Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined Smiley Happy.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! Smiley Very Happy)

Re: No Buy July!

Ah I did too. MAC and target were my weaknesses today. This is going to be tough but I need to do this!

Oooh was it from the Tropical Taboo collection?

Surprisingly no! I'm very new to MAC products so this past week I got some of the staples that everyone seems to love:
    Paint pot in Painterly
    Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle
    Pro longwear concealer
    Lipstick in Creme Cup
    Travel size of Fix+

I tried to get things that I know I would use (almost) every day! Those new displays are very tempting though...

Not enabling any purchases from MAC or anything, but Satin Taupe is a must in your collection, I think Smiley Happy

Maybe an August purchase! Haha if you have any other MAC recommendations let me know... I'm a newbie!

If you like powder foundations I HIGHLY recommend the MAC studio fix powder foundation! I've been using it for 4+ years now and it's the only type of foundation that has never let me down. Medium-full coverage (depending on what kind of brush you use), long lasting, does not disappear throughout the day.

For eyeshadows, MAC sable and MAC gleam. 

Blush, I really love MAC's well dressed. It's nice for everyday.

I'll definitely have to try that (In August of course Smiley Wink ) Have you tried Mineralize Skinfinish Natural? They caught my attention last time but not sure if its worth it.

Haven't seen Well Dressed in person but online that looks like SUCH a pretty pink.

Thanks for the recommendations. If you remember any more, let me know!

Yes, I do have the MAC MSFN! Smiley Happy I got lucky and found it at a Cosmetic Company Outlet for $10 cheaper! I usually use it for setting my foundation. Works greats and makes your makeup look natural. Doesn't cake up if you use it along with liquid foundation. If you dont really need any coverage, concealer and the MSFN will do Smiley Happy

Ah look at you! Bargain shopping always feels so much better doesn't it? You've been such a help Smiley Happy can't wait til august so I can go do a little shopping!

You're lucky to be able to use MAC's mineralize products! They are amazing items, but they just don't agree with my skin.

I can, however, recommend the blush in Springsheen (a better version of NARS Orgasm!)

I was so afraid of MAC face products breaking out my skin! Only the liquid foundation do. Also, I cant use MAC lipsticks because there's some ingredient in there that I'm allergic to. Which sucks because comparing MAC lipsticks to higher end ones at Sephora, they're much cheaper and have such pretty colors!

Surprisingly the foundations didn't break me out, but it made me look like Oompa Loompa by the 3 hour mark!  lol MAC's purple/reddish eyeshadows made my eyes so swollen, I have steered clear.

Woo! Happy 1st everyone! Smiley Happy

I was so going to join this challenge but HauteLook has Stila on sale today so I way fold on the first day of the month Smiley Sad sigh, maybe August?

I had to resist the sale myself! Feel free to join the no buy party whenever! Smiley Happy

Good luck ladies.  I'm not strong enough to complete this challenge.  My birthday is this month so I think a no-buy will be impossible.  Does using a gift card count?  Ha. 

Happy birthday to you! A no buy birthday month will definitely be difficult for just about anyone, lol.

Using a gift card definitely doesn't count, it's not "your" money, it's a gift in monetary form!  It's not like you can go buy groceries with it instead.

Lets not forget the Ariel Collection releases in stores this month girls!!! ♥

I'll be counting on you for a review of the palette! Smiley Happy I can't pull off the blues on a day to day basis but it sure looks GORGEOUS!

You got it honey Smiley Happy

655 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • swfupload_5566342746321271984.jpg
  • squirrel.jpeg
  • lalalalala.jpeg
  • swfupload_3740293265458070666.jpg
  • mk.jpg
  • swfupload_6824160527587999697.jpg
  • image.jpg