Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Monthly Misses: July 2021

July started with a bang, but might have ended with a whimper for some of us beauty lovers.  This thread is to give us a chance to mention the items that weren't all fireworks.  

greeneyedgirl107_0-1627426168693.jpeg

Re: Monthly Misses: July 2021

I purchased those products last year from Briogeo direct @Ispend2much6. I was not wowed then but I figured that I would give it another try. Maybe I need to add some curl enhancement spray before I use these products again.

@Loretta55  I have problems with super heavy products on my hair it just weighs it down. 

I am still going to try to make it work @ather . I may need to try another product along with those two.

No "real" misses from this month; mostly because I haven't been using anything! Just a miss with scheduling a midmonth move the same month as a major work grant was due. I don't think I've used moisturizer in weeks since I can't find the box it's in 😂. But my new (first?) vanity along with some other furniture finally arrived, so this long weekend will be nice for unpacking and organizing. 🤞

@haleyvvvv   Vanities seem to give such a sense of glamour and pampering. I had one when I was a teen; I could use one now (but I'd probably just clutter it up with too many lipsticks.)

I put off getting one, because I wasn't too sure the utility, @Ispend2much6; but when we moved, while getting a larger space, the bathroom is a definite downgrade and I needed somewhere to keep my "in use" rotation of makeup and skincare. We'll see how cluttered it gets, I'm hoping I can keep it similar levels to my old bathroom (mild clutter). 

@haleyvvvv  Good luck moving!!! 

Thank you, @ather!! We're almost done unpacking!!

@haleyvvvv  Yay!

@haleyvvvv Oooh, moving is a pain!  Hope that you're able to get settled in soon 🙂

Thank you, @CookieGirl1!!

My July miss was technically from the end of June.  I bought a fragrance mist from BBW called "Fresh Cut Lilacs."  I was so happy that they finally made a scent like this b/c I really enjoy single note fragrances.  Also, so many of their hand washes and room spray scents are appealing to me in fragrance form, but never seem to transition their way into body mists.  Unfortunately, the mist smelled like air freshener from Glade.  It was doubly disappointing b/c I had a lilac body mist from BBW in the 90s that was wonderful - so authentic.  I've been waiting for it to come back for years and years and years.  I think it was literally just called "lilac." 

Lilacs are so beautiful @Anonymous7, I can see why you had high hopes for that spray.

@greeneyedgirl107  Darn I hate when they reinvent something that doesn’t need to be changed. 

@ather  I never, ever understand why companies do things like that!

Both of my misses this month were skincare. Peter Thomas Roth Peptide 21™ Wrinkle Resist Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL did not do anything for my skin and caused minor irritation. Paula's Choice Water-Infusing Electrolyte Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is ok at moisturizing but has a scent that smells bad.

@faeriegirl  That’s to bad. Scents can definitely ruin products for me too

I also found that PTR serum didn't really do anything, @faeriegirl!! Im sorry it caused some irritation!!

Oh no!! Was really hoping you would have better luck with the PTR! @faeriegirl 

Unfortunately KVD Beauty Good Apple Lightweight Full-Coverage Cream Foundation Balm was a fail for me @greeneyedgirl107 . When I applied it the first time using a Beautyblender it looked cakey. I wore it yesterday applying it using my fingers it looked better but I have other foundations that I prefer.

@Loretta55  Darn. 

Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 230 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos4
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1627426168693.jpeg
  • IMG_20210804_185047224.jpg
  • 20210805_153307_HDR.jpg
  • 20210805_153514.jpg
testing