cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

2021 Challenge located here: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge 🏆

It's time for a new decade, and a new Project Pan!

Before we dive into the details, I want to thank each and every one of you for joining me in another year of panning.  I cannot believe that this thread marks the 4th year of this challenge and how much it has grown over the years.  It's been a joy to witness so many of you participate and encourage others along the way.  For those of you thinking, "there's no way I can do that," think again!  We've all said that at one time or another, and some of the biggest skeptics have grown to take panning by storm.  Thank you all for your never ending inspiration 😘. Cheers to a new decade 🥂-Elle

Image result for hello 2020

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

Re: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

@Kaylabr, I completely missed that ColourPop had cream blush sticks. Will have to check them out later. I agree, Project Pan has been great not just for going through products but for finding new and different ways to use and combine them. ♥️

RE: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

I should have thought of doing thisooner, but I looked at my full-size Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Amulet and I get stupidly excited when I wear lipsticks down enough that I hit the logo that’s usually embossed in them 😂 this is such a good formula and I love how this color looks on me, even though I used to be scared it would be too dark! Fingers crossed I get to a reasonable pan on it in the next few months!

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

Wow @KeriCherryDee! You’re doing great! UD Amulet is such a beautiful shade! ♥️

Great job @KeriCherryDee . Full-size lipstick is so hard to pan 😘

Here are the items I’m working on

7AFE18F1-13BD-4503-8DA5-7EF7F3EABF87.jpeg9F0F7F44-96AB-41C9-BAE8-6E92A76F4947.jpeg6F913D25-5A4F-423A-A256-597752FD790E.jpegEFB259C5-6CCF-40A3-B5FC-B3154235BC7E.jpeg

@blackkitty2014  Wow it’s so satisfying to see how much progress you made!!

@blackkitty2014 How is the first one possible?!?!

@Samtian It’s only takes about 7-8 yrs 🤣😂

@blackkitty2014 Ahahaha! At least it's only single digit years.

Wow!!! 🤩 @blackkitty2014, you’re knocking it out of the park with your project pans! 🙌🏼 Awesome! 😎 

I cannot believe we're halfway through the year. I hope everyone and their loved ones are safe and well. June was a good month for my hair care and skincare pan items, but not good at all for my makeup products. 

I set the Natasha Denona Biba eyeshadow palette and the Tarte Paarty blush aside for most of the first half of June due to my allergies and then got distracted playing with some makeup I received as gratis. I did manage to get in a few days with the ND and here's what the palette looks like at the end of June. 
7.1.2020 (2).jpeg

I am going to make more of an effort to use prairiefrecklebuff and tone, with the goal of trying to pan at least one of those shades before fall starts.

7.1.2020 1).jpeg

I finished the bottle of the NCLA cuticle oil - yay! And my nails look better for it. Double yay! Progress continues with the Kerastase Nutritive 8H Magic Overnight Serum and the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish

For the last half of the year, I'll continue to work with the Natasha Denona Palette, the Tarte blush and the Kerastase hair treatment. I'll also bring in these new products to work on - 
7.1.2020 add ins.jpeg
Spoiler
Sephora Coconut Water Hydrating Mist - I'm a big fan of mists, especially in the warmer months and, as such, I have a (bad) tendency to keep more than a couple open at once.  I'm pretty sure this mist has been discontinued a while ago. Eek! Ideally, I'd use this one up before fall; but I'll be okay if I can get it done before the winter holiday. 😉 

I've been doing much better with being consistent with my nail care and I want to keep it up so I'm adding Butter London Horse Power and PS Sleeping Beauty Overnight Nail Mask to the mix. I've had these for a very long time. I know this because I don't think they make the Butter London anymore, or if they do, it's gone through a repacking. As for the nail mask, this was part of a sub box; how long ago? I've no idea. I'd like to finish both of these nail products by the end of the year.

Then there's the StackedSkincare Hydrating Lip Peel. I've not had good luck with getting this product to work for me, but I'm including it in my project pan to give it one last chance to work its magic, if it has any. lol. Instead of being a product I am aiming to finish, my goal for this one is to see if I want to keep it or if I want to de-stash it. I'm inclined to say the latter, but I want to give it a fair shake. My plan is to use it 2-3x per week from now until the end of September and I'll make my decision about it after that.

Oh my goodness @itsfi! Great job. 👍

Thank you @blackkitty2014! Working on these items has been a nice project to have while being home. 

@itsfi Great work! I love those colors in the palette.

Thank you @Samtian! This is the most progress I've ever made with a palette.

@itsfi Wow nice!! It's a good feeling! And kinda sad haha.

100% agree @Samtian! 😃 For whatever reason, in the beginning I didn’t want to use palette. At the time (and still true now), this was / is the most expensive palette I own. I picked it up with a gift card, on the day it launched in stores and was so excited I got my hands on it. Then it just sat in my drawer, because I didn’t want it to not be in pristine condition. So silly, I know. 😔 Then I thought I really should use it; hence, project pan. Now I’m like obsessed with using it all up! Hahaha! 😆 

Lookin good!  @itsfi add coco in there & those are some good fall colors if you dont get to them before 😉🎃🍂

Oooh yes @sonnydee!!! 😍😍 Coco and Rustic will definitely be part of the fall mix. I love the fall and these will be fun colors to use! 

RE: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

Halfway through this rollercoaster of a calendar year—let’s continue to stick together and we will make it out the other side! June 2020 Empties: -Burt’s Bees Moisturizing Lip Balm in Vanilla Bean 4.25 g/0.15 oz -Lume Deodorant Stick in Lavender Sage 62.3 g/2.2 oz (not a huge fan of the scent; unsure about repurchasing) -Live Clean Body Lotion in Fresh Water 500 ml/17 fl oz -Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea Body Cream in Warm Vanilla Sugar 226 g/8 oz -Kiss My Face Pure Olive Oil Soap bar 115 g/4 oz -Pure Romance Fragrance Mist in Flirt 120 ml/4 fl oz (95% done, sprayer doesn’t really spritz now) -destashed: Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal 2-in-1 Scrub & Cleanser Stick 70 g/2.5 oz (practically new but broke me out so horribly within a week that I actually cried looking at myself in the mirror. At first I thought it was purging some underlying acne but then my entire face erupted into these painful little whiteheads. Switched to a different cleanser and babied my face with moisturizer and it’s finally healing. I’m sad that Yes To products work either extremely well or spectacularly badly for me, as I like the company’s values and initiatives and price range and I’m trying to use more solid skincare items) -Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser 30 ml/1 fl oz (this is what fixed my face) -Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 30 ml/1 fl oz -Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment 8 ml/0.27 fl oz

Oh no @KeriCherryDee! 😱 I’m so sorry to hear about your skin reacting to that cleanser; I felt your pain when you said you cried looking in the mirror. 😢 Skincare can give us many highs and lows and it so often happens that we only find out what doesn’t work for us after trying it. Good idea to give your skin some TLC. I’m glad your breakouts from it are healing. 😃

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos207
  • Image-1 (16).jpg
  • IMG_5171.JPG
  • December 2019
  • I am going to join for 2020 these are my products. I also have a lot of perfume samples I want to use up.
  • Snapseed.jpg
  • 80962039_490329748286306_3239451337519267840_n.jpg
testing