Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

No-buy

I went way overboard with purchases this month (2 orders with Sephora last week alone).  So I decided to put myself on a "no-buy" for the entire month of July.  Has anyone successfully done this before?  I know I won't be able to read fashion and beauty blogs or open emails from my favorite stores, but any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: No-buy

Hi!  I am definitely going to be joining everyone on this no-buy at least for the month of January.  I went a little overboard with purchases (particularly at Sephora) recently, and since I feel like I have everything I absolutely need right now, I'm not going to buy any beauty products in the rest of January. Wish me luck! Smiley Happy

Okay I am in for a no buy for January. I've gotten everything I need (and then some!) so I'm pretty much set for several months. I wont buy anything unless I completely run out of something.

i'm with ya! no more unnessary makeup purchases! 

i just have a $5 extracare coupon from CVS that i was originally planning to use on some makeup (who knows what) but i'll spend that on any other pharmacy/personal care needs. Smiley Happy 

and if i can successfully make it to February then maybe i'll reward myself with something? (eeek)

I'm pretty proud of myself right now.  Since I bought the Naked 2 palette I haven't purchased anything else unnecessary from December 1!  (I did get the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer at Nordstrom, but that was Christmas money that my mother in law insisted I had to spend on myself, not on paying bills.  The rest of the money went for a new sports bra and cell phone.)  I also managed to clean out quite a bit of clutter from my walk-in closet and my bathroom (empty shoeboxes and papers are gone from the closet; old expired stuff underneath my bathroom cabinets are gone.) 

I'm already feeling less stressed because of less clutter in our bedroom/closet/master bath!  Maybe I should take advantage of those bath bombs in the Lush bag in my closet and use one...the warm water will actually feel really good on my sprained ankle, too.

171 Replies
Conversation Stats