cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@itsfi I can't wait to see more pan!!

Awww thanks @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜ I hope to see more pan, too. 

@itsfi Canโ€™t wait to see you pan every single shade! So inspiring ๐Ÿ˜

Thank you @blackkitty2014! ๐Ÿค— I just have to keep chipping away at it, little by little. Weโ€™ll get through our stashes! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Just wanted to share that this is my first time panning an EOS lip balm (this one is Sweet Mint) and Iโ€™m surprised to find itโ€™s in the shape of a tire with holes that appear once the product is finished. After getting past the hole, thereโ€™s really nothing in the space underneath so the initial semi-sphere it came in is all of the product (WYSIWYG - what you see is what you get). I donโ€™t mind it though, since it did last me a while. However, I didnโ€™t find the balm that moisturizing and have had to reapply it multiple times throughout the day. I also donโ€™t like that I need to sanitize it often bc any lipstick residue will get caught in the perimeter of the balm, especially once the product is well-used. Based on the above, I wonโ€™t be repurchasing EOS balms after I finish up the other red one I have. Anyone else tried EOS balms before? What were your thoughts, both good and bad?

C7E971EC-0B68-4E26-AFE0-33D78206957A.jpeg

I haven't used an EOS balm in years, @Guessgal !  Completely agree that they don't add any moisture to the lips and I had at least one flavor break me out (and I don't break out easily).

Hey hey!! It's good to see you back on the boards @ElleElleG ๐Ÿ˜Š! I haven't had any lip products cause a reaction on my lips before. That sounds awful - glad you were able to identify that it was an EOS balm and steer clear of it though!

I've been lurking but need to step it up, @Guessgal . Yes, Im glad too.  Fortunately it was back before I wore lipsticks/glosses/etc so it was much easier to deal with.  

@Guessgal   Oh super interesting!  I love little surprises like that.  I tried EOS lip balms a long time ago but decluttered them all cause they were too waxy for my liking.  I guess theyโ€™re meant more as a lip barrier and not for hydration which isnโ€™t what I need in a lip product.  

@heartsmyface Ohhhh I think youโ€™re onto something with the lip barrier purpose! And yes, I remember the Bonne Belle days! I used to buy their clear glosses as lipstick toppers! Good times ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Guessgal Uh that is interesting to see. I have some, but they never get used.

Thanks guys for satisfying my curiosity @itsfi @Samtian It makes me wonder why EOS is so popular ๐Ÿค” I donโ€™t know anyone personally who had great experiences.

@Nickelliebear1 the Crystal Clear balms did look pretty neat! Too bad it wasnโ€™t a winner for you either. I havenโ€™t tried that version myself. @Emy10 Iโ€™m in Canada too. I see the Vita Citral on Amazon; is that where you got yours?

@Guessgal   K think theyโ€™re more popular amongst the younger crowd for their price point and fun flavours.  When we were younger Bonne Belle were the popular lip balms for that very reason.  

@Guessgal Probably the price point, promising flavors, and the commercials. 

@Guessgal no, i got it from a small spa place in my town where i go for pedicure and waxing, but Amazon seems to be the other general place to get it. But you could also check and ask at your pharmacy places ๐Ÿ˜Š

About EOS, i think the main reason why it was popular is because its a cute litte ball lollll and that they have certain flavors, they also advertise on tv and other places, but its really juste a fancy chapstick that isnt good. Some people might like it but mostly for the cute little ball ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@Guessgal EOS balms are bad imo.

Every person that i know that used them didnt like them because it dried theyre lips constantly.

It sucks to say, but i think that if you can, that its best to buy one of the better balms from brands like Bite, Tatcha and or my latest discovery that beats them all "Vita Citral Soin TR" (im in Canada so depending where you live you might not have it there, but you could check online). I preffer finding a real good one that works than to keep buying those that dont (i admit i love the finish of the Fresh Coconut balm, it gives a frosty effect on the lips thats super beautifull, but over time its drying...), so im not going to re-buy it.

This Vita citral beats every other balm i Ever tried. I put it on, 2h later i have new lips. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘Œ

@Guessgal, I have a couple of eos lip balms but I don't reach for them very often. Like you, I don't find them to be very moisturizing. I will likely end up decluttering them before the year is over, unless I decide to transfer the balm into a different container and use it to make a lip scrub. 

I had so many of the EOS balms when they first came to the Canadian market, never got close to panning one because I always misplaced them.  I didn't mind the Crystal Clear balms that came out in 2018.  They were a little more moisturizing but too soft and after using it a handful of times, the sphere came off. 

Here are the things I like to work on in 2021: 1) Finishing up all listed lippies and foundation and all listed face products that I already hit pan; 2) Hitting pan the rest of the listed productsโ€ƒ

9F4D3B6D-8EE6-4D37-AD3D-C9F1F83D0614.jpeg

60BBA29A-8BAF-481C-8BB8-D550328AAB44.jpeg

6EF7DB70-0F53-48CD-A76B-716A0BA1048D.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@blackkitty2014 what is the glitter item from your second pic??

And the almost empty one bottle from the third one?

@Emy10 the one looks liked glitter is actually not. Itโ€™s Guerlain Voyage Meteorites powder. I didnโ€™t buy the compact or case for it. Itโ€™s a good powder but I donโ€™t think itโ€™s worth the price. Their regular meteorite powder is just as good. And I just hit its pan yesterday ๐Ÿ˜€ The almost empty bottle is Tom Ford traceless foundation. I got it for half off when they discontinued the line. Itโ€™s kinda my summer shade. I currently canโ€™t wear it so hopefully I can finish it when Iโ€™m more tan.

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg
  • Lotions 6.jpg