Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

My first Non Sephora purchase ( Sort of)

Aside from that one order I placed with Urban Decay that was a disaster, I made my first Drugstore/beauty.com purchase today!

I was looking on Sephora for the Juice Beauty Full Strenght Green Apple Peel, and it's out of stock again. So I went to drugstore.com and they had it bundled with a full sized Juice Beauty Cleanser for the same price! So although I really wanted to get my BI points for it, I figured this was a great deal and couldn't pass it up! I also go duo glue for falsies in black, and a set of falsies. Free shipping and $10 off because it was my first order.

Since I haven't liked ANY of the 500 point perks lately, I don't feel too bad about not getting my points! I have over a thousand anyway.

Anyone else regularly buy from other places?

Re: My first Non Sephora purchase ( Sort of)

I shop at beauty.com as well- wonderful customer service and if you sign up for their newlestters, they often send emails with perks and dollar off promos. AND you get 5% back on all purchases to use on future purchases! I also shop at skincarerx.com/apothica.com as well. They often have 20% off promos and their shipping is also free for orders $49 and over..plus you get 5% rewards points to use towards future purchase too! I saved so much on a recent order using the 20% off AND a using a bunch of my reward points. I have also been buying directly from many of the manufacturers these days- they often have a lot of perks too if you sign up for their newsletters. I love a good deal!! 🙂

oh and shipping from those other stores to my home on the west coast is wayyyyyy faster than Sephora! I hate waiting almost 2 weeks to get my orders- so ridiculous in this day and age! I am not a patient gal! heehee! Smiley Wink

Yes, I sometimes buy from Shoppers as it's closer to me and other times from department stores when there's a good gift. Once I bought two gift sets from Origins in the Bay and the sales lady just threw in a couple full size ginger body lotions for free. Worth $30 each!! It was around Xmas time, I guess she was feeling generous 🙂

On a different note, I asked Sephora about Juice Beauty and they told me they're not renewing their contract with them 😞

@pocketvenus: 😞 I'm glad I got the samples and got introduced to the products when I did!

@sarithor: Thanks for the heads up! If I don't get my next jar at drugstore/beauty.com, I'll check out Amazon!

Tags:

I sometimes buy other stuff at Amazon but it never occured to me to check out their skincare products! Interesting....

I just noticed that the Green Apple Peel is back in stock at Sephora. 

I just got an email from Sephora today saying it was back in stock. Too bad I already bought it elsewhere!

When I was out of work, money was tight so I had to shop around. I found skinstore.com which periodically offers a 20% discount. I recently placed an order for Perricone Pore Minimizer, it was $10.00 cheaper with them than at Sephora.

I also buy from Drugstore.com, my dogs love some biscuits I buy from Drugstore! I have also bought items from Beauty.com when they had something I wanted, I like how you can combine items from the 2 stores into 1 order. Plus they have free shipping  with only a $25.00 order.

But you can't beat the advise we receive at Sephora!

Tags:

Yep its the full strength one. They have both the full strength and the sensitive skin one for $39 dollars.

Omg!  I had the same issue w/ the Juice Beauty products being out of stock at sephora and I saw that same set at beauty.com too!  haha.  Let me know how you like the cleanser... I've never tried it before.

On a side note... did anybody else notice that Sehora.com is now carrying "the body shop" products?  Or maybe that's always been the case and I never noticed.  I've never used body shop products, but I just surprised to see some "value sets" with body shop products!

It's new that they carry bodyshop. I sure thought it was wierd though as i walked past the stinky body shop today on my way to sephora at the mall. I don't really care for bodyshop anymore although they were the bees knees when they first came to canada.

supertrixie wrote:

It's new that they carry bodyshop. I sure thought it was wierd though as i walked past the stinky body shop today on my way to sephora at the mall. I don't really care for bodyshop anymore although they were the bees knees when they first came to canada.

LOL, I remember this - when every single generic birthday and Xmas present was from the body shop 😛 I think it was the first store though, that made me think about the whole idea of fair trade etc. and I have to credit it for that.

I bought my first essential oil from there too - ylang ylang - it's still good after a decade!

@mermadelove, LMAO! Isn't that the truth! A lot of people in my home town, Sacramento, CA, swear by burt's bees lip balms and everything they sale... I'm definitely not a fan haha. There is one thing I bought from burt's bees that I did enjoy and that was this milk bath powder, but I don't have a bath tub anymore, just a shower, so there is no point in having it now.

@sarithor:  I'm with you about Burt's Bees stuff- people told me that the Pomegranate lip balm was the best, it tastes awful (kind of like old cheese)!! and it is about as useful as a Chap Stick only more expensive.

I've never gotten anything from the Body Shop either, nor Bath and Body Works, both shops smell awfully strong, they make my eyes water! Especially BBW with those awful candles!

prettyinpa wrote:

@sarithor:  I'm with you about Burt's Bees stuff- people told me that the Pomegranate lip balm was the best, it tastes awful (kind of like old cheese)!! and it is about as useful as a Chap Stick only more expensive.

I love the Burt's Bees Pomegranate Oil Lip Balm!  And I am not a chapstick lover by any means.  The smell doesn't bother me in the least.

To answer the original question, I regularly buy from drugstores and department stores of all kinds as well as independent boutiques.  Whoever gives me the better deal wins.  The only place I don't shop from is online.  I don't believe in brand or store loyalty in this day and age.

@officegal: Yep, Mermadelove is definitely right, can't please everyone all the time! You probably have some faves that I am so-so about.

Re: Burt's Bees - I haven't tried enough products to know what's good or bad, but something about the company makes me want to like them.  I have the lip thing and the Lemon Balm Cuticle Creme which is pretty good.

prettyinpa wrote:

@officegal: Yep, Mermadelove is definitely right, can't please everyone all the time! You probably have some faves that I am so-so about.

Oh, probably!  My faves are listed on my profile page.  I've stopped believing in rave reviews and rely solely on testing the products on myself physically, because it's so hard to determine what's going to make you break out or what kind of issues you're going to have with the texture, smell, application, etc.  I know a guy who hates the smell of the Burt's Bees lip balm we're talking about and hated it when his GF wore it.  And I know most people swear by Armani Luminous Silk Foundation but I don't think it's as wonderful as everyone says.

LOL! about Burt's Bees. I have had some pretty horrible luck with their stuff in the past. The only thing I bought from them recently was a hand salve. And I only use it at night with gloves! It's just so greasy. BUt it does the trick for wintery nurses' hands!!!! (Can somebody say alcohol rub????)

I'll second Burt's Bees hand salve for Canadian winters! My fave products from BB are the hand salve, lip balm (not flavoured?), and this ginger scented shower gel that is a real pick me up. They also made this great citrus spice exfoliating soap and a peppermint soap - both smelt amazing but I can't find them anywhere these days. Perhaps they have been discontinued!

Yeah, I have their tomato soap and toner for oily skin that have also disappeared from store shelves.  I wish companies wouldn't change up their items so quickly.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing