cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

Mustache removals

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or ways they get rid of a mustache. I’m a female and I bleach my stash but when I do my foundation ( liquid ) it clogs up on the hairs. I’m kind of against shaving because I don’t want it to come back darker and course can anyone with similar experience share ? Thank you

Re: Mustache removals

@Anonymous   I feel for you.  I have lots of this experience in this area, and have tried a lot of options to get rid of facial hair.  The most effective one was laser hair removal.  It was miraculous!  After you reach your peak of hair removal, you need to do maintenance trips to keep it away, but if that's not an issue I highly recommend it.

I could not continue with that, so I just keep shaving/plucking.  I'm not that happy with the results, but I've kind of made peace with it.

I hope this isn't too personal, but a hormonal imbalance was part of my issue; maybe that would be worth considering if you haven't already?

@Anonymous I'm not sure how much hair you are dealing with, but I understand your concerns about hair removal in such a sensitive area. I have quite a lot of very blonde facial hair (pretty much all down the sides of my face like a halo when it catches the light, and towards the corners of my mouth) and I tend to just trim it all the way down with sharp scissors and then pluck the odd courser hair as needed.

I do two things. Sometimes, I use a little dermaplane tool that I get from amazon - Schick Silk Touch-Up Multipurpose Exfoliating Dermaplaning Tool. They’re 4 bucks, and so easy to use. That’s what I do if I don’t feel like doing something that takes a lot of time. If I do feel like taking some time, I use a spring hair remover (See attached image. It works a lot like threading, but uses a metal coil. Yeah, it hurts a tiny bit at first, but you get used to it, much like waxing or plucking. I picked mine up on Amazon. I think I paid 15 bucks. I put it in rubbing alcohol to keep it clean in between uses. 65FFA838-055C-472F-AB6E-D1E56E0975C6.jpeg

Mustache removals

I use nair on mine. I got a little tube of facial hair, use it about once every two weeks, and it has lasted me seven months for $12 cad.

I usually wax mine, myself. I buy wax strips and cut them to size. I use tweezers on any remaining hair and cleanse the remaining residue. This takes me under 3mins. Inexpensive and fast

I have shaved and I didn't notice a different.

RE: Mustache removals

I just shave mine when needed🤷🏼‍♀️

RE: Mustache removals

I sugar mine. It grow back in much thinner and I don’t have to do it very often.

@Anonymous I’m sure your local mall offers waxing, you could try waxing. Threading is also an option. Nair? There are many options other then shaving. 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • 65FFA838-055C-472F-AB6E-D1E56E0975C6.jpeg
testing