Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Monthly Misses: June 2024

It's almost the end of the month, which means it's time to post what products were a total miss...or even a near miss.  Take a break from the heat wave and share!

greeneyedgirl107_0-1719011812722.png

Re: Monthly Misses: June 2024

Half Magic Lip Snuggle High Pigment Oil-Balm feels like the original MAC Lipglass on my lips: STICKY and wax-lips heavy. I couldn’t bear wearing it longer than 30 minutes the night I wear-tested it at home. Too bad, because I love the shade I bought (Hail to the Cocoa): 

Half Magic Lip Snuggle High Pigment Oil-Balm shade Hail to the Cocoa.Half Magic Lip Snuggle High Pigment Oil-Balm shade Hail to the Cocoa.

Also, the tube has an angled foam applicator tip that would work well for a different formula, perhaps something lightweight and sheer. It made applying this thick heavy STICKY product messy and unpleasant. 

Shoulda took a photo *before* I used it, to better show how the applicator looks.Shoulda took a photo *before* I used it, to better show how the applicator looks.

Lipglass lovers might love this stuff. I’m not one of them. 

This color looks great on you, @WinglessOne !  However, like you, I can't stand sticky products on my lips.  That is a no-go sensorial issue!

Sorry to hear about your miss! Comfort is very important to me as well with lip care and wear, I can relate ❤️ @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne it is a shame as the color is lovely

What a bummer, @WinglessOne!  That is such a gorgeous shade for you.  

Thank you @CookieGirl1 !  I wonder if my experience was a fluke, now that I keep hearing people say these lip oil/balm/whatevers feel very lightweight, more like an oil than anything else. Huh. Maybe I’ll use Ulta points to try a different shade for $0 out of pocket. 

@WinglessOne ...and pray that it goes better the second time around, lol.

I only used this once before and today a second time, when I tell you very little color it’s fine line it doesnt show up on inner corner eye which I was hoping for but I’m sure it would work for someone else sometimes it’s not meant to be and that’s okay! 

Danessa Myricks Beauty Infinite Chrome Waterproof Micropencil Eyeliner Emerald    💚

@peculiarzmakeup   I know what you mean.  I had gotten one of these at an 80% discount, loved the formula and thin line, but because they are duo chrome, they just don't show up like I wanted them to.

Yes! It’s such a great and fun product just the way it appears is not what I thought! I just ordered the Danessa Myricks Beauty Infinite Chrome Flakes Multichrome Gel for Eyes & Face Monarch  (except the pink I couldn’t find it in the tag) I’m hoping the pigment shows up better: thank you for your feedback 💕 @Ispend2much6 

I hope you love the chrome flakes! They can be applied very sheer for sparkle, or heavier for a super metallic effect. I love them! Please share your thoughts over in The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread when you try them! Remember to keep the silver cover and keep the lid tight on them! 

Thank you so much! I will definatley share in the thread, I’m looking forward to trying them and thank you for the tip 💕 @sister13 

@peculiarzmakeup do you think it is the color or the product?   Sometimes a different color works better

I do think it might be because it might be pigmented, that’s a great point, thank you 😊 💚 @CorgiMommy 

These two PMG lipsticks are misses for me.  They apply patchy and look like different colors on me compared to the various swatches I found on Google before purchasing.  [This has only happened with Charlotte Tilbury Mini Pillow Talk Lipstick & Liner Set Pillow Talk (the lipstick).]

PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Nude Nocturne 

PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Honey Haze 

@Titian06  Earlier this year, I swatched Nude Nocturne in-store on my hand and thought “huh, that looks very familiar.” So I grabbed PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Flesh 3 109 and swatched it and Nude Nocturne on a white tissue. The 2 shades are nearly identical. 😒 Flesh 3 is one of my favorite lipstick shades by anyone, but c’mon Pat. 

I did think to myself, “next time I’m out of Flesh 3, I guess I could buy this embossed version of it as a restock.” But I did also notice Nude Nocturne behaved a bit differently on my hand than MatteTrances usually do. So I’m glad you’re saying it applies patchy. I mean, not glad for you (patchy lipstick is so annoying) but, eh, glad for my wallet. Sorry the other Heart’s Desire collection shade’s also patchy. This does not bode well for the future of MatteTrances in general. 

That sounds upsetting! Pretty shades but texture and comfort matters as well as color match! @Titian06 🫶💕

@Titian06 that is  unfortunate,  hope you can return them

Sunday Riley C.E.O. Afterglow Brightening Vitamin C Moisturizer is a definite miss for me.  The product works great but I didn't like the smell of it.  

Same!! @CorgiMommy 

28 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 125 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos3
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1719011812722.png
  • Half Magic Lip Snuggle High Pigment Oil-Balm shade Hail to the Cocoa.
  • Shoulda took a photo *before* I used it, to better show how the applicator looks.
testing