cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@ElleElleG, ahhh, this!!! Love this idea! Thank you! Gonna put that to use on a couple of my project pan items. 

@haleyvvvv Great job though! Even if you don't see much progress now, at least you are trying!

Thank you, @Samtian!! I'm sure I'll see more as a the year progresses!!

Nice job @haleyvvvv! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Itโ€™s only a matter of time until we see pan on these beauties. 

Thank you, @itsfi!! I hope so!! ๐Ÿคž

Hey all, here's my progress from January.

Quick recap: My 2020 project was to use my ABH x Mario palette since it's several years old and the amazing quality that it was has waned over time.  For a while I was firmly in the this-is-my-fave-and-I-don't-want-to-use-it-and-run-out camp but I've come to realize that approach makes the item less enjoyable (and a waste of money for me).  I planned to toss whatever went unused at the end of the year but since I haven't been able to pick a new project just yet I figured I'd continue working this until then.

2EE6031B-547A-405F-8AD4-0EAAB426444F.jpeg

10D512F8-D167-45FA-995A-00173057102D.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I mainly use Isabel, NYC, Violeta, and sometimes Bronx.  Violeta is often used in my brows and Iโ€™m kind of shocked by how much product remains.  Bronx is by far the best olive shade Iโ€™ve ever had in my collection!  If they remade this palette Iโ€™d purchase it again for that shade alone (though several other colors that have long been used were also amazing).  Pretty much all the shades (except Violeta and Isabel) have declined in quality and require several layers to really show/pop.  They also tend to wear off/dull after a few hours.  Hollywood, Lula, and Claudia arenโ€™t my cup of tea though I venture into them every now and again.  Hoping to finish Isabel this month and to make more progress on Violeta.

@ElleElleG   Love all that pan! Wish they still made this palette. 

@ElleElleG Bronx is my second favorite shade ever. You made great progress!!

Yes, great minds!!! It was such a well done shade. I hope I find something comparable once this is gone @Samtian 

@ElleElleG I hope you find one!

I'm always so inspired by your progress @ElleElleG๐Ÿ˜ I love your new approach to use what you have and enjoy your products and to toss unused items periodically. I've been working on decluttering (tossing old and donating or gifting good, unused products) and it feels good! Definitely going to use what I have so that I'm not being wasteful and so that I can enjoy them! 

Thank you, @itsfi !! Also, donating is a great idea, definitely need to do that for both makeup/skincare and clothing items.

So much pan, @ElleElleG!! ๐Ÿคฉ Bronx is a gorgeous shade!!

Thanks @haleyvvvv !  Seeing pan is a huge motivating factor for me and makes me feel like that purchase was worth it ๐Ÿ˜Š

Just popping in to celebrate @ElleElleG and her endless quest for satisfying panning! I am impressed you are still going strong! I am going to assess my collection and pick some items to work on!

Thanks to @ElleElleG and all of you panners for your inspiring progress! 

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿฅฐ Thank you, @NotCrocker !!  It's gotten to the point that I feel a bit lost if I don't have at least something to work off and the other panners have DEFINITELY helped maintain my motivation.

I'll be keeping an eye out on the item(s) you select and your progress.

๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

This is my first time of official project pan, but I think it's time ๐Ÿ™‚

Here is what I plan to finish in 2021:

1382F941-895E-499B-A0BD-965048EA97D2.jpeg

โ€ƒ

B76CA960-9587-4E74-A6FB-E7B8A5781A30.jpeg

โ€ƒ

5FA58050-68D3-4057-B3C2-A74279A5AE3B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

7E48B1FA-CFB9-4A5E-8844-95643730C23D.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Jumping in with some impressive progress on those shadows, @sangova!. Hope this thread serves as a positive resource for you!

Wow @sangova! Thatโ€™s some impressive panning on those eyeshadows! ๐Ÿ˜ Those are some great items you have for your project pan. Looking forward to seeing your progress on everything throughout the year! 

It's going well so far, making progress ๐Ÿ˜ will update the post at the end of the month ๐Ÿ˜Š

@sangova ooh look at those pans already! Do you mind listing out the lipsticks?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg