I had to toss a few things that dried out on me.  Definitely a moment where I kicked myself for โ€œsavingโ€ those products for โ€œspecialโ€ occasions ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ

That is soo sad @blackkitty2014!  Chanel should do better.

I know @Ispend2much6 . I have 3 of these cream eyeshadows. They are all liked this while my Tom Ford cream eyeshadows are still in pretty good shapes. I wonโ€™t buy cream eyeshadows from Chanel again.

Ten or more years ago Chanel's cream shadows were the only ones that lasted for me.  Bobbi Brown's are actually pretty good that way also.  My Burberry ones dried up quickly though, which was a shame because they were gorgeous. I suppose they were reformulated.

@Ispend2much6 They probably learn from other industries. Making things break ASAP otherwise we wonโ€™t spend ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฒ

@blackkitty2014   That's the truth!  I wish we still had our old washing machine from 20 years ago.  And the dishwasher!

Report time: These are my progress during Jan, Feb and Mar 2021:

DE2EFECC-90E3-4EEC-807F-22C4582D86BD.jpeg
These are my empties ๐Ÿ˜

@blackkitty2014 -- woohoo, so satisfying to have so many lovely empties.

@blackkitty2014 Great progress!! 

Woah! ๐Ÿ˜ Great job @blackkitty2014! What an excellent first quarter! 

Itโ€™s been a year since I stopped wearing makeup and itโ€™s time for me to get back to feeling like myself. I aim to hit pan on some of the palettes I own but never use. I mainly want to do this as part of a larger project of using up my stash (I spent a year on skincare!) in order to have more space in my home. I am starting small with one eyeshadow palette I have had for a few years now. TOM FORD Eye Color Quad Eyeshadow Palette 03 Nude Dip 

7BF9FDC0-6028-4AF9-9DBC-294B7A776B88.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Welcome, @lnum!! Excited to see your progress!!

@haleyvvvv Thank you! Sometimes it feels like the eyeshadow pans are Mary Poppins bottomless purse. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg
  • Lotions 6.jpg