Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2018 Challenge!

**11/30/18: The 2019 Challenge Thread is now live: 

Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Updated 10/13/18: "

It's an all out panning blitz, aka USE IT ALL UP!  Finish up those lingering products, hit as much pan as you can, and declutter those things you simply aren't in to.  As @sparklekai noted, we need a fresh start to 2019.

Updated 8/2/18: Ten by 10/10 Challenge

Spoiler
We're more than half way done with 2018 which means it's time to reinvigorate our motivation to pan.  The rules are simple, pick 10 things that you would like to finish and let us know what they are (photos welcome). Remember this is about you and your collection. Pick what works for you and know that there are no right or wrong choices! 

Updated 5/31/18: New Mini Challenge

Spoiler

FOUR by July 4th Challenge:

We're adding a mini challenge to the mix.  Check your stash and pick at least 4 items that you would like to complete by July 4th.  Any product goes and you are more than welcome to pick items in your respective Project Pan.  This is a good chance to finish products that have lingered in your collection and it should provide some motivation to persist with other panning projects.  Let us know which items you aim to finish by July 4th and of course provide photos if possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hey Everyone! As promised, here is our 2018 Panning Challenge Thread.  To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

I will be adding information from the 2017 thread over the next few days but to get us started please share the following:  

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please use this thread to: 

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a committment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particilar shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Need some ideas to help you along the way?  Here are a few:

Spoiler
  • Pan a look:  At the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday Recreate a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an “everyday” look by throwing a different color in your crease or on your lower lash line
  • Roll the dice: pick 2-3 of your most underused shades in your palette and create a look.

For those interested, the 2017 thread can be found here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2017-Challenge/m-p/3604282#M317495

Happy Panning!

Re: Pan It! - 2018 Challenge!

I’m genuinely impressed by how quickly all you ladies pan! Idk how you guys do it...I can never seem to get through my stash! I’ve used this contour set almost every time I’ve contoured. It’s lasting forever! Which is great, but also bad because I have 3 other contours I’d like to start also! 

March 2017

D47C6866-5FC9-4F92-B29E-A6D35059878A.png

Jan 2018 

32341A74-E29D-41EA-8C72-02D7DD752A09.jpeg

Before we put the final stamp on our 2018 projects I need to share the results of our end of the year panning blitz.

Dec. 2018Dec. 2018

Dec. 2018 <pan in Kim & Isabel are new>Dec. 2018 <pan in Kim & Isabel are new>

Nov. 2018Nov. 2018

Dec. 2018 <significant pan in Raw Sienna & Primavera>Dec. 2018 <significant pan in Raw Sienna & Primavera>

I managed to hit more pan but you'll have to check the 2019 thread to see it 😉😉

Thank you for giving us an update @ElleElleG! Great job on the shadows you've hit pan on & started to hit pan on! 🙂

Thanks @HelenBT 💕

first amazing job this year pan pals!!!!

second...i suck 😛 i got all ready to take pictures of the items i finished in the last round of this project and realized...i threw them all out! i did my yearly makeup empties..which included these...and then threw everything out!  so these are the 5 items i finished at their last check point

IMG_3988.jpeg

IMG_4073.jpeg

IMG_4076.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 12.13.39 PM.png

& these 5 i had progress on but didn't finish!

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 12.11.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 12.12.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 12.12.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 12.13.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 12.14.38 PM.png

Congratulations,  @sparklekai!  I agree with @ElleElleG, you're an inspiration!

Lol, just admit it @sparklekai you were ready to get rid of those items 😉

Fantastic job this year, you've been a true inspiration! 

thank you @ElleElleG & @curlychiquita!!  thankful to have you ladies to keep me motivated!

RE: Pan It! - 2018 Challenge!

The final few empties of 2018! I’m looking forward to 2019 and clearing some space!! December 2018 Empties: -Alterna Caviar Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist 41 ml/1.4 fl oz -Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Chocolate 0.085 g/0.003 oz -Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm 4.25 g/0.15 oz -Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel 7 g/0.25 oz

Final Update for my Year Long Projects! 

Huda Beauty Smoky Obsessions Starting Point, July 2018Starting Point, July 2018

Last Update, Nov. 2018Last Update, Nov. 2018

Last Use, Mid-December 2018Last Use, Mid-December 2018

Still can't believe I panned this palette in 5 months. Despite the cheaper price point I still don't think these palettes are worth it if you want them for everyday use. They are however handy if you want to play with new/different color stories.

Urban Decay Shadows

Some of you will recall that I pulled out the few shades I actually enjoyed,  from the Naked 1 & 2, & placed them in a magnetic palette (April 2018). I knew I wouldn't finish either palette but I did want to use them as much as I could before discarding them.

April 2018April 2018

Oct. 2018Oct. 2018

Nov. 2018Nov. 2018

Final, Mid-Dec. 2018Final, Mid-Dec. 2018

Naked 2 - Dec 2018Naked 2 - Dec 2018

Naked 1 - Dec 2018Naked 1 - Dec 2018

So happy to see these go.  These were my two eldest palettes and, in hindsight, they weren't for me. Formula-wise these Urban Decay eyeshadows are subpar and I noticed further deterioration in application and pigmentation while using them this past year.

Including these three I managed to finish and declutter 6 eyeshadow palettes from my collection this year. 

This is amazing,  @ElleElleG!  What a great job on these palettes!

Thanks for all your support @curlychiquita

💚💚

That's amazing @ElleElleG!

Thank you @ShortErica

💖💖

Wow @ElleElleG!  I hope to see the bottom of a few UD palettes this year.  

You got this @Indy701

💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾

@ElleElleG my eyes widened when I saw that Huda palette...I cannot imagine the effort you put into that, I am amazed and admire your work here😄 Congratulations to you, that is quite impressive!!

Awwww 😊 thanks @eshoe

@ElleElleG WOW! 6 palettes, you rocked it this year.. And 2019 we are free of viseart PP palettes too, cheers to us! 

OMG I've never been happier to get rid of something in my life @CC3616

Can you believe I briefly contemplated buying another one during the 20% off sale on sale items 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️

We deserve an award for trying as much as we did with that freaking palette. 

1,875 Replies
testing