Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined Smiley Happy.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! Smiley Very Happy)

Re: No Buy July!

Ah look at you! Bargain shopping always feels so much better doesn't it? You've been such a help Smiley Happy can't wait til august so I can go do a little shopping!

You're lucky to be able to use MAC's mineralize products! They are amazing items, but they just don't agree with my skin.

I can, however, recommend the blush in Springsheen (a better version of NARS Orgasm!)

I was so afraid of MAC face products breaking out my skin! Only the liquid foundation do. Also, I cant use MAC lipsticks because there's some ingredient in there that I'm allergic to. Which sucks because comparing MAC lipsticks to higher end ones at Sephora, they're much cheaper and have such pretty colors!

Highlighted

Surprisingly the foundations didn't break me out, but it made me look like Oompa Loompa by the 3 hour mark!  lol MAC's purple/reddish eyeshadows made my eyes so swollen, I have steered clear.

Woo! Happy 1st everyone! Smiley Happy

I was so going to join this challenge but HauteLook has Stila on sale today so I way fold on the first day of the month Smiley Sad sigh, maybe August?

I had to resist the sale myself! Feel free to join the no buy party whenever! Smiley Happy

Good luck ladies.  I'm not strong enough to complete this challenge.  My birthday is this month so I think a no-buy will be impossible.  Does using a gift card count?  Ha. 

Happy birthday to you! A no buy birthday month will definitely be difficult for just about anyone, lol.

Using a gift card definitely doesn't count, it's not "your" money, it's a gift in monetary form!  It's not like you can go buy groceries with it instead.

Lets not forget the Ariel Collection releases in stores this month girls!!! ♥

I'll be counting on you for a review of the palette! Smiley Happy I can't pull off the blues on a day to day basis but it sure looks GORGEOUS!

You got it honey Smiley Happy

I think I might join in on this... but maybe allow myself to buy 5 things? I mean just depriving myself... I don't think I can do that!! But definitely no skin care or body stuff for me!!! I can't even fit it all in my medicine cabinet anymore, its piling underneath the sink and now its spilling out into my room just literally sitting in bags no more!

I think as long as you set some parameters for youself and stay within those parameters, then you are looking good.  I think the whole idea is to set a goal.  Everyone's goal may be a little different.  For one person it may be a no-buy from sephora, for someone else it may be a no-buy from anywhere.  And eveyone sets a goal for different reasons.  So I say, go for it!

I couldn't have said it better!

We all have our own weaknesses, lol. Palettes and eyeshadows are mine!

Me 2!

I can't do it. Because of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. lol.

Come August, I also won't be able to do a no-buy since I'm planning to spend the needed amount for me to be a VIB. lol.

Maybe September? haha. Smiley Happy

I was looking at Best Things In Beauty blog and the roundup for this year's Nordstrom Anniversary sale... and nothing really stood out. Shocking, considering I went overboard last year! haha. What are you planning on getting at the Anniversary sale?

Sept: you might have friend's bday

Oct: Halloween make-up and more lotion

Nov: black Friday deal, early Xmas shopping

Dec: Xmas shopping

Its all good. There are always reasons to shop, especially at Sephora Smiley Wink

Not to mention two Sephora Friends and Family (one given to employees' f&f and the other one for Beauty Insiders) offers thrown in those months! haha

Day 1: Success!  I did not buy any makeup today, lol.

30 more days to go!  We can do it!

Great job, ladies!! Smiley Happy

Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • swfupload_5566342746321271984.jpg
  • squirrel.jpeg
  • lalalalala.jpeg
  • swfupload_3740293265458070666.jpg
  • mk.jpg
  • swfupload_6824160527587999697.jpg