cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome @lnum , canโ€™t wait to see your progress and to hear what you think of the palette when you dive into it more regularly.

@ElleElleG Thank you! I miss being able to see you! 

Good luck @lnum . Eyeshadows are the hardest thing for me.

@blackkitty2014 Thank you! I use eyeshadow everyday (pre-pandemic) and have finished plenty in my zpalette, but it seems the ones in premade palettes I never ever use (albeit I know this and rarely buy premade palettes). So I have decided to try and make a dent in some of the premade ones I do have that really cost me a pretty penny. ๐Ÿ˜…

@lnum, using what you have is such a great project! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ TF Nude Dip is one of my faves. โ™ฅ๏ธ Excited to see your progress throughout the year! 

@itsfi When I see my makeup collection now all I see are dollar signs of pretty things I havenโ€™t used and I refuse to let myself continue to waste money. Gotta fix that. ๐Ÿ˜†

@lnum, I get it. It's also a lot of fun to shop / use your stash, and rediscover (or discover for the first time) loves. You will fix it! I know you will! You are focused, disciplined and diligent - your no buy is a huge testament to that.

@itsfi Thank you for your kind words. โค๏ธ

Happy Easter to those that celebrate!

New Update:

Having rolled in a well-loved gloss on Tuesday, I had to take the stopper out Sat., and from there it went very fast indeed. So I have finished Dirty Little Secrets gloss in Nude Beach! Here's the gloss on Sat right before I took out the stopper:

Not much there.Not much there. 

And here it is today, thanks to some handy-dandy extra long cotton swabs I picked  up at Ulta last year, allowing me to get nearly every drop:

shine lover 001.JPGshine lover 002.JPG

Since I've removed all other lippies but my Besame glaze in Tangerine from the project and that may die on me any day now, I'm adding in two new shades for Spring; Lancome's Shine Lover in no. 316, Eclat De Rose, a lovely semi-sheer cool pink creme that is probably light on everyone else but medium-weight on me, and an old discontinued LE juice gloss from Avon, their Festive Lip Gloss Shimmer in Lilac Ice. I bought it on super clearance, really enjoy it, but want to use it more before it goes bad on me. Note, Avon lippies have never gone bacterial nasty on me, they just, after 10 to 30 years, start tasting like melted tires.  Shine Lover, I'd like to finish; the Festive Lip Shimmer, I'll probably swap out again in Fall, or until I get 20 uses, whichever comes first.

Lancome's Eclat De Rose, well used alreadyLancome's Eclat De Rose, well used alreadyPretty shade & smells fruityPretty shade & smells fruity

So, 2 lippies in; one gloss finished

Congratulations, @heavyhedon!! That's such an empty container, so satisfying!!

@haleyvvvv -- TY!

@heavyhedon Great work!!

@vee95 -- Thanks!

Good job @heavyhedon โค๏ธ

@blackkitty2014 -- Thank you!

Nice work on the lip gloss @heavyhedon! Love your two lippie choices for the spring! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi -- Thanks! Might need to pick a new one soon.

Here's what March looked like:

3.31.2021 Pan - All.jpg

tl;dr: Overall, March saw progress on most, but not all of my project pan products. The neck cream is definitely feeling neglected, as are the Ciate blush and the Julep nail treatment. Progress continues at a steady clip with the eyeshadow palettes and the Tarte blush has been seeing more use as well. My allergies are acting up again so the eyeshadows may see less use next month. 

Q1 2021 Updates

3.31.2021 Pan - Etc.jpg

Spoiler
Project Pan: The Ordinary Hair Density Serum
Goal: Use regularly and decide after Q1 whether to keep working on it. 
Q1 2021 Status: Surprisingly, of all my project pan items, this is the one that has the most consistent progress. I've noticed that if I use this daily, it tends to dry my scalp, so I've limited use to once every other day or once every third day, and I will be sure to use a hair mask at least once per week. That seems to have kept my scalp from feeling dry.

Project Pan: Ciate Dewy Blush Glossy Cheek Tint (Papaya)
Goal: Use it at least once per week. Revisit at the end of summer whether to keep it as part of my project pan.
Q1 2021 Status: This has been making some, but not a lot of progress, in large part because I like to layer it with the Tarte Paaarty blush and the blush has been seeing more use as part of my DIY lip gloss. 

Project Pan: Julep Be Strong Oxygen Nail Therapy
Goal: Use it up by end of the year
Q1 2021 Status: I wouldn't have guessed that I would have such a hard time with this one. It's moving along at a snail's pace. I am running through my base coat pretty quickly and may give this Julep treatment a go as a base coat  over the next few months to see how it performs. 

Project Pan: Strivectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
Goal: Use it consistently.
Q1 2021 Status: In the words of Homer Simpson, "DOH!!!" In the words of itsfi, "Do better, Fi; do better!" lol Despite seeing this on my counter every night, I continue to forget to use it. 

Project Pan: Sephora Collection Brightening Eye Cream - Hydrate & Depuff (gratis)
Goal: Use it up.
Q1 2021 Status: Thanks to my allergies this month, my eye area has been drier than usual and, as a result, I've been reaching more for this eye cream. My allergies can typically run through late summer / early fall so at this newfound rate of use, it's very possible I might actually finish this jar by the end of the year. 

3.31.2021 Pan - Tarte blush.jpg

Spoiler
Project Pan: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Paarty)
Goal: Hit pan by year end
Q1 2021 Status: The print on this blush is beginning to wear off. That's progress for me and speaks to what a modern miracle my usage of this product has been this year, as compared to last year. Hahaha! I'm not sure how often I'll reach for this one in the next few weeks; I've picked up a few new blushes that I like more than this one. As with the Tarte eyeshadow, I've also been mixing this blush with some lip balm every so often to turn it into a lip gloss. Moving forward, I'll continue to use this blush that way as well as using it to set some liquid or cream blushes.

3.31.2021 Pan - Tarte palette.jpg

Spoiler
Project Pan: Tarte Unleashed Eyeshadow Palette (gratis)
Goal: Pan at least 2 shadows (stretch goal = pan either toad-ally or party animal, the last shades in rows 2 and 3)
Q1 2021 Status: We are very much at the beginning of our panning journey. lol Interestingly, I've been reaching for the shade "iguana love you" (second row, third shadow) this month, but not as an eyeshadow. I've been scraping a little of the shadow and mixing it with a lip balm to create a lip gloss with it. I didn't think anything of it the first time I did this; I was just curious, but it's turned into something I've been using fairly regularly. I may continue doing a DIY lip gloss with this shade throughout the year.

3.31.2021 Pan - ND.jpg

Spoiler
Project Pan: Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eye Shadow Palette
Goal: Hit pan on 2 other shadows (Tar or Sculpture being one of them).  I hit pan on Freckle, Shine, Monroe and Tusk last year so those don't count)
Q1 2021 Status: Some movement on Tar though I need to give that shade some more attention. Rustic (first row, first shadow) and Rayon (second row, third shadow) have been the two newer colors I've been gravitating to more frequently. Allergy season is here and by the looks of it, will not be a kind one to my eyes this year, so I'll probably be wearing eyeshadow less often.

Amazing progress, @itsfi!! I'm so impressed at all of the dips in those palettes!!

Thank you @haleyvvvv! My need for a routine    is keeping me committed to using at least one or two shadows from the Biba palette almost every day. 

@itsfi Looking great!!

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg