Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2017 Challenge!

After chatting with a few of you it seems we were in need of an official "Project Pan" thread for longterm projects to get some use out of our respective makeup collections.  All are welcome to participate!

To accommodate various interests the purpose of this thread is for participants to pick at least 1 item (preferably an eyeshadow palette) to use for at least a month (for a "one month one palette") or until December 31, 2017.  You do not have to use the selected item(s) exclusively and working on simultaneous items is more than OK!

**No project is too big or too small, you know your collection, your goals, and your limitations, do what works best for you!**

Please use this thread to: 

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

To get started let us know:

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 🙂
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you have committed to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else

Need some challenges/ideas to help you along the way?  Here are some:

Spoiler
  • Pan a look:  At the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday Recreate a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an “everyday” look by throwing a different color in your crease or on your lower lash line
  • Roll the dice: pick 2-3 of your most underused shades in your palette and create a look

Prefer to pan other color items like highlighters or blush?  Feel free to share your items, goals, and progress as well 😉

Now let's see some pan!

**2018 Panning Challenge Thread located here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2018-Challenge/m-p/3604337#M317498

Re: Pan It! - 2017 Challenge!

That is so kind @MissPuff Awesome! 

That’s so great! Those women are going to appreciate some much needed self-care.

Hmm, I thought this would be further along, but I do see some progress on my one item showing pan!

AugustAugust

DecemberDecember

Very nice progress @sister13 !!  This is precisely why I love taking photos; this powder will be gone in no time!

Great progress

@sister13 Nice progress!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Pan It! - 2017 Challenge!

You ARE making progress, @sister13! You'll get there; I know you will!

I never think I would see the day but I think I will finish my Guerlain Teint Rose sometimes next year 2018. Only takes me 5 yrs 😂 IMG_8323.JPG

IMG_8324.JPG

Very nice @blackkitty2014!  This looks like a product that would last quite a while, nice bang for your buck.

Anonymous Insider

You go, @blackkitty2014!  You can do it!

I'm showing my newbie-ness, but... is it a blush? Are they powders or clay/cream? Or am I completely out in left field? (Genuinely curious. I've never seen this!)

@Susubee, They are finishing powder. They are similar to Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder but more subtle and more expensive 

It looks like it has been well worth it in regards to the use you've gotten from it!

I'm so intrigued how all the little orbs blend together - I need to go find videos. 

Somebody i forgot whom posted before that she was using it everyday and it lasted her 2 yrs or so.  So yes, if you can get it during the sale and the right color for you, i think it is worth it because a jar seems to last forever 🙂

Not sure why I never noticed this before, but I definitely want in for 2018! I plan to use up all my Nars blushes and then order a single Nars pro palette, so that all of my Nars facial powders are in one palette rather than scattered all over the place. I've been avoiding buying anything from Nars for a while now because I had this in mind. 

I also want to use up all of my skincare samples, since my collection now fills a small tupperware box. I've been trying to get through them for months now, so I'm going to start using them up on my neck and decollete.

Great idea to use what you have then create your own palette!  You've reminded me that I need to reexamine my samples stash and put those to use!  

Glad you'll be joining 😁

I’m looking forward to doing this challenge for 2018!  I am choosing the Naked2 palette as my main panning project but will pull together a few more items to work on that’ll compliment it.  

Yay glad to hear you'll be joining the fun for 2018.  Can't wait to know about the other items you'll add 😘

I've been participating but haven't posted. I can't seem to get a good photo that shows any progress. When I started I had 4 products to use. I narrowed it down to 2, and use them for work. I'll try and get a photo uploaded this week. I 'm happy to announce I'VE HIT PAN!!! For the first time in my life!

Thanks everyone!

Woohooo!!!!!  Congrats on your panning achievement!!!  @Samtian

213 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos80
  • Jan 2017
  • Feb 2017
  • Mar 2017
  • Apr. 2017
  • May 2017