Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Most used products and the ones we always repurchase!

I am sure we all have some products that we use the most and then we "run" to Sephora (or other stores) to repurchase and stock up on it, with a thought - "Just in case or I am about to finish up my other one, so I might as well pick up a back up now... etc" .

What are your most used products, the ones you know you'll go and repurchase no matter what?

Mine are:

- Anastasia Brow Wiz -  ohh boy - this is one of my little fave things that I use the most and I buy few of them a year, just because I use it so often.

- Nars Creamy Consealer - does its job, so smooth and gives me the coverage I need!

- When Travelmate face masque <3 - so amazing, portable, and  travel safe/mess free!!

Highlighted

Re: Most used products and the ones we always repurchase!

I just checked into the site of my first beauty love and saw this.  Frankly, I am thrilled.  She is the most stylish person in Hollywood right now.

*No worries.  I am not shopping!

She is seriously stylish! I love Lupita!

Yes, LOVE Lupita!

notcreative

I had sworn off Lancome many years ago and only just ventured into their lipsticks (have two).  Lisa Eldridge is their new Creative Director.  She is one of the few people who vides I do watch often.  I am eager to see what she might do with the line...I appreciate her makeup philosophy and ideas.

The irony of that post is I went shop crazy and made Rouge within a week of posting it.

I love Lancome.  It was my first love and will probably always stick with me.  95% of the products are great quality to me.  I own SO MANY Lancome items.  If you ever want advice on a product, there is a good chance I own it.  Let me know.  Just NEVER buy your Lancome from Sephora.  To this date, I still never have.  I NEED a deal, and there is always a huge GWP somewhere.  If you need to know where one is, let me know!

notcreative, I bought both my Lancôme lipsticks from Nordstrom.  I don't own anything else Lancôme at the moment.  Lancome  face products and I are not friend s(hence my swear off from years ago).  If they release a new line of lipsticks, I will surely try that.....

I doubt I will ever make Rouge at Sephora because I have always been a Nordstrom shopper.  The advantages are unbeatable. 

I love Nordstrom, too.  I am still a little annoyed that I let the YSL rep talk me into letting her place an OOS order for me in October 2014.  I had already spent over the $125 GWP minimum in store, so I did not need the extra item to qualify.  I told her I would order the extra item online, and she insisted that I allow her to do it for me.  Rather than telling her I WANTED to do it myself, I just let her do it.  She was nice.

Had I placed it online myself, I would have at least gotten the 3 samples (it was not enough to qualify for another $125 gift).  For deals sake, NEVER let reps place your orders.  It was my first and last time doing that.  They will never give you samples!  Nordstrom samples are usually nice, too.  I could not bring myself to look at what I missed out on, but I am sure it was awesome.

When the box arrived with zero samples and no GWP, it was my least satisfied order of the WHOLE year.  And, the item I ordered was the Kiss and Blush in shade 11, which is beautiful!  I just HATE paying full price for something and getting nothing extra in return!

I am a deal shopper, so I typically shop where I get the best deal.  That means my spend at any given place never looks too high, but I just pray no one ever adds them all together.  My husband did add three of my months last year, and I did not like it one little bit!

That sucks notcreative!  Nordstrom samples are pretty good - I agree.  I like how they sometimes ship the samples in an entire box of its own with a $0 bill.  They do this when the real product might be delayed, but they want you to have your samples quickly.

I am a deal shopper too (different to sale shopper).   

You might ask them to give you some samples right there in the store if the rep places an order.  Worth a shot.

Yes, a deal shopper is a completely different animal than a sale shopper.

Nah, I just will not let them place an order for me at all.  I hate having to ask for samples.  Just give 'em to me like they do online.

I have received a box full of nothing but samples from more retailers than Nordstrom.  Neiman Marcus is guilty of that as well.  It's crazy that they do that, but they want you to get the samples you asked for (may go OOS if it waits for the shipment).  There's a concept!

Anastasia Brow Wiz and powder...I love these. 

MAC Angel lipstick. When I run out I will get another tube. Just the best pale pink nude lip. 

Josie Maran Infinity Cream oil. I use this in the winter and it saves my skin. 

RevitaLash. It has helped me grow my pathetic eyelashes to a normal length. 

Dior mascara primer. Love this and will repurchase again and again. 

YSL Babydoll mascara. This is my current HG mascara, although I am constantly in search of something even better. I've tried a million, and this works best for me. 

Dr. Dennis Gross Active Vitamin D serum oil...I had this once and loved it. Nothing has given me the glow this gave me, so I will need to bite the bullet and get it again! 

Bobbi Brown gel pot eyeliners. I have almost every color and just adore these. 

skincare items are what i'm most loyal / desperate to replace. and i'm rarely loyal to lipsticks because the moment i find something i unequivocally love it'll be discontinued, and i have to start all over. it happens to me all the time !!

from sephora:

caudalíe beauty elixir

nars sheer glow foundation

nars radiant creamy concealer

a lot of my new favorite things are just that--new (to me). time will only tell where my loyalty lies !

elsewhere:

aveda botanical kinetics exfoliant (toner)

aveda botanical kinetics moisturizer

kiehls rare earth clay mask

boots botanics cleansing balm (i use different cleansing balms but this is my most-always-have as it's affordable and easy to have on hand)

boots botanics facial oil

i really love nars lipstick but am not exactly 'loyal' to it.

lipsticks - i know what you mean, i hate when they discontinue  our favorite shades and then it's like "what do i do now" (unless of course you have a back up). I found out that with little or A LOT of looking around it is possible to find a similar dupe color, for lipsticks at least

I always have Stila liquid liner and Benefit Badgal lash on hand!  Love Urban Decay setting spray too.. always have that

It seems that I'm pretty fickle on my loyalty to most beauty products.

Skincare is different.

Products already repurchased, some more times than once:

• Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
  • Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Oil-Reducing Cleanser (used day/night, alternating with Neutrogena)
  • Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser Foaming Formula (used day/night, alternating with PC)
  • Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant (used day/night as a toner)
  • Paula’s Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum (used day/night)
  • Dior Capture Totale Eyes Essential Eye Zone Boosting Super Serum (used daytime before eye cream)
  • La Mer Eye Balm Intense eye cream (used in day)
  • Dr Brandt Do Not Age Triple Peptide Eye Cream (used at night)
  • Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream (used at night, alternatively with other creams)
  • Paula’s Choice RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum (used at night)

Most of my frequent repurchases are skincare stuff like Ole Henriksen's makeup wipes, Sheer Transformation, and Vitamin C serum. Masks as well, like the Origins Charcoal mask and Fresh's Treatment bar.

For makeup I feel like I'm always trying different products so I never really finish anything except Urban Decay's primer potion and Smashbox's foundation primer.

I think I may be one of the least brand loyal people on Earth. Every time I go to replace stuff I see something else I want to try. I'm like that dog in the movie UP. Squirrel!

I think the only product I buy again and again is the Diorskin Nude foundation. Oh, I did recently replenish a Boscia cleanser. I would definitely buy the Tarte Maracuja Oil again, but I'm pretty sure the bottle I have will never run out. It's huge and not much is needed at a time.

I wasn't always this way. I used to use Chanel skin products religiously, but a couple of years ago I just stopped getting results from them. Most recently I've been using the Algenist eye lift and the Murad Complete Reform and am loving them. I plan to repurchase when I run out, but who knows what new and exciting miracle product will come out between now and then. 

• Benefit Eye Bright
  • Kat Von D powder foundation
  • Murad acne spot treatment

Other than these, I get most things from the drug store. I haven't found my favourite mascara, concealer, primer, etc. yet, so I like trying new things when I run out!

Mascara wise there so many options!!! I went through soooo many of them (high end and drugstore) in order to find my absolute must have: The ones that i LOVE are Chanel Volume de Chanel and Lancome Hypnose Custom Volume mascara. 

Eye primers - i love using my MAC painpots - they are truly very good - even out your eye lid color ,and makeup lasts all day long!

Face primer - My HG product is Hourglass Mineral Veil primer.

Thanks for the suggestions! I've heard those are all amazing products, but they're a little expensive for me lol Smiley Very Happy

you are welcome!  i know they are pricey but remember you can save up and make those your special purchases, also Sephora has Hourglass face  mini primer as a 100pt perk  - check it out Smiley Happy

Perricone MD Pore Minimizer toner $55

NARS radiant creamy concealer in Vanilla

Kate Somerville Oil Free moisturizer

UD's Cannonball mascara

What a fun topic! Here are mine:

Benefit Dandelion - the blush I keep going back to

Tarte SmolderEYES in brown - my favorite liner ever

Koh Gen Do cleansing water - gets everything off, even stubborn eye makeup

Kate somerville Goat milk, nourish and oil free moisturizers

PTR Gentle exfoliating pads

Caudalie SOS Serum

Clarins Milk cleanser alpine herbs

My staples I always have them in my skin care rotation.

I can add anything to my routine but if it doesn't work I can always count on them to get me back on track!

Mostly skin care items, from my end!

- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream and Exfolikate, though I'm going to give PTR'S Pumpkin Enzyme Mask a try for awhile to see how that treats my skin!

- Living Proof amp2 Instant Texture Volumizer

- Purity Made Simple cleanser

- Korres Pomegranate Toner

- Shiseido sunscreen

2 Replies