Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

A place to share your thoughts and discuss new products.

I find sometimes we get new products that are "hot right now" but if there isn't a dedicated thread (ie: brand thread) there really isn't a space to talk about them... It's just fun to get a discussion going now and then on certain items vs reading the review on the site.

submit-review.png

Re: New Products: Reviews, Discussions and More

I'm in love with the new summer Fridays lip balm

I wanna try it! Does it have a scent? @Razorbacks15 

@Razorbacks15  Oh my I need it! 😊

@peculiarzmakeup it smells like birthday cake🩷🩷

Lately I've been really enjoying the Chanel Les Beiges Water-Fresh Tint. It's so lightweight and it makes your skin looks almost glossy. I'm ok with the minimal coverage, it's just slightly perfecting. My one issue is that it seems to melt off my skin too fast but I’m trying to figure out the best primer to wear under it to help it hang on. I think if you're a fan of Glossier or wanted to try something similar, this one is a cool one.

I've been trying out the new Natasha Denona Tan Bronze & Glow Paletteand the Natasha Denona Sunrise Eyeshadow Palette 0.67 oz/ 19.25gand love them both! I'm kind of sad that one of the shades in the Tan palette is a little dark for me but I'm determined to make it work somehow because the other shades are just so amazing. That new highlighter formula is out of this world good. It doesn't emphasize texture and just leaves a glossy sheen. ND's idea of coming up with a half-size product for half a price is perfect. If she did this for Biba, I think people who have been hesitant to try her formula would be converts. The Sunrise palette is gorgeous and sparkly and she didn't sacrifice quality for size at all.

Thank you Sephora and @TeamBIC  for the wonderful gratis! I know I am way late on this one...

A few months ago I received a package with several products from the Sephora Collection clean line to review.  It has taken me quite some time to get my thoughts together on this for a variety of reason but one of them being that I felt my skin wasn't in a good place and I wanted to give these products a really good try before leaving any reviews. The good thing is that I've been able to try them as the season were changing. I received the following and tried them all except the glow peel pads because I still think my skin isn't in a place where I can try them. I've barely used any exfoliating products in the last few months and what I have used I know and trust.

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff
SEPHORA COLLECTION - Ultra Glow Serum: Glow + Strengthen Vitamin C Serum
SEPHORA COLLECTION - All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow
SEPHORA COLLECTION - Glow Peel Pads

Here are my reviews of the products:

Clean Skin Gel - Cleanse + Tone
To be honest I don’t know how I feel about this cleanser. It has somewhat of an odd scent that I can’t quite make out and I’ve gotten different results. While my skin feels clean, at times I found it to be soft but other times it was somewhat tight/dry. It’s not nourishing like my other cleansers... but I mean it's hard to beat Omorovicza. You don’t really need a lot of product and it does foam up nicely and is gentle on the eyes. While it’s not terrible, I'm not in love with it either. 

Brightening Eye Cream - Hydrate & Depuff
I’d say this is a pretty good average eye cream. It has a nice light texture and you don’t need very much. It has a faint fresh like scent to it and I do find it hydrating. I’m not sure how much of a brightening effect I get, maybe a little but not that much even after well over a month of usage. I’ve tried other eye creams that were at a much higher price point and also found those to be average. This differs from them because the price is so good. I think this one is worth a try, especially if you are new to eye creams or on a budget.

Ultra Glow Serum - Glow + Strengthen Vitamin C serum
This serum is pretty thin and applies well; you only need a few drops and it absorbs pretty fast. I'm having a hard time describing the scent of this one but it didn’t bother me. At the beginning I wasn’t sure how I felt about this product but I was also having some skin issues like I mentioned above. I do find that it brings a nice subtle glow but unsure just how much it does for dryness and fine lines. I think for me it's best suited for the warmer months of the year.

All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow
I actually really like this as a day cream. It’s light, silky, applies well, a little goes a long way and it absorbs fast enough. It has a light scent but I can’t put my finger on what it is. I think this cream works best for me in the day time during the warmer months. I need something more for nighttime and during winter.

One thing I've noticed about these products is that they all have a little spot on the back where you can write the date that you've opened the product. I thought that was a nice touch.  Overall I think it's a good line and the price point makes it easier to give these product a try and good for those who are on a budget.

Hi, @veronika23 !  I was browsing through the threads when I saw a post by you.  I have missed you so much!  BIC is not the same without you!  Congratulations, too, on the gratis box of skin care products.  I'm  going to look into the All Day Hydrator.

Awwww thanks @Titian06!  Missed you too! 🖤🖤🖤

@veronika23  Thanks for the reviews! I’ve been dying to try these out!!

Thanks @ather! They're pretty good. I definitely want to try the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Water Gel Mask Hydrate + Refresh at some point as well. 🙂

Oooh I hadn’t noticed this before @veronika23 . I will have to put it on my list. Anything that is gel and refreshing sounds perfect right about now. 

@PrettyPaint  yeah it does sound nice right about now... maybe I'll end up purchasing this sooner than I thought. 😄 😄 😄

@veronika23ahhhhhhh so good to hear from you 😄 Congrats on the gratis and hope your skin recovers quickly! Thank you for these detailed reviews <333 The eye cream sounds worth a try as I've also found a lot of expensive eye creams to be underwhelming!

giphy

Thanks @pocketvenus! Nice to see you! 🖤 Yeah I definitely think that one is worth a try. I agree that a lot of expensive eye creams are underwhelming.

Hi, @veronika23 ,

I'm so glad to see you posting here and hope you will be on BIC more often now! 

You have been missed a bunch!

I value your opinions on these Sephora Collection products.  Congratulations on getting this Gratis!

Image result for gifs of hugs

Thanks @tsavorite! We shall see... lol  I've missed you too! 🖤

Thanks so much for the reviews @veronika23. And that’s so cool about the line on the back where you can date it! 

@veronika23  And P.S. I have missed seeing you here very much. I got so excited to see your name pop up again 🙂

@PrettyPaint   yeah I thought it was a nice touch... that way you don't forget when you've opened it. Which I usually forget unless I remember to write it down in my spreadsheet. lol  Awwww thanks!  Missed you too! 🖤

190 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • submit-review.png
  • elf.PNG
  • 0123.PNG
  • boujiee.PNG
  • loreal.PNG
  • 20180201_073802.jpg
  • 20180201_073807.jpg
  • 20180201_073752.jpg
  • Light brown hair with blonde highlights