Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined Smiley Happy.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! Smiley Very Happy)

Re: No Buy July!

Her pencil liners gave Urban Decay's a run for their money! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Back from vacation and I still haven't bought any makeup! I was going to cave and buy the Ariel mirror today but I saw that it was already sold out Smiley Sad guess I'll have to wait till it launches in store but I'm super bummed! Anyways Day 19 down woohoo Smiley Happy

Hope you're all refreshed from your vacay! So glad to have you back and going strong still Smiley Happy

I missed it here! Lol the wifi at the hotel sucked Smiley Sad and my phone doesn't let me access the boards it was tortue haha!

#BTWithdrawal LOL!

Hahaha omg we should get that trending!

Seriously though I had so much catching up to do!

I may need to join... Posting this from the car dealership.

Aw I feel for you. That happened to me last week. Sending positive thoughts your way, and hoping everything works out with your car!

It turned out to be really minor- so of course I hit the mall afterwards.

*face.palm*

There must be something about car dealerships and stress that calls for some retail/beauty therapy. Right after I left the dealership with my car is when I bought the perfume I talked about a few days ago. I avoided makeup but still needed a pick-me-up!

Retail therapy soothes the soul Smiley Happy

Hahahaha... I guess that means you're not joining

Oh no! I hate dealing with cars -- next to computers!

Good luck! It's never to late to join haha

I feel the need to confess... I almost did damage on an impulse buy. I was SO CLOSE to just buying two bh cosmetics palettes on Hautelook along with a BCBG crossbody bag. But as I was filling out my information I made myself take a step back and realized that I don't need them!!!

One more impulse buy avoided.

And lesson learned. No good comes of online browsing, especially on Hautelook. You only find things you want.

Good for you! What really keeps me from pressing the "Submit Order" button is taking a few deep breaths and re-evaluating my current stash of said item(s) Smiley Happy

Oh no! You're so strong, I had to stop going on hautelook all together because it got really bad... I was one of those people waiting for the sales to start! My bank account really took a dent that summer x.x

I had been avoiding it and for some reason thought I could go on there today and just browse... it took me until I was filling out my credit card info to realize what I was doing. I'm glad I stopped myself!

So, I just went into Sephora today. Did a couple swatches, sprayed a couple scents, and, oh boy, I am finding more things that I want to buy.  I am afraid that I am building a dam in July only for it to break and the waters come gushing out come August!  That was not my intent for the no buy at all (especially since I need to save money and not just in July).

What are your plans after the no buy is over?  Are you going to continue?  Are you going back to your old ways?  Any suggestions on how to avoid drowning come August?

I'm kind of on the same page, it seems that I'm just going to go crazy in August, but I'm trying to hold off till the 20% off because then I will actually be saving money even if I buy it all in one huge order.

20% off will be a nice chunk of change saved!

Exactly! Thats what I keep telling myself and I haven't bought anything yet haha

What is this 20% off you're talking about?! Is it a VIB thing?

Yea I think regular beauty insiders get 15% off, VIBs get 20% off though for friends and family or something like that

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • swfupload_5566342746321271984.jpg
  • squirrel.jpeg
  • lalalalala.jpeg
  • swfupload_3740293265458070666.jpg
  • mk.jpg
  • swfupload_6824160527587999697.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • swfupload_1900226119387802016.jpg