cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@itsfi Great work! I bet it's nice seeing the design go away on the blush. You should post your eye looks in the eye shadow challenge, I want to see the pairings you come up with!

@Samtian @itsfi -- I second that!!!

@heavyhedon @Samtian @itsfi Thirded(!), (if you feel comfortable to do so!!).

Awww! ๐Ÿค— I will try to think about ways to post pics that I feel okay with @Samtian @heavyhedon @haleyvvvv. Well, first, I probably need to figure out the best way to take a good pic of eye looks that it actually shows up. ๐Ÿค” Then, I'll try to think about a way that works for me. This could make for a fun project . . . 

@itsfi You could do like me and just post a photo of your eye haha. 

@itsfi -- I'm still working on those issues myself, for the eyeshadow challenge. 

@heavyhedon, if you come up with something Iโ€™d love to know what works for you. If I figure something out, Iโ€™ll tag you to let you know. 

At the start of my massive project, I had 35 photos. I'm happy to report that 21 of those photos all have at least one thing marked off on them. I'm still not sure if I want to do a half year report or wait until the very end to be surprised. Next month is my report of the two mists I've been working on. 

Ahhhh, @Samtian, thatโ€™s fantastic progress! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ oooh, an excited to hear about how youโ€™re doing with your mists next month!

@itsfi Thank you! And  I lied, mists are quarterly haha so it won't be until end of April. 

Hahaha @Samtian! End of April, it is! Mists haven't been something I've been reaching for this winter. Maybe I'll change that up with spring just around the corner ~ said while looking out a rain soaked window on a much colder day than we've been having. lol 

@itsfi I hope you do! Mine just sit there, Victoria Secret has a sale so I add more haha.

Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Samtian!!! ๐Ÿ˜ I laugh because I understand! โ˜บ๏ธ Did you restock or pick up new scents? Or both? ๐Ÿ› 

@itsfi Haha, all new ones!

That's fabulous progress @Samtian !

@heavyhedon Thank you!!

Oh my gosh, @Samtian, that's amazing!! I just went back to look through all of your photos and just I am so impressed!! Well done!!

@haleyvvvv Thank you! I knew some like the big perfumes and mists wouldn't get much but I'm happy with the progress I've made so far!

Yesterday was my Bday, so I decided to start a new year of panning along with my new year of existence. I have been panning these unofficially for a few days, but let's make it official! First pics, then explanations/goals:

Pixi Ultimate Beauty Kit 2nd editionPixi Ultimate Beauty Kit 2nd editionThe Blushes & Highlighters section of UBKThe Blushes & Highlighters section of UBKThe whole lot!The whole lot!Items of special focusItems of special focusToo Faced White Chip Mini paletteToo Faced White Chip Mini palette

Not aiming to use up most of these, but to get good use of them before they get nasty. I'll likely do a seasonal refresh a few times this year and change out some, not all, of these products. Items & Goals:

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau in 31- This is my winter foundation, I think this is its last winter! Just using as much as possible.

Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance- a few uses left at most, I intend to use all. This has lasted forever with plenty of usage & is versatile; so despite the big price tag I think it's a good value. 

Becca First Light Priming Filter- trial size, not much left, I'd like to enjoy it & let it go. Was going to replace with full size since I like wearing it when I sing onstage, but that's not happening again for a while yet. 

BareMinerals Rescue Gel Stick Foundation in Opal- trial size, not much left, maybe one use at best to finish.

KVD Tattoo Liner in Mad Max- Can't seem to kill this, but I'm gonna try!

Maybelline Total Temptation & ELF XJKissa mascaras, both brown- not a fan of the first but used it, loved the second one & wish ELF would make it permanent. Each has a couple uses left, max. 

Ulta eyeshadow in Sable- not a great shadow but a good contour color for me. I plan on using it till I double the pan, and then tossing.. 

Too Faced White Chocolate Chip Mini Palette-- my favorite eye palette! Had it for years and want to enjoy it before it stops working well, knowing I can't replace it with a truly fresh one. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Pixi by Petra Ultimate Beauty Kit 2nd Edition--  40 shadows, 6 blushes & 6 highlighters. The shadows were not very strong, best as transition shades, but I loved the cheek section and can't part with it till I feel I've given it more love. My goal is to hit pan on everything in the cheek section & use every shadow at least one more time. 

Too Faced Peach My Cheeks Melting Powder Blush in Peach Dream- just want to use it a lot this winter, I suspect it may not last out the year. I tend to wear paler, cooler peach blushers like this shade

in Winter/early Spring and then warmer ones in Summer/Fall, so I may swap it out next refresh. 

Peek MetalMatte Quick-Drying Cream Blush mini in A-Boo (pale cool peach)-- same deal as above, though this will likely last another year. Got in an Ipsy bag & love it.

Dirty Little Secret Blush in Kitty Pink-- another Ipsy find and I love this color so much. Want to finish it, may replace it later. A nice indie brand too.

Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter in Sin-- trial size from Ipsy. Great stuff, but would like to move it out and then work on another highlighter. 

NYX Butter Lipstick in Ripe Berry-  just want to use it some this Winter & then in Fall, before it dies. 

Bareminerals Mod Pop Collection Moxie Lipsticks in Fall in Love & Dream Big-- LOVE this collection so much but it's from Spring 2015; these 2 of the three lippy shades are starting to decline in quality, so I'm hoping to get use of them before the bitter end. Probably will shift in the last shade later. 

Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Samantha-- keep forgetting to use my second favorite lipgloss here, so it will be rolling in and out of this project all year. 

Besame Cosmetics Sweetheart Glaze Lipgloss in Tangerine-- beautiful & delicious discontinued gloss, cost about $30, less than halfway through it and it's starting to lose flavor! I want to use it up if possible before it dies. 

Phew, that's a lot, (19 items) thanks for reading this far. I'll try to keep the updates leaner, but wanted to talk about how much all of these things mean to me here, with people that understand!

Happy belated birthday @heavyhedon! ๐Ÿฅณ Wow! Impressive set of project pan products and some of the panning youโ€™ve already done with a few of them! ๐Ÿ˜ A seasonal refresh sounds wonderful! Looking forward to seeing all the progress youโ€™ll make this year! 

Thank you @itsfi , hoping for some major progress on my focus items this winter. 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg