Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined Smiley Happy.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! Smiley Very Happy)

Re: No Buy July!

I reorganize everything, like reorganizing my stash into seasons, or by product type, or by which ones I'm planning to use next and which ones are backups. Or creating random makeup looks that I usually don't wear out at home, like those 5 colored elaborate brightly colored eye looks you see on run way.

Is it just me or do you feel that by the time you get to your backup, you've found a more amazing product of the same kind? haha

I do the same exact thing! I actually just re-organized mine last week. I bought a Muji 5 drawer organizer and reorganized all my makeup, putting my smaller items in there. But now its all organized the way I like so I don't want to mess with it. Maybe I'll do more experimenting with my makeup to avoid my itch to buy.

I'll admit, I placed two orders this week.  The first was $20 because I got my hands on the Ariel mirror.  And I already said when I started this that I would get Ariel things if they came out this month; I knew this would not wait.

Then I placed another order yesterday.  It had the Ariel perfume rollerball and Bare Minerals mineral veil powder with SPF.  I am spending more time in the sun this summer and last time I was out long enough I had to put sunscreen over my makeup and I wanted powder to avoid that.  I saw PTR powder on sale at Marshalls and was considering that, but it was more expensive than the small compact and thinking back, I think it was for acne prone skin.  So I just got the little touchup because it will be easy to carry when I'm out and about and the powder will be nice with this humidity.  Plus, I really wanted to try the 10 day Algenist set so I figured I'd order now instead of waiting until August.

I don't see anything else that I need for myself except possibly brush cleaner, and I think what I have will make it to the end of the month.

I may end my no buy early if I take my mom to get a makeover.  She wants to try some things and desperately needs some skin care items.  I'm going to look through what I have hanging around that would be good for her.  But if we go it might be on the 28th, so things might end a bit early.  Hoping to not go nuts, because I want to find things that useful but not insanely priced.

That's really nice of you to take your mom for a makeover! Let us know what you pick up for her if you do! I'm curious myself, because my mom is one of those moms who can store her entire makeup collection in a Caboodle, haha. So I've been trying to get her to branch out.

Saw this online and I think it's a good representation of most of us here on BT 

the month is almost over ladies! Who else can sing along to this whole song?

LOL, @veevali.  I agree, this sums up a number of us pretty well.  And yes, I was singing along.  If I'm not careful I'll start making up more lyrics!

Perfect!

this is perfect, yes

LOVE IT! Of course, it's got Ariel to celebrate Sephora's collection Smiley Wink

Hahahh this is hilarious! The Little Mermaid was my favorite Disney movie growing up and I know all the songs in there; bringing back old memoriessss. 

I want to be where the Sephoras are

I wanna see, wanna see the new launches

Displayed on those - what do you call them? - oh, shelves.

Using old products can get mundane

New ones are required for mixing, matching

Fitting perfectly inside a - what's that word again? - drawerrrr

I think I've done pretty good this month. Considering I'm such a junkie with makeup! This month:

MAC Rihanna Makeup (doesn't count -it's not Sephora bahaha)

Ariel Mirror (doesn't count -it's for my daughter when she gets older)

Skincare mini w/bag (doesn't count  -it was for my mom)

Phewf! I'm still doing good for July. Wait, right?? hahaha However, come Aug 1st my order will be placed because my cart is loaded! hahaha... Smiley Happy

Hahaha, doesn't count, it's not Sephora -- too funny!

I just completed the process of talking myself out of getting Marc Jacob collection NOW......cuz I realized I had 3 big beauty orders this month. It's not a limited edition, so I won't lose anything by getting it next month when the whole collection's here.

I feel......kind of proud of myself?

As an eyeshadow junkie, I wasn't really drawn to any of the palettes. Maybe it's because I couldn't justify $42 for 3 shades. And the colors of the 7-pan palettes have shades I can't see myself reaching for. Maybe I just have to see it in store first Smiley Happy

Same. I feel like (from looking at the pictures) the colors in the palettes aren't unique or colors that I just HAD to have :/

Maybe they'll have more palette color options when the line hits the store! Smiley Happy

@beautytester, yes, I think you should be kind of proud of yourself.  By waiting you can also test what you want in store and think longer about what you really want instead of jumping on it just because you get a first chance.  As you say, it's not limited edition.

I am not totally proud of myself, because I just placed a Hautelook order.  But I didn't go as nuts as I could have.  They have Clarins on the site today, including their exfoliating toner that I swear is simply not available in this country usually.  Since I want to try it, I was seriously considering ordering it in the UK and sending it to my mother-in-law to bring along when she visits in October.  So yes, I would have bought it later, but this has to be less expensive and less of a hassle.  I also got hydrating toner, as I am going through the other type that I got and one sale the price is right.  (I have used this off and on for years now.)

Now I really need to stop having "this is my only chance" things come my way because I really am good to wait otherwise!

Tell me about it! Whenever companies tack on the words "Limited Edition", my heart races ten times faster lol.

It's not even just that it's limited edition.  I can and have resisted some of that.  But I knew some things in the Ariel collection would not last and I wanted them back when Cinderella launched.  (Oh, well, I have at least been good about not buying Disney pins this year.  Trying not to be too bad next year when I'm there is much harder.)

But when I found the Clarins stuff I wanted and couldn't even put it on a list to buy later because I can't find it in this country, that was it.  (Do not ask my why it isn't here.  It's from France, it's carried by Clarins UK but not Clarins US, because I checked the website when I resisted making a big order earlier.) 

Oh well, back to being a good girl again.

Highlighted

I missed Ariel... oops.

I have the other 2 mirrors and don't use them very much, so I think I'm good. Plus, I have a couple of the awesome sparkly Tarina Tarantino mirrors.

I did place multiple orders today- bad, bad, bad.

I wish Sephora never discontinued Tarina's line!

oh my gosh I never discovered TT until the products were discontinued by Sephora and popped up in the sale section.  I LOOOOooooooooved her stuff!  So sad that Sephora doesn't carry them any more.

It took a couple of months, but you can buy her line from her website now.

And also Blush dot com! Smiley Happy

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • swfupload_5566342746321271984.jpg
  • squirrel.jpeg
  • lalalalala.jpeg
  • swfupload_3740293265458070666.jpg
  • mk.jpg
  • swfupload_6824160527587999697.jpg
  • image.jpg