Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

*12/15/19 - The 2020 thread is now live: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ Hi All!

Can y'all believe 2019 is literally knocking on the door??  Given its proximity it's high time we get the 2019 Panning Challenge Rolling.

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

May pan be ever in your favor!

Re: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Nice pan there. The naked is one of my favorite palettes itโ€™s iconic 

Thanks @howconnie ! It's so nostalgic too

@RNGesusPls Great job!

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT !

Hello Fellow Panners, hope you all had an enjoyable 4th ๐ŸŽ‡.

Here is my May to July Progress.May 2019May 2019

June 2019June 2019

July 2019July 2019

All of my crease shades are gone so I've been reaching for my ABH singles quite a bit. Several shimmery/lid shades are close to being completely done which I'm very happy about. My favorite combo of late has been layering Belini on top of Brown Sugar,it produces a deep toned champagne-gold color that I love all over the lid.

When I started this project I excluded: Dark Navy, Mist, Vintage, Jet Black, Glacier, Deep Fog, Pomegranate, and Licorce. Surprisingly I've gotten a lot of use out of Jet Black with my brow concoction so I think I'm going to add that back in, and possibly exchange panning that for one of the shades I don't have pan in just yet.

This month I'm also restarting my official tracking of a single One Month One Palette which I stopped while relocating. I'll add photos of that palette later ๐Ÿ˜Š

Your panning progress pictures always blow me away, @ElleElleG ! Congrats on your progress!

Aww thank you @SpaceLlama 

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

@ElleElleG  You're a pro at panning eyeshadows! Great job ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Thanks gal ๐Ÿ˜˜

@trishavt 

Great work Panning 

Thank you @howconnie ๐Ÿ˜†

Nice job @ElleElleG 

Thanks @emaisgr8 ๐Ÿ˜

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 12.59.02 PM.pngI havent posted in a long time. To be honest i stopped tracking my panning because i was bringing in far too much product to actually enjoy using everything. So I started a low buy and i started a weekly makeup basket to get a chance to use everything. With that i also decided to pull a few products i truly enjoy using to attempt to use up. So here is the line up of products i wanna use up by the end of the year. 

Make Up For Ever HD powder mini- It was brand new when i started this little pan and im so excited about the progress.

Becca shimmering skin perfecter in moonstone- This also did not have a pan but yay there is some now. I love this as an everyday highlighter and id like to use majority up by 2020

Smashbox spotlight palette in pearl mini- I dont reach for it much but its beautiful and a mini so i wanted to challenge myself

Bang Beauty blush in smoked peach- this is new to me and ive only used it twice but i think its stunning

Nars hot sands and orgasm mini duo- this unfortunately has seen better days as it flew out of my makeup bag and i had t repress it. Formula isnt the same anymore so id love to use it up

Elf bronzer in golden- this one i repressed solely because i hated that it was 4 different colours and the result was inconsistent. Now i absolutely love it!

Sephora concealer- i love this for covering blemishes and i just want to work 80% of my concealer out of my collection

Fenty foundation- I really enjoy this and can see myself repurchasing. This shade is to fair for me so ive been using it with darker foundations to make them match. 

Colab concealer- Once again just trying to work it out. This shade is a little pink for me but it covers beautifully.

Cover FX concealer sticks- I dont think they sell these anymore but i really enjoy them. I just dont want them to go bad

Both primers- I enjoy them i just want to get some use out of them. Ive already finished 2 minis of the nude by nature one and this is my last one.

Mac velvet teddy and brave- these are my two oldest lipsticks and i forgot about how much i love them. I want to use them up so i can back to mac them and slowly start working out my non cruelty free products.  

I dont think ill ever be completely cruelty free but i do want to work out as much as i can. 

Hope your low buy is going well @PaulinaAP it's interesting how panning can lead you into low buy territory. Can't wait to see your progress as you go along! 

My July goal is to keep working on this Tarte Bronzer and Tom Ford quad. I may have to introduce another palette or quad into the mix for the sake of making my eye looks less monotonous. 

5380E5CF-D430-4602-AE10-5C5D237215E5.jpeg

EAA1D59E-8A15-47B9-B33E-A3AA97E5D28B.jpeg

I panned a couple Tarte park ave princess bronzer, great job. That Tom Ford palette is a great choice for Panning, lots of progress. 

How long did did it take to pan the palette?

I said goodbye to this Marc Jacobs contour powder after unsuccessfully trying to make it work. It was patchy and had a slight orange undertone on me. Just wasnโ€™t feeling it so had to toss it!

504E74B8-54F5-49D3-9710-120C5A5A1443.jpeg

Looks done to me great job

*singing * Bye Bye Bye ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝ 

You did a great job with this product @trishavt 

@trishavt   Oh wow, you seriously did get your moneyโ€™s worth with that one!  Did it go patchy on you or was it always like that and you just discovered better formulas? 

Photos463
  • Lorac Mega Pro 3
  • ABH Master Palette by Mario
  • ABH Modern Renaissance
  • Urban Decay Naked
  • Urban Decay Naked
  • Too Faced Chocolate Bar
  • Too Faced Chocolate Bar
  • Tarte Tartelette
  • Tarte Tartelette
  • 20181108_222823.jpg
  • IMG_20181203_180306.jpg