Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Monthly Misses: March 2023

It's that time of the month again!  Time to leave cautionary tales of what just didn't work out for you.  Shout it out!

the-best-beauty-products-we-tried-in-september-tout-6d7e514c26bf47a696b7c24fe113efd3.jpg

Re: Monthly Misses: March 2023

I wasn’t thrilled with the Glossier Cloud Paint Gel Cream Blush Storm either @Samtian . I am glad that I tried it when I was home because I felt like it clown. It scared me from adding too much color to my cheeks in other blush products. To be honest I have not found any Glossier products to my liking. I am glad that I did not invest too much money on the line.

Similar experience @Samtian .  It works nicely as a lipstain, but not as a blush.

@Loretta55 Awe I'm sorry to hear that. I'm also glad I tried it at home before going out first. I still want to try the lip balm. 

Skip it @Samtian , it’s nothing special. I purchased a few packages from Glossier’s BF sale and nothing has wowed me. I found everything underwhelming. I still have not tried the Glossier Boy Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel-Pomade and Glossier Lash Slick Lift and Lengthening Mascara .

The Boy Brow is decent @Loretta55 , I reach for Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel 4 more because the Boy Brow sometimes removes the pencil for me where my hair is sparse.  But, I wouldn't discount it overall, it's just not the level of wow I was expecting.  Glossier Brow Flick Microfine Detailing Eyebrow Pen  on the other hand is pretty nice, I haven't used a brow pen before, but it's easy to use and hasn't smudged on me.  I set it with a gel and setting powder and it holds decently during a gym session.

I tried Benefit Cosmetics Brow Microfilling Eyebrow Pen @danielledanielle and I felt like it looked fake on me. I have multiple areas on my eyebrows that are either sparse or have white hair. I prefer a regular brow pencil or I also like PATRICK TA Major Brow Shaping Wax Tinted to help . 

@Loretta55 , oh...I'm not a fan of the benefit brow pen either (just swatching in store made me not interested).  The glossier one is more like a felt liner, vs the three pronged pen.  My point was I would choose brow flick over boy brow because my brow hair is sparse.  Boy brow is likely better suited for someone with brows, but they need a little oomph

I am going to need to swatch it in store @danielledanielle. I’m afraid that brown may be too dark and blond may be too light.

@Loretta55 I'm with you.  I don't think that Glossier is necessarily the brand for me 🤔.

Defintley sounds like those were huge misses for you @Samtian a volcano of blush is not a good time 😱

That Futuredew is a tricky product, @Samtian. It is definitely not ideal for oily/combo skin 😞 Sorry they were both misses! 

@eshoe Thank you. I'll keep that one for nights I'm feeling lazy. 

If it bugs you too much, @Samtian.….a foot mask. Some cozy socks over it.

@eshoe That is genius, I'm going to have to try that. 

I had 2 misses this month. 21A68A79-4673-4C6B-9DDD-29FE96251DF8.jpeg

The Naturium cleansing balm is too oily and hard to rinse off. The Byoma eye gel was great at first but by the 3rd week I started to get milia. @Sunnysmom 

Oooh noo, millia, yikes @faeriegirl I hope it's cleared up for you 🙏

Sorry to hear you had misses this month

Ooooh, that sounds like no good, @faeriegirl. I have not heard of either of these products, but knowing which other ones work for you (and me too), I will steer clear. 

@faeriegirl Too bad that eye gel didn’t work out for you. I bought their face mist and cleanser and I’ve loving them so far.

Thanks for the tag @faeriegirl ! Oh no, nope, that’s no good. I’m so sorry. Glad you discovered it now though! Next! 💞

For me it is Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare All-Physical Dark Spot Sun Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 1.7 oz ,I just don't like the scent.  But that shouldn't stop anyone from trying it.  

Scent is so personal @CorgiMommy 

I'd feel the same if I didn't like the way it smells. It would have to be pretty astounding to keep me using it, especially if I was using it close to my sniffer 😉

Are you still hunting down a spf?

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • the-best-beauty-products-we-tried-in-september-tout-6d7e514c26bf47a696b7c24fe113efd3.jpg
  • 21A68A79-4673-4C6B-9DDD-29FE96251DF8.jpeg
  • 55C8D299-AD8E-464F-A479-888546C59262.jpeg
  • IMG_3041.jpeg
  • IMG_3043.jpeg
testing