Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Monthly Misses: November 2022

I feel like I just posted one of these threads - but I guess it was for October.  Still, I bet a lot of us had time to find at least one thing that didn't work well.  Share, and share alike.  What is the formula or color that didn't suit you?  Was it a technique or a tool?  Was it makeup or skincare?

editors-picks-best-beauty-products-tout-edf6fc7ef285491d87e4b27c4b37776d.jpg

Re: Monthly Misses: November 2022

I got a free sample of the Laura Mercier Primer and I am not a fan. It left my make up looking very cakey and uneven. It definitely under performed, It gets a big no thank you from me.

The other day I was thinking that I really don’t have any monthly fails @greeneyedgirl107 but in reality I have a doozy. I purchased a bottle of OPI Big Apple Red gel polish and I have never had this reaction. The first problem was that I got a spot of nail polish on my sweater and now I lost about a quarter of the polish from my thumb. I plan on tossing the polish.

image.jpg

That's a let down @Loretta55 😭

I am really disappointed @CynthieLu. The color is so pretty though.

Big fat FAIL

IMG_20221129_150700410.jpg

 yeah I hate this, if I use it on wet hair it does nothing, if I use it on dry hair, it frizzes and gets my hair clumpy 👎👎👎

Thanks for the warning, @lmaster! I hate when curly hair products dry out my hair.

@curlychiquita I was so bummed!! I loved the devacurl pomade,, this one is just not for me

@JessKors exactly! 🙌 It's a let down

Thanks for the warning @lmaster.

@Loretta55 no problem!! 

Ugh, what a bummer @lmaster 

Hey did you ever make friends with the Ouai wave spray again 😅 or did it end up letting you down permanently?

@CynthieLu I have not pitched it yet 😉 I will try it your way soon!

The Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Always an Optimist Soft Radiance Setting Powder Light was a miss for me. I get why some love it - it’s lightweight, the container is genius (doesn’t spill anywhere!). My problem was I felt there were micro glitters in it that instead of blurring the skin or adding glow, just emphasized my acne. Was bummed because I have loved every other Rare Beauty product I’ve tried! 

PXL_20221127_202656158~2.jpg

I don't have a single good thing to say about the ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr On 'Til Dawn Mattifying Waterproof Setting Spray 3.4 oz/ 143 mL that I got in my Sephoria box (yes I know it's been a few months but I had to pick them up from my sister in the USA). It doesn't spray well, it has the worst scent, it makes me gag before I feel like I've gotten enough out to cover my face and I don't feel like it's doing much to elongate the wear of my makeup. 

Anyone else hating the new Scentbird cases? Did I just get a dud? I find half of the new spray containers I have don't work in it, so I have to take them out to spray. Furthermore, the new fragrance inserts aren't flat bottomed anymore so now I can't store upright in my vanity, necessitating keeping them in the bulky packaging they come in. I don't even think these atomizers look that much better or more high end than the previous ones. 

I bought the Dyson Supersonic™ Wide-tooth Comb Attachment forever ago but I’m not sure I ever mentioned it here but I do not understand this at all. The magnetic hold is not strong enough to hold this in place while combing through my hair. I should have returned it 

I took a chance on a new eyeshadow primer and regret it on first use Lancôme Prime It Boost It 0.33 oz/ 10 mL it oddly made my shadow crease. Back to UD for me! 

Oh, that's definitely not winner than @GG84 

I had a sample of Dior Capture Totale Super Potent Serum Home & Away Set (not the set, just the serum), and both times I used it I got a huge zit that took a week to go away.  I usually don't get those at all.  Very happy I had the sample to find this out with.

That is awful when it happens 😭 @curlychiquita a whole week to get rid of it,  yikes!

@curlychiquita @That’s always the worst ! 

Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 112 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos4
  • editors-picks-best-beauty-products-tout-edf6fc7ef285491d87e4b27c4b37776d.jpg
  • PXL_20221127_202656158~2.jpg
  • IMG_20221129_150700410.jpg
  • image.jpg
testing