cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@heavyhedon Good luck! I love how you already have nice progress on most of the items!

Thanks @Samtian , I will have to work at it, so much stuff there.

Yay, @heavyhedon, welcome to this year's panning!! I like that you have concrete plans for everything. I'm sorry your favorite palette was discontinued, but I love the mentality of using it while it still works well. 

TY! I always need to stick to a plan with panning to make it happen. 

Sorry for the late posting. ๐Ÿ˜ž I took pics at the end of January, but am just now remembering to post my panning progress. How is it already mid-February? 

Progress at the end of JanuaryProgress at the end of January

Makeup
Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette (pictured in upper left quadrant): Seeing more pan on Monroe (2nd row, 2nd shadow) and Tusk (3rd row, last shadow). Been spending more time with Tar as well (3rd row, 2nd shadow). 

Tarte Unleashed Eyeshadow Palette (lower right quadrant): Hippocritical (1st row, 3rd shadow), You're Lion (3rd row, 1st shadow) and Party Animal (3rd row, last shadow) were the shadows I focused on last month, but Party Animal is a bit of a challenge for me. I may give it a try as a liner or try layering a different primer underneath it.  

Well, there's been some movement with these blushes. I like pairing Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Paaarty) (pictured in lower left quadrant) and Ciate London Dewy Blush Papaya (pictured in upper right quadrant) - that seems to be a combo that is getting me more use of the Tarte blush, so that'll be the combo going forward. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I also like the Ciate London blush as a lippie. The poor Tarte blush got little love from me last year, so I'm determined to really give it a good try this year. I feel like The Little Engine That Could when it comes to the Tarte blush ~ "I think I can, I think I can!" Or, maybe at some point this year I can say, "I think I'll pan; I think I'll pan!" ๐Ÿคฃ Here's hoping. ๐Ÿคž

Skincare:
I'm usually pretty good about reaching for my skincare products, but these Strivectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream and Sephora Collection Brightening Eye Cream Hydrate & Depuff (pictured in upper right quadrant) have been a bit of a bear, which is odd as I do like both these products. I was better with these two items the last week-and-a-half of January. Nothing too noticeable as far as how much I've used up, but both are being used up so I'm tracking the itty bitty progress I have made. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nails:
I've been neglecting my nails of late, which probably accounts for how short they are - funny how that works. Grrr!! I used the Julep Be Strong Oxygen Nail Treatment (pictured in upper right quadrant) once per week for the first two weeks of January and then I completely forgot about it. Ugh. Aiming to do better going forward, which reminds me that I should apply a layer of the Julep onto my nails right now. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Hair
Strangely I've been pretty good with reaching for The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density (pictured in upper right quadrant), which accounts for the progress I made. At the moment, this is something I've been reaching for 2 - 4 days during week and I'm hoping to keep that up. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I've used enough of the product to bring it down to the very top of the label. Any progress is good progress when it comes to panning, I say!

This wasn't part of my Pan It! challenge for 2021, but I have been making an effort to use up my already open and partially used body lotions / creams, and this happened a couple of nights ago! ๐Ÿ˜ @Samtian, one down and, as far as how many to go, ummmm, I'm not sure I can count that high. Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
Feb - lotion.jpg

@itsfi -- great progress! That Candy Apple scent is sooo nice, we're using the hand soap now here; I bought a gift set of winter scent hand soaps from B&BW and that's one of our faves so far. 

Thank you @heavyhedon! Love this B&BW scent! โ™ฅ๏ธ Ooouh, I know the set you are talking about - that has a really nice variety of their winter scents! 

@itsfi -- yeah, I only wish I'd gotten 2. I had a nice giftcard right during their big annual sale, but should have bought double on all of it! 

@heavyhedon, a haul with a sale + gift card?!!! โ™ฅ๏ธ Could shopping be any more fun?!! ๐Ÿ› At least a couple of scents from that set are part of their annual seasonal collection - winter candy apple and vanilla bean Noel - so they should come back around later in the year. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi That Winter Candy Apple scent is a favorite in this household!!!!  The top right of Biba and Monroe look like beautiful all over shades.  Question, do the shadows layer well?  Im wondering how the one at the top would look over that red shimmer shade in your Tarte palette ๐Ÿค”

@ElleElleG, the Biba shadows layer really well with each other and are pretty good with most of the Tarte shadows Iโ€™ve paired them with. Thereโ€™s been a couple that Iโ€™ve had a harder time blending. 

Ohhhh!!! What a fabulous idea ElleElleG to pair those two shadows. ๐Ÿ˜ Iโ€™ll give that combo a try this weekend and let you know. Thank you! You have such a great eye!! 

Great progress, @itsfi!! Im so impressed at the dips you made in the Tarte palette!! How is it almost the end of February?!

Thank you @haleyvvvv! Time sure seems to fly by these days, doesnโ€™t it?!

@itsfi haha you might not want to count that high! Great progress either way though! Winter Candy Apple sounds like it smells incredible!

Thank you @Samtian! ๐Ÿค—  I *may* have gone overboard with stocking up on B&BW Winter Candy Apple a few years back - lesson learned: I don't need to do so much stocking up. Hahaha! I still have a body cream to go through in the same scent, but will focus on finishing a few other ones next. Yep, not counting. I plan to do a declutter soon of body creams and lotions so I won't be able to avoid counting forever. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi It's hard not to stock up on their sales! Haha good luck!!

Updates from January 

20210201_114624~2.jpg

Whatever marker I used in January to indicate starting position wore off. I made some decent way through the PTR, but tinted SPF is kinda my go to. I've been also using the Josie Maran one, but its hard to tell where I'm at for this one. The Becca one...I don't need to use much each time, and honestly, I might give up on this one after March when winter is over. It's just not working well anymore.

20210201_114709~2.jpg

Made a little bit more pan in the Laritzy Dew Pot but the rest is hard to tell. Maybe a bit on the Laura Mercier stick.

20210201_114922~2.jpg

I feel like I made some progress toward a few of these, but especially for the Buxom beige lippie, hardly any, even though I used a fair bit. Definitely giving some more insight into how long it takes to go through things.

@haleyvvvv -- That is definitely one downside to having so many places now to buy beauty products-- in the olden days, we had drugstore & dept. store plus Avon/Mary Kay, and we used up one thing before buying another, so we knew how long it all lasted. Our current beauty culture just leaves that consideration out. But here you are, getting through stuff anyhow! I love that Josie Maran foundation, is feels so nice on the skin. 

The Josie Maran is so good, but their color range is abysmal, so I won't be repurchasing until that's fixed. I definitely have too much makeup, but I also think of it as I got into makeup relatively recently (last three years), that I'm trying to find the best formulas for me, as I don't necessarily want or need as big of collection as I have (except eye shadow palettes). @heavyhedon 

@haleyvvvv have you tried putting a piece of tape down the length of your items and marking on the tape?  that's helped me keep track on items where the marks fade over time.  You also reminded me that I have at least one of those Buxom lip crayons that I need to use ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I hadn't!! That's such a great idea, @ElleElleG!! I have lab tape I could use for that. And the Buxom lip crayons were so good, it's too bad they aren't making them anymore.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg