Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined Smiley Happy.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! Smiley Very Happy)

Re: No Buy July!

I'm still going strong. Hope you, gals, are too!! Smiley Happy

Still hanging in here. Just the lip color from CVS right at the beginning of the month and the $3 from a gift card nail polish splurge. A friend gave me some nice samples yesterday and a kind soul here is sending me the one thing I wanted to order, so I even have some new goodies without going to a store. 

I even went to CVS with two extra bucks certificates and got nothing from the beauty aisles. (I used my 20% coupon and bucks toward replacement magnifier glasses to help with my needlework so that I can make a dent in one of my other bad spending habits. And I limited my spending at our needlework stash sale to $18 which is phenomenal for me.)

Those aren't bad purchases at all, especially with the CVS rewards program! Smiley Happy

By strict rules, I blew the opportunity to have a true no-buy July since the very beginning of the month. But, I have made a significant effort to spend less, and I can definitely notice a difference on my credit card bill. I've stopped eating out (except on special occasions) and try not to buy anything (beauty or otherwise) unless I really need it. Beauty wise I have my Birchbox and Ipsy subscriptions, and I bought myself the OCC Lip Tar Vol. 3 set and a couple sale brushes with a sephora gift certificate for my birthday ($10 out of pocket after the gift card...thank you sales tax).

That's probably all I would have been tempted to buy for the month if I didn't see that Hautelook Summer Favorites bag...Since it's only available for a few days and it's such a good deal I couldn't resist. Sigh...

I also bought shampoo/conditioner and nailpolish remover at Bed Bath & Beyond. Right now I'm halfway through bottles of Organix Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner without any backup and they had one of each left in 50% more free sizes. I also had a coupon, so I ended up getting them super cheap. The nailpolish remover was a necessity, since I'm literally about to run out.

I somehow feel better confessing my "slip ups". All in all, I didn't spend a ton of $$, so I feel okay about that. I think I'm going to keep myself on a no-buy unless there is something truly amazing out there I have to spring for (and even then, maybe only one time a month).

I bet it feels good to put it out there Smiley Happy. I actually went ahead and bought the clutch I had shown earlier as a pat in the back for not buying anything beauty related the last two weeks. I told myself that if I can bring myself to splurge on Tom Ford and Suqqu palettes, I should channel such spending on a high end clutch that I can use on a day to day basis and carry me into the fall and winter months -- at the very least! That has definitely been my splurge of the month, and I'm perfectly fine with it being on a non-cosmetic item.

Here's to being satisfied with our current makeup stash! Smiley Happy

sounds like we're doing pretty well so far!  I have to say I'm surprised at how well this no buy has been going for me.  I've tried no-buys before and usually failed miserably.  I think this support thread really helps a lot, to know that others are making a serious effort to cut back on purchases, so I'm not alone in this crazy endeavor!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm almost tempted to call this the Beautyholics Anonymous thread Smiley Wink

I agree about having this support.  I am so glad that I am not doing this alone.  Many thanks to you all!

Thank YOU as well! Keep up the great work, ladies! Smiley Happy

This is my first no buy and I'm doing great so far despite all of the fall collections coming out. I'm thinking of maybe doing a no buy every other month.

The ultimate No Buy July test: I went into a Sephora today, and DIDN'T BUY ANY MAKEUP. Woo!

Can't say I was an angel though because I got myself a rollerball perfume (Flowerbomb - Viktor & Rolf), but this was something I've wanted for a long time and my other perfume just ran out. Not an impulse buy at all. Making lots of progress!

Baby steps Smiley Happy But no impulse buy is a great start!

swfupload_6824160527587999697.jpg

Confession time: placed an order for my cousin living in Australia who has no access to Sephora nor Tarte, when she called me this morning about this palette! It sure is a pretty palette but I wasn't a fan of the Aqualilies one, so I won't be buying one for myself Smiley Happy

Forgot to mention that the purchase was made with one of the gift cards I received.

I saw this and want it! I've never tried any of tarte's powder products but it looks so pretty!

Tarte's cream eyeshadows = AMAZING!!! Smiley Happy

Yeah, if I'm buying beauty products for someone else, I don't count that as part of a no-buy.  You're doing a nice thing for your cousin!

Although maybe I should count it in my case....I bought an awful lot of stuff for my sister over the last few months.....and she doesn't even wear makeup!  

The makeup industry in Australia hike the prices, it's ridiculous! A drugstore foundation costs nearly $40! The downside to living in a country where the accent makes me weak at the knees Smiley Wink

Tarte Aqualilies and this palette smells terrible, btw.

@poshified- I got that palette to when it first came out I love the colors in it there so workable.

Was this a re-released palette?

Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • swfupload_5566342746321271984.jpg
  • squirrel.jpeg
  • lalalalala.jpeg
  • swfupload_3740293265458070666.jpg
  • mk.jpg
  • swfupload_6824160527587999697.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg