Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

*12/15/19 - The 2020 thread is now live: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

👋🏾👋🏾👋🏾 Hi All!

Can y'all believe 2019 is literally knocking on the door??  Given its proximity it's high time we get the 2019 Panning Challenge Rolling.

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

May pan be ever in your favor!

Re: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Congratulations,  @trishavt! Great work!

@trishavt Wooo congrats!!

@trishavt Impressive!!

Smiley LOL WOW!  As I live and breathe.... @trishavt  I didn't think I'd ever see the day where full pan would show on one of these babies...this is inspiring!  (not all heroes where capes Heart) CONGRATS on this achievement! 

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 6.30.33 PM.png

Since I used up my elf bronzer I rolled in the Becca Sunrise Waves Bronzer so i can use that up

- Nars Duo: I may repress this into one pan as im only wearing it mixed together and never separately 

- Becca Moonstone: I love this but progress in minimal as im not wearing it too often

- Col-Lab Concealer: Finally i see how much i have left. I took out the topper and pushed all the product down to see where i was and im half way done. I think this is actually an amazing concealer so im using it before it goes bad

-Mac Brave and Velvet Teddy: I started using Velvet Teddy as a cream blush about a month ago and im in love with the tine especially when i want a monochromatic look. Brave is going slowly.

- Cover FX stick: I scraped this back into the tube as I found i wasnt using it if it was in the pan. This will be here for ages, I dont find i reach for this much in general.

Ive seen no progress on my fenty foundation, smashbox palette, bang beauty blush or anything else not pictured. I need to work through all this first before I can make progress on anything else so im hoping next update is better. 

Great progress as always @PaulinaAP! Love that you're incorporaging your products as different ways, using the MAC as a cream blush is brilliant!! 

@PaulinaAP Great job on panning all of these 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

another month - another late update!  i always take pictures the 1st day of the month but for some reason posting procrastination is real!!!  so here is where i am with the products i'm working on right now.  i'm at the point where i'm torn between wanting to be done with most of these and wanting to keep going.  

the test subject

my darling heat wave is so close to being finished...kinda...really it was just so close to the edges and the pan that it was getting increasingly difficult to get a brush to pick up product so i scraped as much as i could and repressed it into the empty compact from the bronzer i finished.  not sure how well it will hold up but we'll find out! 

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.26.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.25.46 AM.png

still working onScreen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.22.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.19.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.19.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.19.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.20.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.20.14 AM.png

finishedScreen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.09.58 AM.png

added inScreen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.14.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.02.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.03.06 AM.png

Better late tamhan never @sparklekai, and you know I'm the same with the late updates 🤷🏾‍♀️.  Seeing y'all work on so many products simultaneously is crazy inspiring! 

Pur blush - I've had this blush since April. of this year.  I noticed it only had a 6 month expiration from point of opening. This was a beautiful shade of pink and worked great in the summer. I'm surprised it was just the right amount. Unfortunately it is now starting to expire and I notice it in the performance and will be tossing it. 

Fenty Brow Pencil - I purchased this in Aug/Sept and have been using it everyday. I'm very glad I tried it, however, I'll be going back to my trusty Anastasia Brow Wiz. 

My next pan it project will be: 1) the Anastasia Subculture palette--I really want to get use out of it before it expires.  I've only used it a few times since I purchased. 

IMG-2790.JPG

Whew @thatjedininja, great job using up that blush! 

Natasha Denona mini sunset: Used this almost exclusively all summer. The last shade on the right is panned although very hard to see in the pics. Looking at the pics it's hard to tell I've used it much at all. The right shade is very loose and soft compared to the rest. 

Lorac POTC blush: I am sad this one is coming to a close! I can't believe I panned a highlighter in it. At the beginning of the year only the bold spirit sparkle topper was faintly panned. 

Natasha Denona blush and glow: I loved this blush for summer. I am setting aside the highlighter and have another full one of these I'm working the blush on but will probably transition to other hues over the winter. 

Viseart theory nuance: I'll likely work this more over the winter. 

Lorac pro: I want to grab this out more for winter also. This year I panned medallion and worked down pink nude, the rest had already been finished. 

IMG_1961.jpg

Go @CC3616 Go! Amazing how much better it feels when you pan items you enjoy 😉

@CC3616 Good job! I wish my ABH subculture palette looked half as close as that Lorac pallette...lol.  Although it's my favorite one from ABH, I have a love-hate relationship with it because some of the shades are naughty and won't blend.  But I've spent the money on it and don't want it to go to waste. lol. 

Amazing!  Good job.  @CC3616  Such a satisfying feeling. 

@CC3616 Wow so much panning goodness here!! Great job on all of it. It’s so hard to pan one thing let alone all these 🙂

@CC3616 Such great palette choices! Great job on hitting pan on so many shades. 

Best,

Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT and @trishavt!! These lovely items made it easy to use them up!

RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

I’ve hit that stage on a few items where they seem to magically regenerate overnight and they WILL. NOT. END. But progress is progress and I know by this time next year I will have so many things finished! September 2019 Empties: -Lush Blousey shampoo 240 g/8.4 oz -Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Baby Doll 2.8 g/0.1 oz -Living Proof T.B.D. Multi-tasking Styler 30 ml/1 fl oz -Ouai Haircare Volume Conditioner foil 7 ml/0.24 oz -destashed: a whole bunch of nail polishes (Zoya full-sizes and LA Colors minis) — they’re separating, the formulas started getting thick and clumpy quite a while ago, and neither of these brands stay on my nails without chipping on like day 3 no matter how much I prep. My sister left her nail polishes here (a couple of Essie and OPI) and she hardly ever does her nails so I’ll just use hers as I trial and error what brand(s) and formulas will actually stay on my nails without so much issue. Plus I changed jobs and I should probably stick to lighter and/or sheer, neutral and natural shades rather than the mix of super brights and super vampy darks I previously had

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Know the feeling @KeriCherryDee! Keep at it and once you hit it the product will seem to disappear even quicker! 

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

@KeriCherryDee  Lol that’s how I felt about things like gloss but keep at it! Eventually it will pan 🙂

testing