Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Monthly Misses: September 2021

Another month has come and gone.  Hopefully you were able to post your successes on the Monthly Favorites: September 2021 Edition! .  This thread is for the less memorable products and experiences...Because you can't have the good without the bad, right?  Post about what items didn't work for you, and why.  Hearing about the less than stellar can often be helpful for others, and cathartic for ourselves.

image-asset.jpeg

Re: Monthly Misses: September 2021

@greeneyedgirl107   I agree about the Monsieur Big Mascara.  I loved it when it first came out, and to me, it seemed like the formula changed and got thicker.  Or, maybe it just doesn't stay very fluid for long.  Also, I guess I've become more clumsy because that wand is definitely too large for me to maneuver. 

@Ispend2much6 I also thought the tube was too thick.  I felt awkward with it.

Sorry that you didn't like the Monsieur Big, @greeneyedgirl107.  It's actually my favorite!  There's definitely something for everyone 😉.

@CookieGirl1 I was wondering if maybe I got a bad tube, since so many people like it.

@greeneyedgirl107 Aww sorry you didn’t like the mascara. I actually like it for my lashes. 

@greeneyedgirl107 it's probably just a preference thing. I actually don't like the Essence mascara 😂

@CookieGirl1 For some reason I'm always interested in what mascaras people use.  Whenever I've rec'd a mascara to someone (outside of BIC, that is) I usually get some resistance.  That happened before when I used to use NYX, and before that when I used to use Maybelline.  I think it's be interesting to do a timeline of how long people stay attached to one particular version of a mascara.

@greeneyedgirl107  Oh darn. I’ve always heard good things about the Lancôme mascara sorry it didn’t work out. 

@greeneyedgirl107  The Lancome mascara didn’t work out for me either.

@faeriegirl Anything in particular that you didn't care for?

@greeneyedgirl107  It didn’t give me very much volume and it smudged after about 6 hours.

@greeneyedgirl107  Thanks for hosting the thread! 

@Ispend2much6 You're sweet!  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️  I'd hate to be considered a Debbie Downer, but I feel there's a place for it.

download.jpe

No, but discussing misses and why a product doesn't work is super helpful, @greeneyedgirl107!! I love these threads and super appreciate your hosting them!!

@greeneyedgirl107  It's a service so that BIC members can do more research before shopping so there's less chance of wasting money.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 77 replies
  • 446 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos7
  • image-asset.jpeg
  • download.jpe
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1632789044055.jpeg
  • IMG_20210920_200955546.jpg
  • 20211002_184810~2.jpg
  • 391C10C3-066C-4BCE-B8E8-19FC46C07119.gif