Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Monthly Misses: July 2021

July started with a bang, but might have ended with a whimper for some of us beauty lovers.  This thread is to give us a chance to mention the items that weren't all fireworks.  

greeneyedgirl107_0-1627426168693.jpeg

Re: Monthly Misses: July 2021

Miss for me was the Natasha Denona eyeshadow primer. It was honestly so bad! It creased almost immediately on my eyelids and made my eyeshadow last LESS time than it usually does. 

If you were considering buying the Besame Marilyn Collection white cream highlighter, please reconsider.

I bought it because it was one of the cheapest options in order to get the sample packets of their skincare, which I like.  I should have shelled out a few more dollars for a lipstick, in retrospect.

This "highlighter" feels like, and applies like, putty.  It never dries down, it amplifies pores and dry skin, and there is no shimmer to highlight.  When I applied it to my face, no matter how much I blended it, you could still see a white streak on my face.

20210805_153307_HDR.jpg20210805_153514.jpg

I have two misses and I'm extremely sad about the herbivore 😥

IMG_20210804_185047224.jpg

@itsfi @eshoe the new version is a huge miss for me! One of the main reasons I liked the old version so much was how it felt on my skin. It was not sticky and felt so good, this new version is the opposite,,, besides the amount of actual bakuchiol that's in the product, it feels like your smearing slime on your face,,, not to mention it stays tacky 💔

The Murad, I tried so many times and each and every time my face feels so greasy twords the end of the day and it makes my eyes burn,,,I don't even put the product that close to them. 

This is a very disheartening post, @lmaster. I am nearing the end of mine, too. Maybe a few days at most left. But it is so, so sad because nothing has worked as well for me as the original.

@eshoe whoever thought this new formula was a good idea,, was sadly mistaken

Oh no @lmaster ! The Murad is my daytime moisturizer. I purchase it every spring when it is on sale and stock up for the entire year.

@lmasterThat's a shame; those aren't cheap.  I wonder about sunscreens myself because I recently developed an allergy to my Bobbi Brown foundation that has an spf 15 and, believe it or not, the Saie tinted moisturizer, which has a physical sunscreen I think.

@Ispend2much6 @Loretta55 luckily this Murad came in the Sephora SPF bag so it wasn't a major loss, I tried though,,,I really did, my eyes are sensitive, however I've never experienced a moisturizer or SPF that turned this way after about 8 hours of wear, so it's not an initial reaction, but as the hours go by, my skin gets terribly oily and my eyes are red and burning

That is the worst feeling @Ispend2much6  when a product that worked so well in the past gives you a sudden allergic reaction.

I was so disappointed by the new herbivore formula @lmaster.

@faeriegirl it's quite disgusting applying it,,, such a huge disappointment

Dr. Zenovia Skincare 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Spot Treatment , I don't get what happened.  I used it once, and it zapped away.  I used it on my chin and the whole area broke out.  I'm so disappointed.

@danielledanielle  Such a letdown. If you find a new miracle product for acne let me know!!

@danielledanielle  Aw, sorry this didn't work the way you wanted. Was your breakout a bunch of tiny red bumps (a bad reaction)? Or was it more like an acne flare on your chin (a purge)? Have you used benzoyl peroxide before with no issues? 

I can't use this product myself (I'm allergic to its main active), but it's on my recommendation list for someone who asked me about benzoyl peroxide products that are stronger than the one he currently uses. Last year he started occasionally using PanOxyl 4% Acne Wash (in addition to his usual 2% benzoyl peroxide product) and experienced a month-long purge on his jawline. But he stuck with it and his skin improved. Now he's looking for a leave-on that's at least as strong as that wash, to replace his 2% leave-on. Anyway, this is me rambling about the possibility of your breakout being a purge. 🙂 

@danielledanielle Oh no!!!! I’m sorry this didn’t end up working for you. It’s worked so well for me. 

Yeah, I don't know what happened @lnum .  Usually I'm introducing things one at a time, I guess this was still too much for me 🤷🏽‍♀️. I think you'll be ok @@lmaster 

@danielledanielle Sometimes ingredient combinations just don’t make our skin happy! I’ve had a few misses here and there of products that should have worked well. 

Oh no!!! I have this in my loves list too @danielledanielle 😔

I forgot that I had a miss with Briogeo Curl Charisma™ Rice Amino + Avocado Leave–In Defining Cream  and Briogeo Curl Charisma™ Rice Amino + Quinoa Frizz Control Gel 5.5 oz/ 163 mL . Sorry that it did not help me to achieve the curls/waves that I desire. It is probably too heavy for my hair type.

@Loretta55  I'm so glad I popped over here and saw your thread because I have these in my Ulta cart; now I'm not sure. 

Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 230 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos4
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1627426168693.jpeg
  • IMG_20210804_185047224.jpg
  • 20210805_153307_HDR.jpg
  • 20210805_153514.jpg
testing