cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Aw, thank you @Guessgal. I hope I'll make some good progress on the rest, but we'll see! Love Hangover is a really pretty shade, I have a lot of peach blushers but nothing quite like it. Too bad Too Faced got rid of it-- and Baby Love, which I never got to try, sob,sob. 

Ugh. I was trying to find something the other day and stumbled on a box full of lotions. So now I have more to add. My total is now 781.

Old Lotion2.jpgOld Lotions.jpg

Ohhh @Samtian!!! Well, challenge accepted!!! Your skin will be happily moisturized! ๐Ÿ˜€

@Samtian  Eeeep!!!!  Just when you thought you had it all under control! ๐Ÿ˜„Youโ€™ve got this!

You can make โ€˜abominationโ€™ body lotion with a few of those.  

@heartsmyface Hahaha I can't smell them anyways so why not!

Ha! That's a lot, @Samtian but I totally get it. I have a huge stash of B&BW and Avon body sprays & lotions, as well as colognes, etc. I went through them all last summer and tossed a bunch but still more than I could ever use. I never buy cologne/perfume/body lotion any more, & no one I know wants any of my stash either, so I'm stuck with these scents forever!

@heavyhedon Haha ah man that sucks I'm sorry!

February Panning Progress 

20210302_233435~2.jpg

L->R 

Absolutely none on the PTR, I did not use this month. Was trying to focus more on the fuller coverage ones for winterish skin. 

The bottle of the Josie Maran makes it impossible to know how much I've used. ๐Ÿ˜ž 

A little bit on the Becca (RIP). I'll being trying to mix this with the Saie Highlighter (gratis from lovely TeamBIC), as I've been having some luck with that. 

I didn't use a lot of these because I was testing out the L'Oreal True Match HLA Foundation (gratis from Topbox Circle for review). I've been struggle busing trying to get this to work, which is why I used it a lot, wanted to really test before giving it a poor review. ๐Ÿ˜…. This I've made a dent in, lol. 

20210302_233628~2.jpg

Plugging along on these. No idea about how far, except for maybe the Fenty Blush, cause I can see that middle circle get more pronounced. 

20210302_233550~2.jpg

This image is terrible, I'm sorry ๐Ÿ˜ž. But, more pan in the LaRitzy Dew Pot. Even on days I'm not using as a full highlighter (I've been using the Fenty killawatt palette for some novelty), I've been topping my blush with it. 

A little with the Stila, but I think I only used once. 

20210302_234035~2.jpg

Yay some sides are emerging!! 

20210302_233834~2.jpg

A little bit on each of these, yay!! I need to reach for more, though. 

@haleyvvvv  Ouhh these comparisons are very satisfying.  nice work!  

Thank you, @heartsmyface!!

That Fenty blush looks very close to showing pan @haleyvvvv 

Yes, I think so, @heavyhedon!! Not this month, though.

@haleyvvvv Great work!!

Thank you, @Samtian!! 

Love this @haleyvvvv , so satisfying to watch those lines go down. 

Agreed, @missjeanie!! Thank you!!

Awesome progress @haleyvvvv๐Ÿ˜ Ooooh, it's nice to see the sides from the lip glosses! Great work! 

Thank you, @itsfi!! Glosses are great for feeling like I've accomplished some panning since they're so quick to go through. 

February felt like a blur; it just flew by so fast. I don't really remember using all my project pans, but I know I did, at least to a varying degree, based on my progress here. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 
2.28.2021 All.jpg

These items, in particular, saw the least amount of movement. On the one, they are being used and it's only a matter of time. On the other hand, there's no reason that there should not have been more or better progress with each of these. Sigh. I imagine I'll start having allergies this month so the Sephora Brightening Eye Cream will be more sought after to keep the under area from becoming more dry. Will have to try to find a way to make it easier to reach for the others - Ciate London Dewy Blush Glossy Cheek Tint (Papaya)Strivectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream Plus; and Julep Be Strong Oxygen Nail Treatment
2.28.2021 Misc.jpg2.28.2021 Misc.jpg
I'm seeing the print on the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Paaarty) disappear more and more each month; that's encouraging!
2.28.2021 Tarte blush.jpg
I reached for The Ordinary Multi-Peptie Serum for Hair Density less frequently than I did in January but still managed to make some decent progress. Having a schedule for this one seems to work best. 
2.28.2021 TO.jpg

The Tarte Unleashed Eye Shadow Palette has more pinks, and red and purple leaning shadows than I realized. Interesting how that escaped me until now. ๐Ÿค” I continue to work on the more shimmery shades. Thanks to @ElleElleG, I'm finding that a few of the shadows in this palette pair up pretty well with the metallic deep coppery shade in the ND Biba palette. Will plan to incorporate those combinations in more looks this month. Thank you for that great recommendation, elleelleg!! โค๏ธ 
2.28.2021 Tarte.jpg
I continue to chip away, happily away, at a few different shadows in the Natasha Denona Biba Eye Shadow Palette. ๐Ÿ˜€ Rustic will get more use this month in combination with the Tarte palette. I may try pairing a couple of the shadows from the bottom row here with Tarte Party Animal, the sparkly blue-green shadow. Having some new pairings to work with is helping with keeping motivated! Let's see how far we get next month!!
2.28.2021 ND.jpg

Great panning, @itsfi!! I'm mixed about embossing. Sometimes it means too pretty to want to use (I see you Melt duos), but a great way to track panning. Love the mixes of eye shadow palettes, you can get a lot of variety there!!

Thank you @haleyvvvv๐Ÿ˜ I hear ya on the embossing. Sometimes, even if it doesn't have any embossing on it, I still find a color too pretty to use. Hahaha! 

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg
  • Lotions 6.jpg