cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge πŸ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes πŸ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge πŸ†

Thank you, @itsfi !! Also, donating is a great idea, definitely need to do that for both makeup/skincare and clothing items.

So much pan, @ElleElleG!! 🀩 Bronx is a gorgeous shade!!

Thanks @haleyvvvv !  Seeing pan is a huge motivating factor for me and makes me feel like that purchase was worth it 😊

Just popping in to celebrate @ElleElleG and her endless quest for satisfying panning! I am impressed you are still going strong! I am going to assess my collection and pick some items to work on!

Thanks to @ElleElleG and all of you panners for your inspiring progress! 

😊πŸ₯° Thank you, @NotCrocker !!  It's gotten to the point that I feel a bit lost if I don't have at least something to work off and the other panners have DEFINITELY helped maintain my motivation.

I'll be keeping an eye out on the item(s) you select and your progress.

😘😘😘

This is my first time of official project pan, but I think it's time πŸ™‚

Here is what I plan to finish in 2021:

1382F941-895E-499B-A0BD-965048EA97D2.jpeg

 

B76CA960-9587-4E74-A6FB-E7B8A5781A30.jpeg

 

5FA58050-68D3-4057-B3C2-A74279A5AE3B.jpeg

 

7E48B1FA-CFB9-4A5E-8844-95643730C23D.jpeg

 

Jumping in with some impressive progress on those shadows, @sangova!. Hope this thread serves as a positive resource for you!

Wow @sangova! That’s some impressive panning on those eyeshadows! 😍 Those are some great items you have for your project pan. Looking forward to seeing your progress on everything throughout the year! 

It's going well so far, making progress 😁 will update the post at the end of the month 😊

@sangova ooh look at those pans already! Do you mind listing out the lipsticks?

Sorry, just saw your comment. I will shortly 😊

@sangova Good luck but I’m pretty sure you will able to do it. πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ

Thank you! I'm not very optimistic, but I'll try lol

After semi-lurking on the 2020 thread, I'm hopping aboard the panning train.

20210107_142512~2.jpg

20210107_143618~2.jpg

2021 Goal - Finish 

All 3 foundations 

Spoiler
BECCA Cosmetics Ultimate Coverage 24 Hour Foundation Linen 1N1 
Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid Euphoric RG20 
Peter Thomas Roth Max Mineral Naked Broad Spectrum SPF 45 UVA/UVB Protective Lotion 
I have so many foundations waiting in the wings because I don't like to have more than one full coverage, one medium coverage and one light/cc cream at a time and I feel like I've been working on these forever. This year to finish. 

Eye Shadows 

Spoiler
I know I'm one of the few who really likes the Stila Mystere Liquid Eye shadows, but I love them. I only grabbed two before they've mostly disappeared. 
Laura Mercier mini Caviar stick 

My goal, in addition to trying all of my eye palettes, is that on days where I'm not feeling up to a full look, is to swipe one of these on. 

Cheeks (Laritzy Dew Pot) 

Spoiler
I think I got this in a sub box before I was more discriminating. I like it, but I probably wouldn't keep something similar now. I panned in 2020 and this years goal is to finish so I can use some other highlighters. 

Lippies 

Spoiler
Just some older lippies (4 buxom products), a small liquid lip (smashbox maneater) and a pretty gloss (Vasanti).

2021 Goal - Pan 

Cheeks

Spoiler
Lise Watier Havana Bronzing Powder 0.35 oz/ 10 g 
This is the only bronzer I'm using. It is a mini. I have been using it forever. I would love to hit pan on this.
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 07 Drama Cla$$ 
New this year, I use fairly often, curious how long it'll take to pan.

So excited to see everyone's progress!! Let's do this!!

Welcome, @haleyvvvv !!  You've selected an awesome array of items to work on, look forward to seeing your progress.

Thank you, @ElleElleG!! And thank you for starting this thread!! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress and making it through these products!!

Yaaay! 😁 So happy you’ll be joining in this year @haleyvvvv! I lurked about previous pan threads before jumping in last year. One of the best things I decided to do - helped me get through products that were more challenging for me to work through, both items I included in my project pan as well as non-project pan products. πŸ™ŒπŸΌ 

Thank you, @itsfi!! I'm so excited!! I hope it will help me finish off some products.

Ooo I have that Vasanti gloss too! I wore it for the first time last week for a zoom meeting (that’s the most I do to look decent for work nowadays πŸ™ˆ) and have to say the colour is really pretty!! When I first got it in a GWP, I thought it was going to be another β€œboring nude” but nope I’m pleasantly surprised! @haleyvvvv 

It is such a pretty opaque gloss, I was also pleasantly surprised, @Guessgal!!

@haleyvvvv Yes! So happy to see you here, I can't wait to see your progress!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg