Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Monthly Misses: November 2021

Another month has gone by, and it might have been filled with some beauty misses.  This is a place for us to reflect on which items just didn't live up to expectations.  

download.jpe

Share your experiences here.  It will let us know what you've been trying, and maybe steer others in a better direction.

Re: Monthly Misses: November 2021

@faeriegirl did you try them all? 

@lmaster  I tried the Hibiscus & Rose and the Blue Tansy and chamomile. I didn’t like either scent.

@faeriegirl thank you! That seals it for me trying different scents

@faeriegirl Good to know. 

I tried Bioderma Sensibio makeup remover, and it was a let down for me.  A lot of times I will wash my face when I get home from work.  Most of my eye makeup is removed, with just a little bit remaining by the time I wash my face before bed.  So, I tried it twice this way, and my eye makeup didn't budge - not even a little.  I thought this would be easy for this product but it turns out that it wasn't.  So, I didn't even try it on full eye makeup.

I will say that I liked the texture, though.  It was watery which I found comfortable.

@greeneyedgirl107 I don’t feel like you can use it alone to cleanse the face. I do like to double cleanse with it but cannot rely on it alone. 

I was disappointed with the Tula cult classic cleanser that I received as a birthday gift from Ulta. It smells so strong...and not in a good way, but in a cheap, outdated, overpowering perfume kind of way. But, I ran out of the Glossier cleanser that I keep in the shower and thought I'd try out some sample cleansers I had around. Time to keep moving through the sample stash.

@txcatx 

Tula is probably my favorite cleanser of all time, but yup, the scent is a turn off for many! I don't catch perfumey, but it's some weird herbal-ish but not quite herbal scent to my nose, it's definitely strange. It does such a good job of cleansing my oily face without stripping it dry that I've learned to tolerate the scent, perhaps have even become noseblind to it, so I don't mind it anymore, but I actually noped out of trying it for a while after I opened my first tube lol. 

Their 24/7 Moisture Cream has the same scent, but stronger, and it doesn't dissipate like it does when I wash off the cleanser...I can't stand that smell hanging around for a while, so I definitely gave that sample up pretty quickly. 

@txcatx @RGbrown - This is good to know.  I've looked at both of these products several times, but have been indecisive.  Being scent sensitive, this has made up my mind.  😞

@Titian06 I have truly never found a beauty product with a scent I hated as much as this cleanser!

@greeneyedgirl107 - I tried a sample of AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder 1.94 oz/ 55 g .  I used this product regularly many years ago, but then the formula changed, the quantity was reduced, and the price remained the same so I stopped using it.  When a sample was available during the sale, I thought, "Why not?"  The product itself is creamy and foamy and my face felt so clean.  What really turned me off was the scent--it was overpowering and lingering.  It made me nauseous and was just short of inducing a migraine. 😝 

@Titian06 I got a sample of this, too.  I guess I'll be skipping it!

Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 247 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos5
  • download.jpe
  • Screenshot_20211014-094951.png
  • Screenshot 2021-11-30 153222.jpg
  • f950748eed7fcc55d910f85b78207b4831f390a2_original.jpeg
  • ROSE_QUARTZ_PALETTE_0820-01e24b0d3c714f82810047787675e10f.jpg
testing