Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

*12/15/19 - The 2020 thread is now live: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

👋🏾👋🏾👋🏾 Hi All!

Can y'all believe 2019 is literally knocking on the door??  Given its proximity it's high time we get the 2019 Panning Challenge Rolling.

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

May pan be ever in your favor!

Re: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

So my pan project is a little different. My goal has been to use every shade I own at least once, and decide from there what to work on.  I've made some progress. I own (to me) too many haha. But you bet I have no problem adding to the collection. This is looking to be a year long project before I can actually start panning. Mind you, this is just what I test out mostly on the days I work. Though some colors I'm too scared to try at work haha. But here is what I have so far in 2019:

Spoiler
UD AmmoUD AmmoMorphe 3502Morphe 3502TF BoudoirTF BoudoirUD BasquiatUD BasquiatJS ThirstyJS ThirstyTF RomanticTF RomanticSome SinglesSome SinglesSmashbox JingleSmashbox JingleUD ReloadedUD ReloadedKVD Pastel GothKVD Pastel Goth

This is a great way to make sure you use every product you own, @Samtian!

@curlychiquita  Thanks! It can be a challenge at times.

@samtian, I love this challenge! What a fun way to use ev...

@Samtian, I love this challenge! What a fun way to use every eyeshadow you own!

Re: @samtian, I love this challenge! What a fun way to use ev...

@angelKiss24It is fun for sure! But that also means you have to use some colors I wouldn't normally touch lol.

What a good undertaking @Samtian  Good luck with it! 

@sprocketta  Thank you!

I’m doing shockingly well finishing products in April-yay! 

Ive also been trying to pan for forever on the KA highlight! It’s so pigmented that you only need a bit! Finally...pan!!! I can’t believe how excited I am by something not “life changing important”. YAYYYY!! 9D250F61-1205-4F0F-A50C-0BA2915C05F7.jpeg

YAY!!! Congrats @pinyo!!!

@pinyo Congratulations! 

Best,
Rebecca

I made progress a lot faster than I expected to for April which is a good thing but now I need to update my panning project. 92D95038-859D-4C68-AA54-2657926BA166.jpeg

The Dior concealer I didn’t need use up but it does absolutely nothing so I am decluttering it. The Jill Stuart jelly pot eyeshadow is dried up and even fix plus isn’t helping, so its gone.  I’ve rediscovered a favourite in the Nars radiant tinted moisturizer.  The UD eyeshadow I’ve been using more as a blush.  It’s so pretty on the cheeks. The eyeliner has mysteriously gone missing.  Baby or cat?  I’m leaning toward cat cause I haven’t found any fun colouring projects on the wall...yet.C20D3465-6CBE-4B34-BDAF-90BC0D304D2F.jpeg

My new lineup for April:) 

@heartsmyface Awesome job! So many great products 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

@heartsmyface what is in between the Jill Stuart and the Wander in the bottom pic? Looks like a lip gloss and a pretty one 🤩

It’s  jill Stuart sweet illumination jelly lip gloss @eshoe 

Thank you @heartsmyface it’s very pretty!

That's amazing progress on April's group to pan @heartsmyface !  Love that you're using the UD shadow as a blusher!  Whatever works right?  Looks like some great products that you've added in to the new group.  Those lip colours look like they're great shades for spring!

@heartsmyface your pan is going so well! I love using products for other purposes 😂😂  would love to hear your thought so on the milk primer when you make it through it!

@cianni  For sure!  So far it feels like an extremely moisturizing primer.  Slightly sticky but mostly tacky.  I really like it so far which is a bad thing cause I’m trying to get through some of my primers before buying more.  

I missed my update at the beginning of March, but kept working on a few items over the last two months.

I finished off my Philosophy Body Lotion witch brings me down to 17 of 19 to go!

The two X's are finished now.  Green circles are ones that I've been working on and seen some improvements.The two X's are finished now. Green circles are ones that I've been working on and seen some improvements.This was full and is now down to where my finger is!This was full and is now down to where my finger is!Lip gloss is down to where my nail is, was full at the beginning of the yar and only had a bit used in january.Lip gloss is down to where my nail is, was full at the beginning of the yar and only had a bit used in january.This was at the end of January.  The body lotion is now done and the ordinary toner now only has about a half cm left in it, should be done by the end of April!This was at the end of January. The body lotion is now done and the ordinary toner now only has about a half cm left in it, should be done by the end of April!My progress on the small eye palette at the end of January.My progress on the small eye palette at the end of January.my progress at the end of March.  The pale pink shade will be used up by the end of April, I'll keep working on the pale purple, but the dark purple, green and gold are not shades I like and patchy.  I've been trying to use them as a bit of an eyeliner, but it's super slow going and I'm not convinced that I'll get through them.my progress at the end of March. The pale pink shade will be used up by the end of April, I'll keep working on the pale purple, but the dark purple, green and gold are not shades I like and patchy. I've been trying to use them as a bit of an eyeliner, but it's super slow going and I'm not convinced that I'll get through them.

@missjeanie , is the Ordinary a toning solution?  Do you like it?  I have that one.  I love all the Ordinary products that ive tried but not that one.  For some weird reasons, i dont think it does anything for me 😞

It is a toner @blackkitty2014 .  I liked it well enough when I first started using it, however I've never been much of a toner person.  I think I liked it because it was low cost, and it got me using a toner.  But now that I've used it for some time.... I know it's not really doing anything for me.  I use stronger actives so I don't think this has a chance to do much.  I have picked up the Tarte knockout toner and I think I like that one better, I can feel it doing something. 

testing