Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

A place to share your thoughts and discuss new products.

I find sometimes we get new products that are "hot right now" but if there isn't a dedicated thread (ie: brand thread) there really isn't a space to talk about them... It's just fun to get a discussion going now and then on certain items vs reading the review on the site.

submit-review.png

RE: New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

I’ve been looking for a good hydrating acne cleanser and purchased the Glamglow super cleanse cream to foam cleaner and it’s amazing! I was a little scared to try it due to my sensitive skin but this has to be the best purchase I’ve made in a long time. Skin looks more refined the charcoals in it really get down into the pores and clear them out. You apply it to your dry face and wet your hands and massage it in, it looks like mud but feels so great! Really good buy so happy with it.

Re: RE: New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

I'm glad you liked it, @Lisaaa86!

Re: New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

I just used the Dr. Jart+ Shake & Shot Hydration mask yesterday and had good results! 

The ampoule is a deep blue colour, and results in a very lightly tinted blue mask. I applied as I did the brightening one and removed after 30 minutes. This time I was more careful to apply in an even layer so I was able to peel off most of the mask and only needed a washcloth around my hairline. 

My skin felt plump and bouncy, and I have some leftover redness and a bump remaining from a recent breakout that drained on Thursday which reduced to a barely raised red dot. I'm not 100% sure I see a difference between the Brightening and Hydrating mask though as I saw similar (good) results with both. Still have the Soothing mask to try next!

I've finally gotten around to trying the Too Faced Peach Perfect matte foundation, and I am blown away by it!  Even with my dry skin, the stuff is flawless and doesn't budge all day long.  

I hope they never discontinue this, because its by far the most flawless foundation I've tried!

@Madeline7  That’s great that it worked for you!! I’ve had my eye on this foundation for what seems like forever.  Everyone raves about it so I think it’s time I pick up a sample or just buy it already. Lol 

Anyone that owns this product - has this happened to you?

Purchased it in October for a Halloween costume - used only that one time and made sure to close it tightly.  Then, was going to use for a Valentines shindig and now it seems to have hardened?  what a bummer...

glazen.PNG

Ladies with the GLAZEN! I've had two of these since last year ( November? ) and I store them with both caps on, tightly sealed and UPSIDE DOWN so that absolutely no air gets in that isn't already in the package. I have had them change to a thicker jelly consistency but not become totally hard. Maybe try that if they haven't totally failed on you? Hope that helps!!!

@mermadelove,

Thanks for the advice! That makes sense! 🙂

@tsavorite any time my friend!!!

@ZombieMetroAnt,

This is terrible news!   I own a bunch of these, mostly unopened as yet. 

Thank you for telling us...  I have to go cry now.

@ZombieMetroAnt @RGbrown did yours dry out even with that inner plastic cap on, or did you only have the outer cap on when not using?

@k617

I had both caps on ☹️

Ugh!! I thought the seal from the inner cap would be enough!! That's no good 😞  @RGbrown

Oh no 😞

@ZombieMetroAnt   Oh no!!! Maybe try MAC fix+ on your brush and try to pick up the product after that. Or if you can, scrape some out and mix it with the fix+ then apply.

@ZombieMetroAnt

I've had two dry out on me 😞

The first was Oil Slick that I bought probably somewhere just shy of a year ago I think now (it started drying out last fall). My second is Amethyst from the Xmas set that I bought in Nov or so.

Inglot Duraline worked wonders on Amethyst...it wasn't fully rock hard yet, and it softened right back up and is good to go. Oil Slick though, I'm not sure I'll ever get it back to a state where I can use it. When I finally got around to playing, it was super dry like yours and while I got most of it smooth, it still has lumps in it no matter how much I try and work them out 😞

As much as I a.d.o.r.e. the Glazen line, I'm not sure I'll be buying more. So sad 😞 

Ugh oh no!! I think @RGbrown might have mentioned this happened to one of hers...I have the Glazen blush gelee...hope it doesn't happen to mine that quickly!

Tragic!  😧  I've heard these can be slightly rehydrated with water, but I'm not sure when its that dry

@Kim888 @Guessgal @Tamara76 @lmi82

I am using the Dr. Jart+ Brightening Shake & Shot as I type this but wanted to give you some photos of the product!

3944DB40-3825-45BC-9C3C-D6EEF0B53726.jpeg

After seeing many reviews state that there is way too much product I decided to weigh out half of each of the “Super Booster” which is a cream like substance and the “Ampoule” which is the liquid so I can use the other half later. 

4F8B1F03-D467-4417-A726-F429209196FC.jpeg

I believe the super booster is the same for all of the masks in this line and only the ampoule is different. I plugged the hole at the top and shook it; I advise doing this in a small screw/snap top container instead since the packaging cup leaks at the rim! So as you can see below the shaking activates the product and some of it did come out. 

0DBE0FEE-D594-4BA3-89D3-0401728161BA.jpeg

The spatula is useless. You only have 2-3 minutes to apply this all over so I advise just scooping with your fingers and applying it on your face. I didn’t use my spatula at all. The product becomes a very thick slightly rubbery feeling cream. It reminds me of my Tata Harper Purifying mask near the bottom of the jar when it was drying up. 

08607DD6-042D-4909-B949-51C0CA3B9F8C.jpeg

Even half of each packet produced more than enough for a full face. I’d dare say you can probably split into 3 uses or share with 2 other people! Just be sure to measure it out as once you shake up the mask you have to apply it within 3 minutes before it starts to set. 

F7D4DF75-0AA5-415B-8C6C-7159D050E600.jpeg

I’m about to take it off and it sets very interestingly. It still looks wet and shiny but it just feels cold and slick and like a hardened layer of jello. Except, if you run your finger over the surface nothing happens! No product comes off and it doesn’t get disturbed. 

So!

Mask has been removed. The mask looks more clear as it sets... it looked like it was pulling away but that’s not the case. Just clear!

6EE405F6-B71A-45E8-9C07-5C6BD6ECBB7C.jpeg

It’s not difficult to remove. Smile and it will start to peel off in places. I did manage to peel off maybe 95% but did use a damp cloth to remove the remaining bits that were mostly stuck to my brows, balled up near my hairline, etc. 

6C76F5B4-3353-400E-9769-36879DB7BFD9.jpeg

That photo is gross, sorry. But it does show the weird jelly like texture and the see-throughness!

My face does look immediately brighter! It is also cool and plump feeling. I finished my nighttime routine and my face just has this blurred look to it. 

I did seem to react slightly to The Ordinary’s Ascorbyl Glucoside last week and this mask has vitamin C, so we shall see what my skin is like tomorrow!

overall this is a super fun and interesting mask! I have an old papule mark I want to fade...hoping this will help!

@k617 What a great post! Good to know that you can get a few uses out of one unit. I suppose they assume you will apply it incredibly thick?! I have the brightening and moisture one but need to wait for my skin to calm the F down before I give these a try. 

17 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • submit-review.png
  • elf.PNG
  • 0123.PNG
  • boujiee.PNG
  • loreal.PNG
  • 20180201_073802.jpg
  • 20180201_073807.jpg
  • 20180201_073752.jpg
  • Light brown hair with blonde highlights