Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

No-buy

I went way overboard with purchases this month (2 orders with Sephora last week alone).  So I decided to put myself on a "no-buy" for the entire month of July.  Has anyone successfully done this before?  I know I won't be able to read fashion and beauty blogs or open emails from my favorite stores, but any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: No-buy

@prettyinpa I just googled "Sephora Black Friday 2011" and I found a link to Sephora's Facebook Fan page that had all the deals. HAHA! yes, Facebook can getting addicting... thats why I try to stay away from it as much as possible!

Did you need any clarification for the black friday deals? I can try to help since I can see the facebook page.

I just received a ULTA ad in the mail and they are having a 2 day sale and they are offering the FULL sized Benefit Thrrob and Benefit Georgia boxed powders for $19! ( both items are $19)

These boxed powders are discontinued, and these full sizes are not made anymore bc Benefit has decided to decrease the amount they give.

So I might have to break my no buy if I see this in stock. >_<

I got a $3.50 off coupon as well, and still have my previous 20% off coupon thats still valid.

@katie723- Thanks for the offer to look up the Black Friday Deals on Facebook for me!  How sweet!

dianabt posted that we are supposedly going to get an email with details and from your other post, I think I might be interested in the Stila Glitz and Glam palette and the travel brush set, we'll see how much of a turkey coma I am in tonight when the sale starts. lol!

@sephoramusthave- I am going to ULTA on Friday because I probably won't have much to do and will be in a city that has an ULTA.  I'll check out their sale items, some of them look pretty good!

oh good, you did see that @sephoramusthave! I meant to post that earlier this week! I think I'm going to pick it up...

Did you end up getting it?

I didnt end up having time to pick it up or see if they have it in stock because of Thanksgiving. You cant exactly leave and do what you want with a house full of family members that have flown in from different states just to see you.

But I have no regrets because I dont NEED any more blush. Heaven knows that the 3 that I do have will last me ages.

@sephoramusthave blushes seem like the hardest to go through (along with eye shadows for  me)! especially since i only apply a light touch of it everyday! but they're also fun to switch up!

i definitely don't need anymore blush either! they were sold out by the time i checked online friday night, and the store i stopped by on saturday didnt have it. based on the swatches i was able to find online, i don't think i really need them! 

i'm glad we both ended up not getting something we don't need! 

Highlighted

i was reading reviews on those two blushes on makeupalley but they weren't very good! you two dodge a bullet!

Anyone planning on doing a December No-Buy? I'm determined to complete a No-Buy for a whole month, since I didn't complete it during October and November. In October, I broke it by purchasing BE and MAC products at an outlet. In November, I broke it by purchasing sets at Sephora and one set at Ulta during Black Friday.

I will be doing a December Make-up No Buy, simply because I have some skin care, hair and brush cleaner products that I need to buy. I absolutely do not need any more makeup, especially since I ordered a ton of mascaras during Sephora's Blk Friday and the BE blush+lip set. I'm focusing on finishing up makeup products so I can shop at the end of June without feeling bad!

Since today is December 1st (finally!), I'm going to Lush to pick up a new large bottle of Tea Tree Water Toner! With the new Sephora Holiday gift card deal (whenever I receive it...) I will be purchasing the Murad Acne Body Spray. Finally, once I completely run out of my MAC brush cleanser, I will be purchasing a new bottle from Parian Spirit. Those are the only necessities that I can think of at the moment!

Wish me luck, because I will need it! Smiley Tongue

Hi katie723!

That's a GREAT idea.. I should be spending my money on gifts for others rather than myself. Does a no buy count if I did an order last month, or am doing a back to mac? lol Smiley Happy

It can be hard to keep myself from buying items. And being a part of Sephora's team and seeing all the cute sets and items coming out is SUCH temptation!  Good luck to you and I think I will try the same! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
18 Replies
Conversation Stats