cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Sorry, just saw your comment. I will shortly ๐Ÿ˜Š

@sangova Good luck but Iโ€™m pretty sure you will able to do it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ

Thank you! I'm not very optimistic, but I'll try lol

After semi-lurking on the 2020 thread, I'm hopping aboard the panning train.

20210107_142512~2.jpg

20210107_143618~2.jpg

2021 Goal - Finish 

All 3 foundations 

Spoiler
BECCA Cosmetics Ultimate Coverage 24 Hour Foundation Linen 1N1 
Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid Euphoric RG20 
Peter Thomas Roth Max Mineral Naked Broad Spectrum SPF 45 UVA/UVB Protective Lotion 
I have so many foundations waiting in the wings because I don't like to have more than one full coverage, one medium coverage and one light/cc cream at a time and I feel like I've been working on these forever. This year to finish. 

Eye Shadows 

Spoiler
I know I'm one of the few who really likes the Stila Mystere Liquid Eye shadows, but I love them. I only grabbed two before they've mostly disappeared. 
Laura Mercier mini Caviar stick 

My goal, in addition to trying all of my eye palettes, is that on days where I'm not feeling up to a full look, is to swipe one of these on. 

Cheeks (Laritzy Dew Pot) 

Spoiler
I think I got this in a sub box before I was more discriminating. I like it, but I probably wouldn't keep something similar now. I panned in 2020 and this years goal is to finish so I can use some other highlighters. 

Lippies 

Spoiler
Just some older lippies (4 buxom products), a small liquid lip (smashbox maneater) and a pretty gloss (Vasanti).

2021 Goal - Pan 

Cheeks

Spoiler
Lise Watier Havana Bronzing Powder Havana 
This is the only bronzer I'm using. It is a mini. I have been using it forever. I would love to hit pan on this.
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 07 Drama Cla$$ 
New this year, I use fairly often, curious how long it'll take to pan.

So excited to see everyone's progress!! Let's do this!!

Welcome, @haleyvvvv !!  You've selected an awesome array of items to work on, look forward to seeing your progress.

Thank you, @ElleElleG!! And thank you for starting this thread!! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress and making it through these products!!

Yaaay! ๐Ÿ˜ So happy youโ€™ll be joining in this year @haleyvvvv! I lurked about previous pan threads before jumping in last year. One of the best things I decided to do - helped me get through products that were more challenging for me to work through, both items I included in my project pan as well as non-project pan products. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ 

Thank you, @itsfi!! I'm so excited!! I hope it will help me finish off some products.

Ooo I have that Vasanti gloss too! I wore it for the first time last week for a zoom meeting (thatโ€™s the most I do to look decent for work nowadays ๐Ÿ™ˆ) and have to say the colour is really pretty!! When I first got it in a GWP, I thought it was going to be another โ€œboring nudeโ€ but nope Iโ€™m pleasantly surprised! @haleyvvvv 

It is such a pretty opaque gloss, I was also pleasantly surprised, @Guessgal!!

@haleyvvvv Yes! So happy to see you here, I can't wait to see your progress!

Thank you, @Samtian!! 

I took a break in December from working on panning, but am ready to get back to it. Here's what I have lined up for 2021: 

2021 Pan It! Challenge.jpg

Spoiler
Project Pan: Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
2021 Goal: (i) Continue to work through this palette and make better progress on the shadows where I've already hit pan; and (ii) hit pan on 2 other shadows, one of which being either tar or sculpture (2nd and 3rd shades in last row)
Status (as of 1.1.2021): I've hit pan on 4 shadows and made small dents (though far from hitting pan) on 6 others.

Project Pan: Tarte Unleashed Eyeshadow Palette
2021 Goal: Pan at least 2 shadows, with a stretch goal of also hitting pan on either toad-ally or party animal (the last shades in rows 2 and 3)
Status (as of 1.1.2021): Pretty much brand new; I received this as gratis and have only used it for about a week.

Project Pan: Julep Be Strong Oxygen Nail Therapy
2021 Goal: Use it up by the end of the year
Status (as of 1.1.2021): Brand new

Project Pan: The Ordinary Hair Density Serum  
2021 Goal: Use it regularly. Will decide after the first quarter whether to keep working through it or to toss it.
Status (as of 1.1.2021): I may have used this a handful of times already, but there's still practically a full bottle left.

Project Pan: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Paarty)
2021 Goal: This blush got no love from me last year. My general goal is to use it more regularly, with a stretch goal of hitting pan by year-end.
Status (as of 1.1.2021): I've probably used it all of 6-8 times and that's a generous count.

Project Pan: Strivectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
2021 Goal: Just to work through this. I was good about using it at the beginning but haven't reached for it in forever.
Status (as of 1.1.2021): I probably have 85-95% of product left

Project Pan: Sephora Collection Brightening Eye Cream - Hydrate & Depuff
2021 Goal: To use it up. This is a nice eye cream; I'm just not very good about incorporating eye creams into my skincare routine and don't want this product to go to waste.
Status (as of 1.1.2021): I have about 90% of the product left.

Project Pan: Ciate Dewy Blush Glossy Cheek Tint (Papaya)
2021 Goal: Use it at least once per week and see how much I can get through. Will revisit at the end of the summer whether I want to keep working on it.
Status (as of 1.1.2021): Brand new. I may have swatched it once and used it once. 

Glad to see you'll be continuing with the Biba palette @itsfi !! Neutral/base palettes are such a win.  Excited to watch your progress!

I do love me some neutral palettes @ElleElleG! ๐Ÿฅฐ Biba and ND Glam are two of my faves. Iโ€™m interested to see how long it takes me to hit pan on all the shadows in this Biba palette. 

You're one of the reasons I keep considering whether to buy Biba or not @itsfi.  I would definitely use it but I have some other palettes with similar tones that I should probably get more use out of first.   

@ElleElleG, Biba is a beautiful neutrals palette. โ™ฅ๏ธ I hear ya on having palettes that have similar shades. Biba is part of the permanent collection and will be around. ND usually has some good deals at the end of the year too. So you have time to work through your other palettes; you never know, you may discover a hidden gem among the ones you already have! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi I'm secretly hoping she makes something similar to Biba in one of her larger 5-pan palettes or something in a medium size (6-9 shades) range.  Unless that happens (or Biba goes on a too-good-to-pass-up deal then I should be able to resist the purchase urge LOL

@ElleElleG, yes to both those ideas!! It would be great to see something like Biba as a 5-pan or medium palette. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I havenโ€™t been up to speed on all the ND releases, but it seems like itโ€™s been some time since sheโ€™s released an eyeshadow palette in either of those sizes. I could be forgetting one, but it seems like the most recent ones have been of the 15-pans or miniโ€™s. Fingers crossed that a Biba-esque palette in a 5-pan or medium size is in the works. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ Iโ€™m pretty sure I could find room for either (or both ๐Ÿ˜†). 

@itsfi  oh wow!  how long have you been working on the biba palette?  

@heartsmyface, I started working on the Biba palette on January 1 of last year. These were the only shadows I used for 11 months last year - I took a break in December, didn't wear any eyeshadow. I'm hoping to work through more shadows this year but want some more variety so I'll be using other shadows, including the ones in the Tarte palette. 

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg
  • Lotions 6.jpg