Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

A place to share your thoughts and discuss new products.

I find sometimes we get new products that are "hot right now" but if there isn't a dedicated thread (ie: brand thread) there really isn't a space to talk about them... It's just fun to get a discussion going now and then on certain items vs reading the review on the site.

submit-review.png

Re: New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

@k617

Wow! This is a spectacular post! Thank you so much for the detailed instructions, reviews and helpful tips. I saw these rubber masks in the store the other day and thought about picking them up. I passed on them at the time but now, I think I'll go back to pick one up. 

@itsfi You're welcome! I have not tried the actual rubber masks (the original Dr. Jart+ ones?) but this one is pretty fun! It's not painful to remove like some of the other peel off masks and TBH I'd call this more of a jelly mask than a rubber mask. Very comfortable. Give them a shot (pun intended ;))!

@k617

haha! Love the pun! I'll definitely pick one up ... just have to decide which one to buy because I can see myself picking up more than one! 😉 

Thank you so much for the great photo review! I’ve been contemplating getting the hydro one for an upcoming “spa night” for my birthday with my bff but wasn’t sure if could I believe that there was enough product for more than one person! I think I’ll pick it up after reading your review and seeing the pics to go along with it. Thanks again 🙂 

@meghanneshea There's definitely enough! I have a larger than average head and therefore a large face (obvious in photos with friends LOL) and I could barely use up the half of each packet I measured out. 

You guys will just need to work fast, since it does start setting within a few minutes! 

@k617 Haha good to know! I think I have an average sized head lol so we should be good then. Thanks again for the info and advice 🙂

@k617 thank you so much for the thorough review and pictures! I saw this mask in-store yesterday and the packaging caught my eye! I think they’re weird but really cute hahah 😁

@k617 Thanks for this great review! It looked so gimmicky in the packaging so I've basically ignored this product, but you're making me reconsider. Is anyone else getting dry paste vibes from the way the mask looks? Like that stuff kids crafted with in kindergarten, I feel like this is the adult answer to peeling off dried up glue from your hands 🙂 

@k617 Thank you for the thorough review! The packaging definitely creeps me out but it sounds like the contents inside are good! I love that you can get more than one use and I also have a spot I am hoping to fade (sun spot from when i was a teenager and didn't wear enough suncreen) and I am hoping with enough vitamin c and I can lighten it at least. 

Wow! Thanks so much for the step by step @k617! I've been curious about these for a while and was wondering if I should try it. Good to know about the amount you get and how to mix it. Thanks!!!

Thank you for the review and pics, @k617! It's good to know that you can get more than one use out of the mask. I may end up having to include one of these in my next order. Also, I hope that the vitamin C works better with your skin this time!

Thanks for the detailed review, @k617!  It looks like a fun mask, and more importantly,  I'm glad you saw results!

Ohhhhhhh - Thank you so much for the detailed pics and info, @k617!  I can’t wait to hear what you think of the results!💗

I added some more thoughts to my next post @Tamara76! I think you would have fun sharing a mask with your daughter! ❤️

Ohhhhhhh - Thank you, @k617!  Yeah - That would be fun! 🙂

I picked up the new L'Oreal Galaxy Lumiers shadow and I gotta say - it's just like  KVD Alchemist - almost as if it were the missing shade Smiley Surprised

20180201_073802.jpg   20180201_073752.jpg20180201_073807.jpg

Here are unsolicited swatches - L'Oreal is the one with the white arrow!  

loreal.PNG

So pretty!! ❤️

Omg!  So pretty, @ZombieMetroAnt!!!!😍😍😍

Thanks for the swatches @ZombieMetroAnt!  I wonder how the alchemist mini will compare to the L'Oreal...

I was just thinking -  we don't have an e.l.f thread Smiley Wink because man, some of their stuff is pretty good.  @pixiedust2 got me hooked on their highlighter quad and their lippies & lip scrub are a couple of my essentials.  Which brings me to this baby - I'm super tempted to pick this up because right now I wipe off my lipstick with lip balm because any other cleanser usually dries my lips out.  

This product claims to "condition" your pout while removing the make up!  Has anyone tried this before?  For only $2, I don't mind picking this up but stores aren't carrying it yet (& I ain't about to pay for S&H...LOL....that's more than what this product costs). 

elf.PNG

Speaking of elf, have y'all seen these Ultra Violet gems?  Does that lippie give you Fenty vibes?

0123.PNG

@ZombieMetroAnt - I finally remembered to look for the Elf lipstick remover pads at Target...nope, not even an empty spot for them!  I noticed the last time I was at Meijer, they now carry Elf; I'll check there, probably next weekend.

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • submit-review.png
  • elf.PNG
  • 0123.PNG
  • boujiee.PNG
  • loreal.PNG
  • 20180201_073802.jpg
  • 20180201_073807.jpg
  • 20180201_073752.jpg
  • Light brown hair with blonde highlights