Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

*12/15/19 - The 2020 thread is now live: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

👋🏾👋🏾👋🏾 Hi All!

Can y'all believe 2019 is literally knocking on the door??  Given its proximity it's high time we get the 2019 Panning Challenge Rolling.

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

May pan be ever in your favor!

Re: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Look at that pan @heartsmyface , I'm so proud 😘

Nice progress! I feel you on switching goals...I have done the same in the middle of a challenge either to mix things up or toss something that didn't work out. I have a bronzer/contour powder that may go in my discard pile soon bc its too orange for me.

@heartsmyface Good job! Sometimes I use the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Shadow Rushas an eyeshadow and blend it out to be a more defused look! 

Best,
Rebecca

i had march 1st off work...i took these pictures on march 1st...its still the 15th before i'm updating! why can't i get my life together?!

purple (items from 2015)

starting with 14 items 

finished 1

working on 7

progressScreen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.21.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.22.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.23.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.24.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.25.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.20.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.21.09 AM.png

pink (items from 2016)

starting with 143 items

finished 4 

working on 11

decluttered 2

finishedScreen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.17.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.17.47 AM.png

progressScreen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.15.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.16.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 9.02.38 AM copy.png

added inScreen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.29.56 AM.png

yellow (items from 2017)

starting with 182 items 

finished 6

working on 5

finishedIMG_4611.jpeg

progressScreen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.26.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.27.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.28.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.26.58 AM.png

added inScreen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.30.22 AM.png

Wow, your killing it on the palettes!   @sparklekai 

@sparklekai This is amazing. What brand are the big eye shadow palettes from? 

@PenelopeBT a way late response but the big blue one is the lorac mega pro 2 and the other one is the too faced chocolate bar

@sparklekai Thank you! 🙂

So much eyeshadow progress; love it @sparklekai 

@sparklekai Amazing job getting through so many products!

Best,

Rebecca

@sparklekaiI skipped my March 1 photos and your reminding me that I've been slacking on my 19 in 19!  Gonna go get some products out to use this week!

I love your progress, @sparklekai!

RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Hi Pan It Peeps! I’m a little late with my Feb update. I’m only showing photos of those items that actually lost weight. The first two are not surprising because I love them and use them daily. I use the Mac Yogurt eyeshadow as an all over color with every look. So, I’m not surprised it lost 4 grams this month. The Mac lipstick in Syrup is a little slower in progress at 2 grams, even though I use it daily. It’s always the color I use as I leave the house, hoping to finish it up! I am MORE surprised that it did not lose weight last month. Weird. I was thrilled that the Hoola bronzer lost 2 grams. Early in Feb I decided I cannot deal with this little deluxe sample any longer. The color is a terrible match for my very pale skin. I am modifying my original goal from: finishing the whole thing, to: just hit pan. Ditto for the Tarte blush. I hate that I won’t meet my original goal, but I have to be true to myself and wear colors that work for me.

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

This is really impressive, @christyrc!

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Great progress @christyrc! It's a smart idea to adjust your goals. You should use makeup you enjoy before forcing yourself to finish a product that isn't making you happy.

Two unexpected microscopic baby pans today:Diorskin Nudeair Luminizer & HG Edit IVDiorskin Nudeair Luminizer & HG Edit IV

@eshoe you are so cute! love your little pan 😉

@eshoe you are so cute! love your little pan 😉

@eshoe Oh baby pan is sooooo a thing now!  😂

Well look at that, I’m right on trend @heartsmyface 😆 Because these are all about zooming in, ha!

@eshoe i dont care if it is baby pan.  It is amazing.  I have couple Hourglass palettes and seems liked they last forever.  They're refusing to die 😉

I could only hope this one doesn’t die, @blackkitty2014! My Mood Exposure is lasting forever though😊

testing