Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

New to makeup where do i start?

I'm 26yrs old never worn makeup other than people putting it on me. Any tips on what to get and what's a good starter/practice kit? Thanks 

#BeautyHelp

Re: New to makeup where do i start?

I agree with @SportyGirly125 it depends on what look/looks your envisioning for yourself. @MamaKitteh27 

But without knowing any thing maybe starting small with a simple routine. Mascara, lipgloss, and highlighting blush. 

For mascara, mini's are a nice affordable way to start, or a kit like: 

Sephora Favorites Lashstash to Go Mascara Sampler Set

Benefit Cosmetics Mini They're Real! Magnet Extreme Lengthening Mascara Supercharged Black

A coloured gloss, like:

Yves Saint Laurent Candy Glaze Lip Gloss Stick 

Ami Colé Hydrating Lip Treatment Oil Smitten 

A blush highlighter combo: 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Luminous Powder Blush 

Just some ideas, I suggest going into Sephora and swatching the testers, and finding colors and formulas that you feel good about. Makeup is fun 😊 🩷 Enjoy the process. And please share what you end up trying! 😀 We'd love to see.

@MamaKitteh27 @Do you know what look you want to achieve? It helps to show a beauty advisor a look you want to learn to do. 

Hi! 

When I started wearing makeup for the first time, I personally found Glossier to be a good start, since you can never really apply “too much”. 

My personal favorites are the Glossier Stretch Concealer for Dewy Buildable Coverage Medium 1  for light to medium coverage around my eyes and possibly blemishes. Since the product is in a pot, I use my clean ring finger to pick up the product and lightly dab it onto my skin and blend. Very easy to control and great on most skin types (like my very dry undereyes). 

To get brows to hold, I also like the Glossier Boy Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel-Pomade. Doesn’t get goopy or crusty and does a pretty good job at holding the brows in place. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing