Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

A place to share your thoughts and discuss new products.

I find sometimes we get new products that are "hot right now" but if there isn't a dedicated thread (ie: brand thread) there really isn't a space to talk about them... It's just fun to get a discussion going now and then on certain items vs reading the review on the site.

submit-review.png

Re: New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

Yep that's why I didn't cave @makeitup305 my skin can't handle alcohol

@lmaster It's the most likely ingredient that'll make me discard a product, particularly in skincare. I try to avoid it in foundation, too, but since I have so many layers under it I give myself a pass on it sometimes.

Decided to cross post this from the holiday gratis thread since it's still a newer product.

It's my review on the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair BarriAIR Cream

The texture is really nice... it’s light and airy, almost mousse like. It applies nicely and absorbs quickly. I really like the fact that the main benefit of this cream is to strengthen the skin barrier. That is definitely something I need. I also find it has a mattifying effect on the skin which I do like even though I have dry skin. The down side is that it’s just not hydrating and moisturizing enough for my dry skin, even during the day. I will have to mix it with other products to really get the hydration and moisture I need. I also have to agree with @lyravega's  comments on the other thread that this cream probably shouldn’t be in a jar. It’s like some of it disintegrates every time I open it. I like the texture but I don't want it all to go to waste. Overall it’s not a bad just not enough on it’s own for someone with dry skin in my opinion. I think people with normal to oily skin would like it better.

0190123g.jpg

I was so excited for this MILK MAKEUP - Matcha Detoxifying Face Mask! I figured I'd share my quick review on it... It's the fastest face mask I've used to apply. It goes on super fast, like, faster than a sheet mask even. A little awkward around the nose though. I felt for being a clay mask, it wasn't overly dehydrating. It definitely feels nice on, and it's soothing. Took any redness away. Plus, I feel it'll last quite a while! I can't wait to buy the watermelon mask now!

that sounds great @rrroxanne

that sounds great @rrroxanne

Thanks for the review @rrroxanne! This is on my list to buy already... just waiting for good cashback and promo. 😄

So I just wanted to come and leave some quick thoughts on the new SOL DE JANEIRO - Coco Cabana Cream. I know a lot of people were interested in this.  I was so excited to try this but was left super disappointed. The scent is not at all what I thought it would be and I think it might be triggering headaches. When I first opened it it smelled like this 90's sun tan oil but once it's on it reminds me of what it smells like when you walk into a movie theater.  Like somewhat sweet buttered popcorn but not in a good way.  The good thing is you don't need very much and it applies well... but that's about it. Once applied I find it becomes tacky for a while before it gets absorbed.  I guess my skin does feel soft afterwards but the scent is throwing me off. So if you are sensitive to scents I suggest smelling it before you buy. I thought I would be ok based on the description but it's really not what I had pictured. 😞

Screen_Shot_2018-12-03_at_1.24.00_PM_2000x_2352a1df-2bef-4036-8482-71bbc6f15636_2000x.jpg

Aww I actually loved this lotion! I think it smells exactly like Samoas, which are my favorite Girl Scout cookie ever!

@veronika23   My thoughts and experience with Coco Cabana mirror yours. So strange that this product came from Sol de Janeiro, since their Bum Bum Cream has been my holy grail body cream for going on three years.  

Thanks @veronika23 I was excited to try this but I get migraines and certain scents trigger them. I appreciate the heads up 💜

@melissapurple22  np. 🙂  Sorry you have to deal with migraines. 😞  Certain scents trigger me too... just never know which ones. 😄

RE: Re: New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

I feel the same way . It smells like movie theater buttered popcorn to be quite honest . I expected well to smell coconut i was disappointed ..

Re: RE: Re: New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

@queenshishi  glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I thought it would smell much different... truly disappointed too.

@veronika23 thanks for your honest review. I can’t use the original because the smell makes me nauseous so I know I won’t enjoy this one either. Such a shame 😩

@gonerogue The original gives me a bad migraine and I was hoping this would be different! Thanks @veronika23 for the heads up!! 😕

NP @yankeefaithful! I thought it would be different too. If you can get a sample... maybe it will be ok for you.

Oh no!!! That's too bad @gonerogue 😞 

Thanks for sharing @veronika23. I maybe the odd one out but I haven’t found a Sol de Janerio product that doesn’t give me a headache. Sounds like this one will be a pass for me as well. 

@Mrose251  actually you aren't the odd one out. I find the scent on the original too strong and the acai is ok but still somewhat strong. I can't recall if they did give me headaches but I know the scents were a bit much... I was hoping this one might have been different. 😞

@veronika23 Thanks for sharing! I smelled it in the store, and I thought it smelled sooooo amazing. I didn't try it though. I imagine it smells a bit different on everyone. That's too bad you didn't love it! 

@rrroxanne  yeah it would smell different on different people... I am sad that I didn't love this. 😞 

Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • submit-review.png
  • elf.PNG
  • 0123.PNG
  • boujiee.PNG
  • loreal.PNG
  • 20180201_073802.jpg
  • 20180201_073807.jpg
  • 20180201_073752.jpg
  • Light brown hair with blonde highlights
  • 20180203_104251.jpg